First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Under the truck!?
And I thought removing the handle and bolting it closed was bad on my last truck.

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/indicator-assy-oil-level-7865615-1#sectionId:141075323

Your referring to the "A" and "B" marks. Supposedly you fill to the lower "B" mark, and then when it heats up "to temp", it should reach the "A" mark. There's a 10R80 video by FordTechMakuloco;

I want to do the transmission fluid change, and filter drop. I just can't justify it on my ~2,000 mile 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat. I think the part that scares me (and others?) is you supposedly have to disconnect two transmission coolant lines, and pushing it away from the pan so you can pull the pan down. FordTechMakuloco suggests fluid change at 30k, and then fluid + filter change every 60k miles. The manual seems to think Transmission is lifetime fluid, as it says to only check if there are problems with shifting gears... different strokes for different folks.

I've watched several videos from Precision Transmission, he hasn't taken apart or rebuilt a 10R80 on video yet, usually 1 hour from start to end;

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you are wondering the dip stick from B&M will work. One of the other members on here has already installed one on his ranger. Also there are a few companies that have a transmission pan with a drain plug(PPE is one of them) where you can do a drain and fill without having to worry about changing the filter.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I read on here you can get 3 quarts out the dipstick hole with a mini vac. I plan on doing this when it warms up. I should have 15K on it by then. I'll feel a little better changing 3 quarts every 15K then the major service at 60 or 75K.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
If you are wondering the dip stick from B&M will work. One of the other members on here has already installed one on his ranger. Also there are a few companies that have a transmission pan with a drain plug(PPE is one of them) where you can do a drain and fill without having to worry about changing the filter.
Can you LINK us that way

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Are you referring to these?
https://www.ppepower.com/shop/heavy-duty-cast-aluminum-transmission-pan-ford-10r80-trans.html (Generic 10R80 Pan)
https://www.ppepower.com/shop/heavy...ansmission-pan-2017-ford-f150-with-10r80.html (1.75 quart upgrade 10R80 Pan)

I haven't seen that many aftermarket corps making transmission covers. I really like Gale Banks Rear Differential cover, although I've seen videos of them rust like everything else out there (they don't make one for the ranger). Here's to hoping my Dynatrac.. er.. I mean "Ford High Performance" rear differential cover lasts a long time. :p

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are you referring to these?
https://www.ppepower.com/shop/heavy-duty-cast-aluminum-transmission-pan-ford-10r80-trans.html (Generic 10R80 Pan)
https://www.ppepower.com/shop/heavy...ansmission-pan-2017-ford-f150-with-10r80.html (1.75 quart upgrade 10R80 Pan)

I haven't seen that many aftermarket corps making transmission covers. I really like Gale Banks Rear Differential cover, although I've seen videos of them rust like everything else out there (they don't make one for the ranger). Here's to hoping my Dynatrac.. er.. I mean "Ford High Performance" rear differential cover lasts a long time. :p
So I haven't seen the first one but yes those are what I'm referring too. The nice thing is the 10R80 pans are identical across the board. It just comes down to space for fitment.

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
So I haven't seen the first one but yes those are what I'm referring too. The nice thing is the 10R80 pans are identical across the board. It just comes down to space for fitment.
Hey, I also found this awhile ago;
https://yourcovers.com/transpan_11164.php

I wonder if they'll offer a more competitive price on their version. (If it ever comes out!)

Reactions: Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I think changing transmission fluid/filter will the first profession service done on my truck...

Last edited: