First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
HVAC
I installed a new set of morimoto headlights on my new 2023 Ranger over Christmas weekend. At first everything worked fine. The next morning, the drl wouldn't light on the driver's side when I unlocked or locked the vehicle. I later drove the vehicle and the turn signal was rapid flashing when using the driver's side. I called and had another set overnighted. Installed the complete new set wiring and all the next day. Same trouble. I have noticed that when I turn the headlights to just on instead of the auto function on the dash that everything works fine. Then you have to turn the headlights on and off everytime you get in the vehicle. Also don't get use if the daytime running lights that way. I'm in fuse block 19 like everything calls for. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
Just spit balling here...these are 2 different products..

But I purchased a set of AlphaRex Pro's and the instructions/directions regarding DRL wiring called to use fuse #24

(As mentioned at very bottom of link I provided)

https://alpharexusa.com/how-to-wire-the-drl-harness/

I didn't install my lights ...but since I've had them installed I have had no hyperflashing nor issues with DRL's

But definitely follow your products guides/manuals and given direction from the manufacturer

OP
OP

ryan_burchett

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
HVAC
I'll try that. Morimoto said to try different fuse locations but I don't understand how the passenger side is fine and the driver's side is having issue with both sets of lights I've tried. I'll repost after switching it.

OP
OP

ryan_burchett

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
HVAC
24 is there but would not except a fuse. There's the holes but nothing to grab the fuse and hold it in.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering if you could just pin the DRL lead into the Morimoto connector that plugs into the OEM connector. The pin is not populated for the DRL and the pin for the DRL looks similar... I may try to de-pin and pin it back into the main connector. This would make it easier as I was going to run the turn-on feel into the vehicle since the fuse box is designed to seal.
Sponsored