New Members Introduce Yourself!

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Hello from Detroit metro, I'm starting to look into purchasing a new Ranger and have enjoyed lurking on this forum so far. I've seen a lot of good information.
I'm leaning towards a Magnetic Lariat FX4 but torn between the black and sport appearance packages. I'm not sure if the sport package with the magnetic paint would be too much magnetic and on the other hand I'd rather have 17" wheels then the 18" that come with the black appearance package.
Welcome and there is no such thing as too much magnetic!! I have the sport package that makes the truck all magnetic and get nothing but thumbs up from everyone. While I was signing the paperwork at the dealership I had three different dealership employees come over and say "Oh that is yours? I think the all magnetic look is the best that Ford has put out!"
Sponsored

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Im guessing that given the option for a magnetic "sport package is magnetic trim and without sport its body colour, it makes no difference, lol.

Im not sure the black wold jive with the magnetic, but thats just me

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im guessing that given the option for a magnetic "sport package is magnetic trim and without sport its body colour, it makes no difference, lol.
There are different wheels and the grill is magnetic instead of black and silver. To some people that makes a huge difference in the appearance of the truck, even if the bumpers and lip moldings would already be body color.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
There are different wheels and the grill is magnetic instead of black and silver. To some people that makes a huge difference in the appearance of the truck, even if the bumpers and lip moldings would already be body color.
Aren't the wheels the same just painted completely magnetic? Or maybe it depends on what trim you get. I know (think) for the Lariat the wheels are the same it is just they are painted completely magnetic instead of just the "pockets". The grille is all magnetic on the sport package, though, I know that. Sometimes it is hard to understand all the differences in the packages.

I still wish they would have offered chrome bumpers as an option without the chrome package. The chrome package was too much chrome for me, but the chrome bumpers are much more durable than the painted ones.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aren't the wheels the same just painted completely magnetic? Or maybe it depends on what trim you get. I know (think) for the Lariat the wheels are the same it is just they are painted completely magnetic instead of just the "pockets".
Just pulled up the brochure and the 17" are definitely different. The 18" Lariat definitely look similar but I think are slightly different also. I chose mine as magnetic XLT with the sport package because I wanted it as grayed out as possible from the start.

First pic is XLT wheel options and second is Lariat.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Just pulled up the brochure and the 17" are definitely different. The 18" Lariat definitely look similar but I think are slightly different also. I chose mine as magnetic XLT with the sport package because I wanted it as grayed out as possible from the start.

First pic is XLT wheel options and second is Lariat.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG
Interesting. Yes, it would appear you are correct - there are some subtle differences. It always amazes me how the 18" wheels look very flat in pictures, even though they are not. Lots of options for sure.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just traded in my 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TuRD Off Road and couldn't be happier! I've always had F-150"s but when I sold my business and moved from the east coast to AZ I had no need for a full size truck. The only good options the time was the Tacoma and I was greatly disappointed in the truck so I was happy when the brought the Ranger back to NA. I was nervous about buying another first year truck but with all the positive reviews here and driving 2 different ones the past month I couldn't resist when my local dealer had the exact truck I wanted on their lot. I'm still amazed every time I get in this truck at how comfortable it is,the smooth engine power and tranny shifts along with how much more advanced it is compared to the Tacoma and even the Colorado. Not that they're bad trucks but Ford is light years ahead of them!

jarcub_XLT

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Technician (Ford)
Hello everyone! On Saturday, I traded in my '00 Ranger for the new '19 Ranger FX4! I had my old Ranger just shy of 3 years. It was my "first car" and it got me through college. I was ready for more cab space, 4WD, and all the fancy bells and whistles.

I'm planning on getting the Rough Country 2.5" level as my first mod. I also need to get seat covers and floor mats. Other than that, I'm glad to be part of the 5th gen family!

DA3D7466-21DB-40A6-A7F3-86BC05A78154.jpeg

376E46C5-D28E-4246-A6E4-A70EF3C3B877.jpeg

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Robert here from Shelton CT. Landed myself a blue xlt crew cab. had 12miles on it took me 3 miles to know I was gonna like it!! traded my Tacoma 2.7 access cab after driving both 19 crew cabs the ford won me over.

214Ranger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hello all,

I used to own a 1996 ranger which got me through college and several vehicles since.
This time around I almost bought a Tacoma but I went and drove the Ford and I’m happy I did. I recently took delivery of a 2019 Lariat with Fx4 and I’m really enjoying the truck.

Jason from Texas

88FA932F-165A-48D1-B220-D94FA66965DC.jpeg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hello everyone! On Saturday, I traded in my '00 Ranger for the new '19 Ranger FX4! I had my old Ranger just shy of 3 years. It was my "first car" and it got me through college. I was ready for more cab space, 4WD, and all the fancy bells and whistles.

I'm planning on getting the Rough Country 2.5" level as my first mod. I also need to get seat covers and floor mats. Other than that, I'm glad to be part of the 5th gen family!

DA3D7466-21DB-40A6-A7F3-86BC05A78154.jpeg

376E46C5-D28E-4246-A6E4-A70EF3C3B877.jpeg
Congrats! Beautiful truck!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger 4x4
Hey everyone! Just picked up my ranger Tuesday and really loving it coming from a Nissan Frontier.

Glad to be part of the community here and I’ve already learned a great deal about our trucks from just browsing around. Hope I can bring something to the table and give back.

She’s a beaut Clark!!

A29D7178-216C-4C2C-A12E-3A2DD38F0B82.jpeg
Sponsored