New licence fees for GMRS and HAM radios!!!!!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed the GMRS fee was now 35, but as of today I was charged $70 on the application.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I assumed the GMRS fee was now 35, but as of today I was charged $70 on the application.
To my understanding it is supposed to be 35. Why it hasn't changed yet inhave no idea

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
There are presently only three classes of amateur radio license. The Novice and Advanced are no more.
I know. ;). N4CTK

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
To my understanding it is supposed to be 35. Why it hasn't changed yet inhave no idea
There’s a lot of misinformation on this, but ultimately the FCC has only approved that they’ll lower the fee. They haven’t said when they’ll do it yet though.

…well, I take that back. The FCC won’t start collecting the new fee “until the requisite notice has been provided to Congress, the FCC’s information technology systems and internal procedures have been updated, and the Commission publishes notice(s) in the Federal Register announcing the effective date of such rules.”

Knowing the speed at which government works, I paid my $70 thinking it’s not a significant expense either way. It averages to only $7 per year, which is just $3.50 a year more than the new rate. That’s less than a gallon of gas. Besides, what would I have done with that extra $35 anyways? Buy a tailgate damper? Lol.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There’s a lot of misinformation on this, but ultimately the FCC has only approved that they’ll lower the fee. They haven’t said when they’ll do it yet though.

…well, I take that back. The FCC won’t start collecting the new fee “until the requisite notice has been provided to Congress, the FCC’s information technology systems and internal procedures have been updated, and the Commission publishes notice(s) in the Federal Register announcing the effective date of such rules.”

Knowing the speed at which government works, I paid my $70 thinking it’s not a significant expense either way. It averages to only $7 per year, which is just $3.50 a year more than the new rate. That’s less than a gallon of gas. Besides, what would I have done with that extra $35 anyways? Buy a tailgate damper? Lol.
Makes sense in all honesty

And come on man!! Just ask @AzScorpion on how it helps him get all the Chicks!!!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Makes sense in all honesty

And come on man!! Just ask @AzScorpion on how it helps him get all the Chicks!!!!
I had to get rid on my Lightning Blue Raptor because they were all over me. Now I go incognito with the Saber Ranger. ?

Ford:Beautiful Girls.jpg

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had to get rid on my Lightning Blue Raptor because they were all over me. Now I go incognito with the Saber Ranger. ?

Ford:Beautiful Girls.jpg
And I last year was really hoping you were going to have like baby chicks instead of this but this does work

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Does the GMRS still cover all operators that live in the same household?

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
My chick already bought me one for Father’s Day. Now I’m just waiting on the truck to get out of the shop before I can install it.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

Yeah but....
They already started charging $35 for the Ham licenses. Didn't they?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Tech - Gen - Extra = All Amateur Radio
GMRS = the fourth one I'm guessing.
GMRS is not in a HAM band, the Ham levels used to be Novice, tech, general, Admanced & extra, with Admanced and Novice now gone, and you can't use your HAM call sign on GMRS or visa versa. Some GMRS channels overlap the FRS band, where call signs are not required. Even on GMRS you only need to use your call sign once or twice during a convo, beginning and end is normal. You can no longer get a business GMRS ticket, individuals only. And please, if you transmit on HAM bands, 2m, 10m, 70cm and such, please use your call sign, if not you will be called out, seen it a lot.

N5CRK
DA1YM (Germany)
Sponsored