Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, my name's Rick and I'm in Ohio. I just bought a Ranger and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a former Tacoma driver that wanted something simpler and cheaper. I have fond memories of an old 91 Ranger I used to have so I came back to Ford.
Ron from Florida. I'm coming out of a 16 year old Dodge Dakota Quad cab, which I loved. Frankly, if Dodge was still making a mid-sized truck, I would have probably gone for that, but after checking out the 4 major players in the down-sized truck market, Ford, Chevy, Toyota and Nissan, it was a no-brainer to have picked the Ford. I was sold on the Tech package alone. Ended up having to order one, so I went with a White Crew Cab XLT, FX4, Sport, Tech, Liner, and Tow. I ordered it on July 30. Does anyone now how long I can expect to wait on this to be built? Dealer says 6-8 weeks, but I am reading that people have been waiting a lot longer. To those that have theirs, was it worth the wait?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Ron from Florida. I'm coming out of a 16 year old Dodge Dakota Quad cab, which I loved. Frankly, if Dodge was still making a mid-sized truck, I would have probably gone for that, but after checking out the 4 major players in the down-sized truck market, Ford, Chevy, Toyota and Nissan, it was a no-brainer to have picked the Ford. I was sold on the Tech package alone. Ended up having to order one, so I went with a White Crew Cab XLT, FX4, Sport, Tech, Liner, and Tow. I ordered it on July 30. Does anyone now how long I can expect to wait on this to be built? Dealer says 6-8 weeks, but I am reading that people have been waiting a lot longer. To those that have theirs, was it worth the wait?
Most waited about 2.5 to 3 month's. Some a little more, some a little less. A few had issues and waited a lot longer, however those issues seem to be straightened out. It is so worth the wait. It's is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Best of luck. Lot's of good info here.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!

Check out this thread to get some idea of how long the wait is: Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Most waited about 2.5 to 3 month's. Some a little more, some a little less. A few had issues and waited a lot longer, however those issues seem to be straightened out. It is so worth the wait. It's is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. Best of luck. Lot's of good info here.
Ditto here. I waited just under 4 months for mine (ordered in December), and the waiting was hard, but this is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. It is absolutely worth the wait.

j_slate

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge... until I can get a Ranger when I graduate
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Jake from Utah. I’ve known I want a Ranger for the past year but won’t be able to get one until I graduate this spring. I plan to rig it for my weekend warrior needs that include mountain biking, cycling, skiing, canyoneering, rock climbing, kayaking or paddle boarding (in the foreseeable future), and just good ol’ hiking. Here’s my probable future build:

XLT Crew Cab with Off-Road Package and 301A equipment
BedRug full liner
Retractable cover through Ford or American Roll Cover
Shrockworks Rock Sliders
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Tailgate shock absorber
DuraFlap mud flaps
Husky Liners WeatherBeater Floor Liners
Yakima Outpost with HD bars and sidebars
Rotopax mount with gas can
Thule Step Up Wheel Step
2 or 3 Yakima Frontloader
1 or 2 Yakima Fatcat EVO 4
Yakima Longarm with pads

Depending on the garage clearance of the the office my work might move to I might also get a Raceface Tailgate Pad and Kryptonite Stronghold bolted to the side of bed (close to tailgate pad) so I don’t have to unload my bike before I pull into the garage after a morning ride.

I’ve thought about getting a small lift but I am leaning against it for the following reasons:
With frame mounted rock sliders a lift won’t give me additional clearance (I think?)
Good gas mileage on the ranger is the whole reason I could justify getting a truck and putting bigger tires on will noticeably drop that mileage, and a lift without bigger tires looks silly (or so I imagine, I haven’t actually seen any).

Anyways... looking forward to when I get my Ranger and sharing it

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
There are definitely some beautiful rides on here! Don't believe we've ever officially done the new member introduction on this board yet but have been an active member on many other Ford truck and Ecoboost boards for years.

My name is Anthony and I work at Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn Heights Michigan. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself to the crew here. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you guys with. For all you local MI members we will be out on Woodward Ave. for the Dreamcruise this coming Saturday all day with our portable chassis dyno as well. So if anyone wants to come get your horsepower checkup or just to say Hi swing on by!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.....Proud new owner of a XLT SCREW Sport in Magnetic. I cam from a 16 F-150 SCREW that while nice and had a good ride, was just too freaking big. Always been in smaller trucks until the F-150 and now I feel like I'm back at home.
truck.jpg
Hi Jeremy,

You mirror many truck owners that cried out when Ford dropped the original Ranger as Ford Brass thought the buyers would gravitate to the F150 and buyers rebelled and bought rice burners. Very stupid decision. Our PN 273 would have been top drawer if we had not had the program cancelled by our CEO at the time...Jacques (the Terrible) Nassar.

I kept my 2007 Ranger in hopes Ford would bring back the Ranger and they did.. Yea!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Wow, uhh, how did i miss this thread until now?

Well hello all, i'm Tim. I bought my Ranger on July 29th. It's the first vehicle i've ever owned having come from a family where I always paid for a Ford Incremental lease through my parents. The past four-ish years i've been driving Ford Fusion hybrids. After graduating I decided to buy a vehicle for myself and the biggest deciding factor on the Ranger was that last winter I got stuck in the snow 12 times, and had to shovel my car out in 4 of those situations (Literally crawl under the car and shovel all the snow out so it's not sitting on snow).

gKL90i9.png

I also look forward to going to airsoft games and not getting stuck in the parking lot
ZpdqS09.jpg

I have to say going from a 108 hp electric drive vehicle with a CVT to a 270 hp turbocharged vehicle with a 10 speed automatic has been pretty different. I'm still trying to get un-used to the dial shifter the fusions all had.

I work at an auto supplier who makes outside mirrors (And actually makes the mirrors for the Ranger). I've had to duck my head a few times as i hear the other engineers asking "Hey, who owns the orange ranger outside? We're trying to put some prototype mirrors on a vehicle for testing." :whew: (We'll see how long my A-pillar trim lasts)

Here's to a winter of not getting stuck in the snow! :beer:

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Here's to a winter of not getting stuck in the snow! :beer:
I am came from a Fusion as well and last winter was brutal at times. I keep looking for a Saber Ranger around town. Haven't spotted it yet.
:thumbsup:

Reactions: Doc

royalpond

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 supercrew back pack, 1965 F100, 2011 Taurus SHO, 1990 Mustang GT
Hello - Ralph from Phoenix, AZ. Bought my Magnetic black pack XLT 4x2 supercrew on 8/4 and loving it.

Longtime Ford family here have had many Mustangs, Broncos, F150s over the years, all V8s or 3.5 Ecoboost - this will be my first entry into the Ecoboost 4 cylinder world. Always a small truck fan and excited Ford has a new offering again in the US. Also currently have a 65 F100, 2011 Taurus SHO and 90 fox Mustang GT.

Looking forward to modding the ranger slightly, would like to lower the rear for leveling out (looks like we're patiently awaiting products to do so..) a bit more power with intake and exhaust mods perhaps - nothing too crazy - still going to put it to use towing the race car (fox mustang).

Thanks

View attachment 16705

IMG_20190804_193141905.jpg

IMG_20190804_193009796_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

royalpond

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 supercrew back pack, 1965 F100, 2011 Taurus SHO, 1990 Mustang GT

jeffb1076

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Sabaru Crosstrek, 1977 International Scout SSii, 1974 International Travelall, 1972 Chevelle
Hello! I brought home this Lariat last Friday off the showroom floor. Yesterday I installed a 3” Readylift kit, 285/70r17 Falken Wildpeak A/T’s on Method 701 wheels, and swapped out the grill. More to come....

45D6B157-327E-4DD6-A616-EEBAFFD7F888.jpeg

530BBB15-8EC8-449C-8692-DBB6379A2017.jpeg

Drucial

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hey all,

Bought my 19 Ranger XLT 2x4 two weeks ago after owning nothing but cars that go fast and sit on the ground and I could not be happier. I intend to keep this one for a long time so I don't want to molest it too much, however I didn't have the opportunity to get a few things that I wanted like the LED headlight, auto passenger window, swing out box and the rubber floormats. I am also looking at getting a leveling kit for the front, slightly more aggressive tires (thinking wildtpeaks or KO2s). For any of you bike riders out there I also found the Dakine Dlx pad works fine with the rear view camera. Any thoughts on retro fitting the integrated garage door opener as well?

A few pics of the new truck heading up for some Downhill riding at Beech Mountain, NC and my old Mercedes:

Photo Aug 10, 3 34 27 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 10, 3 34 41 PM (1).jpg

Photo Aug 16, 6 52 00 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 15, 6 54 08 AM.jpg

Photo Jul 15, 9 56 39 AM.jpg

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
Got my new Magnet Lariat Supercrew a couple of weeks ago and love it. I mean, love it! So happy to have found this site and share my excitement with other Ranger geeks... I mean lovers . Already changed a lot to make my vision come true. Leveled the front, added the Raptor type grill with three amber lights, black vinyl letters on the tailgate, Method 17” Wheels, 285 R70 / 17 tires, fender flares, and BAKFlip tonneau cover. Just waiting for the running board steps and I’m good to go. Also, getting the one touch window modular so all windows are automatic. And, lastly have ordered a Hypertech speedometer calibrator to give me correct mileage and speedometer speed to compensate for the larger tires.

EF4730A6-8726-489C-A804-2EBBEE171DA7.jpeg

D569740A-080F-4E8F-8C07-B7AEECEE0F00.jpeg

4DC5C8D2-5D64-4431-825B-CB8E9A097735.jpeg

78B27DBD-1166-45F8-BB04-CCD48820F543.jpeg

B2F66811-0204-4593-88F7-898D2188D2C8.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: