OEM 2019+ Ranger Tailgate Damper Part# VKB3Z-99406A10-A by DeeZee DZ43206

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed after a month or so of having it installed that the bracket was no longer vertical. I unscrewed the Torx screw a bit, and then tightened it back up, but tighter this time.

I think since the damper attachment is on the lower part of the bracket, but there's only one screw and it's at the top part, it puts a rotational force on the bracket that lets it slowly slip clockwise (looking into the Torx screw).
I noticed that too. I had some 1/16" rubber gasket material laying around and made a gasket to go behind it, helping it to stay straight. It gives the plate something to grab, not just the truck. Plus it helps to protect the paint.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that too. I had some 1/16" rubber gasket material laying around and made a gasket to go behind it, helping it to stay straight. It gives the plate something to grab, not just the truck. Plus it helps to protect the paint.
HI Doug,

A good solution. Another is to take a section of an 80 Grit pressure sensitive adheasive sanding disk, Trace the outline of the bracket on the grit side using a Sharpe fine tip. Cut out the hole for the Torx bolt...peal the backing and place on the pickup box side brace, adhesive side on the paint...Then secure and the 80 grit will bite into the bracket and hold it in place... I had to use this technique on our Reverse Osmosis faucet on our Zodiac countertop...no problem coming loose anymore...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Just ordered mine from Varsity Ford.
$39.90 plus $12.42 shipping
Total: $52.32
Did not see where to enter the code WELCOME for the free shipping discount.
I sent them a message to try and get the shipping refunded.
I'll just have to wait and see how that goes

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Was at the dealer today for my first oil change (free for life!) and decided to use my Ford Pass points and ordered the damper. I wasn't really planning on getting one, but after dropping the tailgate a couple times in the past month :blush:, I decided what the hell and pulled the trigger. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
My tailgate dampener has been sitting
Was at the dealer today for my first oil change (free for life!) and decided to use my Ford Pass points and ordered the damper. I wasn't really planning on getting one, but after dropping the tailgate a couple times in the past month :blush:, I decided what the hell and pulled the trigger. Should have it in a couple of weeks.
My tailgate dampener has been sitting at my dealer's parts dept. since early December, I wanted to use my Ford Pass rewards, but I had to wait a week or so after I took delivery 2 weeks ago for the points to be posted.
I just assume till they call me to pick up my license plates and get the dampener then.
Speaking of plates, have any of you noticed that using a rear license plate frame interferes with the tailgate opening? There is very little clearance between the top of the plate and the tailgate lower edge when the gate is lowered, using a frame pushes the black plastic attached to the bumper forward.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My tailgate dampener has been sitting

My tailgate dampener has been sitting at my dealer's parts dept. since early December, I wanted to use my Ford Pass rewards, but I had to wait a week or so after I took delivery 2 weeks ago for the points to be posted.
I just assume till they call me to pick up my license plates and get the dampener then.
Speaking of plates, have any of you noticed that using a rear license plate frame interferes with the tailgate opening? There is very little clearance between the top of the plate and the tailgate lower edge when the gate is lowered, using a frame pushes the black plastic attached to the bumper forward.
There have been several posts regarding the lack of clearance for license plate frames. I know there are several owners that have found thinner frames and haven't had the issue. Since I'm not a fan of them, it's a non-issue for me.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When I ordered my dampener back in September or so, my buddy who works in the dealer parts dept. said that shipping would be free, since it would be combined with a stock order.
Found out couple days ago that since I'll be using my Ford Pass rewards, a shipping charge applies, total price comes out to what you were quoted, $52.32.
No biggy, the $12.42 is coming from my rewards points anyway.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There have been several posts regarding the lack of clearance for license plate frames. I know there are several owners that have found thinner frames and haven't had the issue. Since I'm not a fan of them, it's a non-issue for me.
Lol, they must of found an ultra thin frame to fit, the clearance looks to be all of 2mm...

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, they must of found an ultra thin frame to fit, the clearance looks to be all of 2mm...
LOL. Yah, there was a serious lack of engineering on that area of the truck. Maybe the engineer was working late on a Friday :crackup:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
It took months for mine to arrive, but I am very happy with the final result. I'm not having any of the problems with it that some other members have described above.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After you click the green bar that says "Secure Checkout" it was on the next page on the right side,Promo Code. I think another member here called them and they credited back the shipping so you might want to call them Monday if you don't hear back from the email.

IMG_1926.jpg

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A w/Sport Package. Black on Black & 2018 Explorer Sport, Tech pkg, twin panel roof. Black on Black
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
For those who are about to pull the trigger on one of these, it is probably worth waiting...

Just got an email from DeeZee:
DZ43206 Dee Zee Tail Gate Assist Lowering System is the right part number, ... this will be ready from the first part of March.

Their price will be at least a good $10 to $15 cheaper
I won't hold my breath lol... I've been waiting for DeeZee to release this part since early 2019...
They've been telling us since that long ago that it'll release soon and yet it never does.

I just ordered the Ford part as I know that's ready now and 50 bucks isn't bad.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I won't hold my breath lol... I've been waiting for DeeZee to release this part since early 2019...
They've been telling us since that long ago that it'll release soon and yet it never does.

I just ordered the Ford part as I know that's ready now and 50 bucks isn't bad.
Same here, I was not about to wait for DeeZee to release it for sale, beside I used my Ford Pass rewards to purchase it for $50 as well.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Same here, I was not about to wait for DeeZee to release it for sale, beside I used my Ford Pass rewards to purchase it for $50 as well.
I did the same. I'm sure DeeZee had to fulfill their initial orders from Ford before they could start selling them direct. Plus using the FordPass points the damper is free and we have them now,not another year from now.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
These last few posts remind me, what ever happened to @TheMarkP and his tailgate damper? I was 100% in on supporting his venture and he totally ghosted a bunch of us.
Sponsored