Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Hello,

I still miss my 87 Ford Ranger GT that I bought from Kemp Ford in El Paso so many years ago. After I put 188,000 miles on it, I sold it to my father for $500 because he wanted another small pickup after selling his 87 Mazda off road model. He drove it for another 5 years before selling it to a neighbor kid as a project truck. I think I paid, brand new, $8700 for it

That poor truck went through hell, haha. Its been driven from the West coast to the East coast, got sandblasted by storms in Texas, got t-boned by a kid in a restored 67 Camaro out for a test drive, crashed into a guard rail in a snow storm, had a 350 small block roll around in the bed and punch a hole in it, replaced the shifter because it was broken by a parking lot attendant at the beach, had two holes shot through the side of the bed by my father's friend who was using the back of the truck as a rifle rest to shoot a deer in the yard one hunting season. Its hauled several deer out of the woods to the tagging station. Lots of fond memories in that truck.

Anywho, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2019, Lariat with BO Pkg, off road package and tow package in hot chili pepper red. The $46617 out the door price was a bit more than I wanted to pay. It was my child support payment all over again. I decided to wait until the price meets my income a bit better. I have some other debts that will be gone at the end of the year that should free up some spending cash again.

In the meantime, I will live vicariously through the rest of you.

looking forward to my own build thread.
Sponsored

Teeone

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford (Escape, Focus & Edge), BMW (M3) & Indian (Springfield)
Just joined the group. I don’t have a Ranger yet, but expect to have one by year-end. They are the right size for my needs. Full size trucks are simply too big for my daily needs in the city/suburb environment. I will likely get a Lariat supercrew 4wd without off-road package. Need to determine what color, then order and wait.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
51C32E86-69E2-4659-92A1-BC6BCE92D6B0.jpeg
Hello all, great forum! Took delivery of my Ranger Lariat 4X2 crew cab in May. Coming from a 2000 Ranger 4dr 4.0L. Wow what a nice change in power!! Loving this truck, tows my 24’ Checkmate like its not even there!!

Last edited:

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
New to the forum. Picked up my new ranger 6/17. The one that I saw on the dealer website was in there " extended inventory" which we worked out a deal on if I was satisfied when they got it to their location. They did not secure the truck before we made the deal. It wound up not being available. Found one that was a special order that I assume someone decided they did not want.
My dealer had to go pick it up, so mine had 216 miles when I got it. What I got is an XL with the STX, FX, tow package running boards carpet with floor matts option & the keyless door pad. Keyless was not on the other truck, but I still got my deal. Just about the way I would have ordered it. So far well pleased.
Until Dec 2014 had a 92 F250 extended cab 8ft box 4x4 with a 460 automatic. Missed that old thing. don't miss the 10 mpg.
Larry

DSCN7801.JPG

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
New to the forum. Picked up my new ranger 6/17. The one that I saw on the dealer website was in there " extended inventory" which we worked out a deal on if I was satisfied when they got it to their location. They did not secure the truck before we made the deal. It wound up not being available. Found one that was a special order that I assume someone decided they did not want.
My dealer had to go pick it up, so mine had 216 miles when I got it. What I got is an XL with the STX, FX, tow package running boards carpet with floor matts option & the keyless door pad. Keyless was not on the other truck, but I still got my deal. Just about the way I would have ordered it. So far well pleased.
Until Dec 2014 had a 92 F250 extended cab 8ft box 4x4 with a 460 automatic. Missed that old thing. don't miss the 10 mpg.
Larry

DSCN7801.JPG
Nice looking truck, welcome!

gregg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
New Member: Greg
Bought mine this week and really liking it so far. I came from a 2019 GMC Canyon. I had wrecked it a few months ago and wanted to get out from under it while I still had some value in it.
Lariat
chrome
Factory Spray in bedliner
door keypad ugh
4x4 option
tech

truck.jpg

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
New Member: Greg
Bought mine this week and really liking it so far. I came from a 2019 GMC Canyon. I had wrecked it a few months ago and wanted to get out from under it while I still had some value in it.
Lariat
chrome
Factory Spray in bedliner
door keypad ugh
4x4 option
tech

truck.jpg
If you do not like the key pad there is a thread about removing it and moving it.. It is stuck on with tape

Edit - try this link https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/ranger-keypad.1778/

Last edited:

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Hey Guys,
New member here out of Orlando Florida. Just bought a Ranger XLT 4x4 sport with the 302A package last week. Still feeling it out. Used to have a 1996 ranger and this new one feels like a full size truck. So far I am happy with it. Bought the extended warranty through 60 months so I will at least have it that long. Now the fun part in accessorizing it. Lots of great info here.

Thanks!
Cory

gregg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

kranger

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2017 Mustang GT PP
Hey all, just joined the ranger club about a week ago. Replaced a 2011 WRX. Already hauled a bed full from the hardware store. This forum has been great for info, advice and now for planning some mods!
20190715_201721-01.jpeg
IMG-20190709-WA0005.jpg

ChaEJF

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Army Chaplain
Greetings Everyone! No new Ranger Pic to post; I have about a year to wait. I am currently stationed in Hawaii and I plan to make my purchase when I return to the mainland next year. I will sell my Volvo before I leave the island, which I love (the Volvo and sometimes the island), but it is getting old and expensive. I appreciate everyone's experience and I will live vicariously through you all for the next year and learn from your new experiences with the Ranger. This will be my first truck in 10 years, and I cannot wait!

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, just joined the ranger club about a week ago. Replaced a 2011 WRX. Already hauled a bed full from the hardware store. This forum has been great for info, advice and now for planning some mods!
20190715_201721-01.jpeg
IMG-20190709-WA0005.jpg
I too replaced my subaru with a new ranger!

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

Last weekend I got rid of my subaru for an 2019 Magnetic XL, Crew Cab, 4x4, Tow Package. I love this truck and am totally stoked they brought it back. I was looking at toyota and chevy before this came out. I have 380 miles on the truck and will be moding when possible. Looking at a spray in bedliner and tinting the windows to start. Ill post pics as well. Cheers
Sponsored