New Product - Morimoto XB LED Replacement Headlights

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Not familiar with them, they reliable? Their price is almost half which is intriguing. Damn ford for not making led lights standard heh
Honestly, I am not sure. I’ve heard good things about the GTR line in general but that was related to their drop in bulbs. The price is great and I do like the way they look. Already on back order so I’ll probably wait to see some real customer reviews.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
They a give a good detail install process, good reference for grill removal.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
These are reflector lights NOT projectors like the Morimotos or the Alpharex. Just have none replaceable LED bulbs.
I saw that too… not sure they will be as good as projector housings which may explain the price.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have an issue with delayed turn-on from one side? I seem to have this with low and high beam, like it's processing or flipping a relay later. Removing power does not show it to be an issue with the truck.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Anyone have an issue with delayed turn-on from one side? I seem to have this with low and high beam, like it's processing or flipping a relay later. Removing power does not show it to be an issue with the truck.

No delay with mine. Both turns on at the same time.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No delay with mine. Both turns on at the same time.
That's good to hear. It's clearly in the control/relay system in the light itself as removing power is instant. I sent a message to Morimoto via FB and they read it and didn't respond, so I sent an email. I really hope this isn't a hassle as I've purchased many Morimoto products over the years.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
That's good to hear. It's clearly in the control/relay system in the light itself as removing power is instant. I sent a message to Morimoto via FB and they read it and didn't respond, so I sent an email. I really hope this isn't a hassle as I've purchased many Morimoto products over the years.

Hopefully they can send you another one. This is the 1st time I've heard of this problem.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Intrigued as I have my eyes on a set.

Waiting on that 3rd brake light to be in stock first. Much easier to replace.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully they can send you another one. This is the 1st time I've heard of this problem.
Morimoto is telling me it's normal. I replied stating I've already asked this question to other owners and it's apparently only normal for me. I hope I don't cross off another company on this situation.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
It’s probably a feature. Lighting both simultaneously is probably a high power draw to the system so a slight delay lighting one then the other reduces this type of draw more than you would think.

Onemig

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor

YamahaSHO,

I just received my XB headlights and did a test run first before installing the headlights. Mine does the same thing, driver side headlight has a slight delay when turning on the low beam and flashing the high beam. I am actually fine with this but decided not to install the lights and contacted Morimoto for a different issue.

When I reconnected the factory halogen headlights, I decided to look at it very closely. As it turns out, it also does the same delayed driver side light up. It is harder to notice though since the halogen filament has to “warm up”, masking the delay, were-as with the LEDs, the delay is pronounced because of the instant on nature of the light, making it obvious. Could it be that some Rangers come from the factory with this delay?

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I am actually fine with this but decided not to install the lights and contacted Morimoto for a different issue.
May I ask what issue are you having with them?
Sponsored