CEO of DeeZee

Gone Blue

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 4X4 Ingot Silver
That damper is for the F150 and will not fit the Ranger. The brackets are totally different on them.

IMG_1798.jpg
Dang, sorry about that. Well I guess Varsity Ford is still the best deal for a Ranger. G.B.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dang, sorry about that. Well I guess Varsity Ford is still the best deal for a Ranger. G.B.
No biggie. :) My Ranger is in my Amazon garage so it automatically tells me if a part is comparable. Plus having recently installed mine I noticed the brackets were different.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...I should've made a deal with Varsity before spreading their price on forums:)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...I should've made a deal with Varsity before spreading their price on forums:)
Hi Sid,

I already did this, so you loose...I get 1 cent for every increase in order....I am on way to being rich beyond belief!

:):):):):):):):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
My Dealer price matched Varsity with no questions - other then asking me to show them the price on my phone.
Installation was about 10 minutes - as long as you have a T50 torx bit and a M6 allen.....not sure why they mixed them....torx on the factory parts and allen on the Ford accessory damper.

16m3

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 bmw m3
I purchased this same damper from varsity ford and installed it exactly as shown on instructions. It works but I have one issue: when you close the tailgate the cable goes between the dee zee shock and the body of the truck and gets pinned in there. When you lower the tailgate the cable eventually pops out of there on the way down. It gets stuck enough that you hear it pop when it releases.
Anyone else have this problem? I called Dee Zee and spoke to two different people there. Second one said it would be a Ford issue since it was an OEM type part and not a third party part. That sounds weird to me. I sent them a video of the tailgate opening and the cable popping out from next to the shock.
Not sure how to post videos here.
Note: for the plate that mounts to the truck itself (as opposed to the one that mounts to the tailgate edge) the instructions show it mounts straight up and down. But in a video I found on utube a guy mounted that plate with the bottom angled towards the back of the truck and his cable doesn't get stuck.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Can I purchase it online from Varsity Ford using FordPass points or do I need to call them?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Can I purchase it online from Varsity Ford using FordPass points or do I need to call them?
You can only use your FordPass points at the dealer,not online.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I purchased this same damper from varsity ford and installed it exactly as shown on instructions. It works but I have one issue: when you close the tailgate the cable goes between the dee zee shock and the body of the truck and gets pinned in there. When you lower the tailgate the cable eventually pops out of there on the way down. It gets stuck enough that you hear it pop when it releases.
Anyone else have this problem?
I called Dee Zee and spoke to two different people there. Second one said it would be a Ford issue since it was an OEM type part and not a third party part. That sounds weird to me. I sent them a video of the tailgate opening and the cable popping out from next to the shock.
Not sure how to post videos here.
Note: for the plate that mounts to the truck itself (as opposed to the one that mounts to the tailgate edge) the instructions show it mounts straight up and down. But in a video I found on utube a guy mounted that plate with the bottom angled towards the back of the truck and his cable doesn't get stuck.
Yes they all do this. There's a quick fix for it here from member @The Long Ranger that keeps it from getting caught between the shock and the body.

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
I noticed after a month or so of having it installed that the bracket was no longer vertical. I unscrewed the Torx screw a bit, and then tightened it back up, but tighter this time.

I think since the damper attachment is on the lower part of the bracket, but there's only one screw and it's at the top part, it puts a rotational force on the bracket that lets it slowly slip clockwise (looking into the Torx screw).

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
Purchased mine, epoxy painted black and mounted.
20200117_113155.jpg
20200117_113128(0).jpg

Aliby

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4, Tow package, Magnet with Black Sports package
For those who are about to pull the trigger on one of these, it is probably worth waiting...

Just got an email from DeeZee:
DZ43206 Dee Zee Tail Gate Assist Lowering System is the right part number, ... this will be ready from the first part of March.

Their price will be at least a good $10 to $15 cheaper
Sponsored