First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I'm going to dremel a hole into the side of my trans case, JB weld on a plexi site glass and call it good.
HAHA! That's how I had to check the oil level on my 77' GL1000
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I've been sitting on my PPE pan for almost a year now. I want the dipstick in before the pan exchange. So I am ready as well.
Same here, in a box in the garage, waiting on the stick, and a few more miles before I change the Tyranny fluid.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I hear you! I've been waiting this long, what's another month. My truck is ready for its 5,000 mile oil change and I'm going to do the pan and dipstick at the same time. So It is not being driven until this gets done. It is only going on the lift once. I am patient. I have my rejuvenated 2005 Ranger and a fancy new CX-5 to sport around in until then.

Swede726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercab Sport
Occupation
Self Employed
I found a pair of 11 inch 90 degree bent needle nose make checking the fluid easy. Just reach up with one to grab the dipstick.

Screenshot_20230726_171717_Chrome.jpg

Old Red Replacement

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 4x4
Occupation
Retired OTR Diver/Maintenance Mechanic
It will be a small batch at first, for sale here, the people who already have stated they want one, have the first right of refusal, they were the ones who motivated me as customers ready to buy before I even made one.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/remote-transmission-dip-stick-aftermarket-support.24547/

That batch will come with strings attached, I need them to go to people who will put them on right away,(or soon) give feedback on installation, fit and accuracy of markings.

I may have a few sticks with temp tabs to go to high heat areas, I have a temp tab on my development stick, it's showing little to no signs of heat, but it's been cool here.

If that goes well, then the next batch will probably be 200 sticks, if there are changes to be made, then the next batch will be revised to include those changes.

The original price point target was $150 I know I wont be able to get that low, but we will see, the first batch is a loser anyways, all the time money and effort to get this far has been pretty steep.

Note: they are for the 2019-2022 2.3T engine only, maybe the 2023 as well, I have to see one of those trucks.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I found a pair of 11 inch 90 degree bent needle nose make checking the fluid easy. Just reach up with one to grab the dipstick.

Screenshot_20230726_171717_Chrome.jpg
That's after suffering a 2nd degree burn taking the cap off!

C141B FE

First Name
Darron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired Engineer, AF Veteran
I know I'm late to the party, but I'd be game for a stick! Have PPE pan waiting to be installed as well.
Sponsored