First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Guess we are in the same boat almost, I wasn't aware Canadian gas was so expensive. Has it always been relatively expensive compared to the US or recent laws pushed it up a bit?
It's always been that way. We use to snowmobile up there back in the early 2000's and it was really high back then compared to here in the states. Gotta pay for that "free" health care somehow. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Give them some slack Jack it's a disease and there's no cure! SOB's are coming here in droves and then they get on nextdoor.com and first brag about how cheap it is to buy a house then in the next breath say how they're going to flip AZ blue. :facepalm: You wonder how some can be so stupid!:headbang:
Now this probably is not verbatim, but someone once said something to me to the effect of:

"If you run into an asshole on occasion, they probably are an asshole. If you run into assholes everywhere you go, chances are you are the asshole."

It may take a generation or two, but the millennials moving out of CA will grow old and become the new boomers and wake up 80 years old one day in whatever state they moved to and wonder how they got into the same situation.

Current boomers don't get a pass either, they started the snow-ball of a shitshow and just passed the torch.

I was born in 1981 so I'm neither a boomer or a millenial. Neener Neener! I get the label Gen X and no one ever blames Gen X for anything haha

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Now this probably is not verbatim, but someone once said something to me to the effect of:

"If you run into an asshole on occasion, they probably are an asshole. If you run into assholes everywhere you go, chances are you are the asshole."

It may take a generation or two, but the millennials moving out of CA will grow old and become the new boomers and wake up 80 years old one day in whatever state they moved to and wonder how they got into the same situation.

Current boomers don't get a pass either, they started the snow-ball of a shitshow and just passed the torch.

I was born in 1981 so I'm neither a boomer or a millenial. Neener Neener! I get the label Gen X and no one ever blames Gen X for anything haha
Hey wait a minute :stop:....I'm a Boomer!:bandit:

Boomers.png

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I'm not speaking in absolutes, there are always those who break the mold.

But shit did not get where it was from individual acts, it took an entire society to move us through the years through each layer of the poop cake.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Gas tax is mildly interesting, but you need to look at the total tax environment for each locale. New Hampshire has no sales tax or individual income tax. We make up for it in other ways, mainly property taxes (including motor vehicles) and corporate income tax. So, if you buy a more fuel-efficient car/truck/suv, you can reduce your fuel tax bill. Very few towns have a lower property tax rate than ours, but our annual property tax bill is much higher than the combined fuel bill for all three of our cars.
I like Texas, but I’m getting home sick. The north east will always be home and I’ll always be a Yankee. Half of my family comes from Maine dating back to the 1600’s.

Does New Hampshire have cheap acreage if you aren’t afraid of driving an hour to work?

My ex and I were in New Hampshire a couple of years ago camping in the mountains and I loved it. Vermont is beautiful too. But politically all three states scare me and they could vote rights away pretty fast.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to come into this thread bashing the people who voted for this since yes it's freaking 5$ a gallon, but I wanted to see where our tax money was going.. I did some digging, found the stats. As much as I hate the gas prices, maybe there is some good benefit to it besides just the emissions this time.
1e9e561d085c2687ad343254bf5e16ad.png
Only problem is it took twenty years to get this bill done and in the meantime they had gutted the funding for all the "things" that would have normally been annual maintenance items, making them deferred maintenance which let it all crumble...and an "easy" way to say "look how good we are doing". Probably a better compare would have been a 20 year graph line ...:crackup: but almost nobody here wants to see/hear real info.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I hate it here. I can't even call it Commiefornia without getting scolded by my neighbors. The EV crowd votes for these higher taxes because it doesn't hurt them. Wait till they start taxing them too for batteries, overage charges for draining the grid, special parking passes, and whatever else they can come up with to steal your money.

I'm in the Taxation is theft crowd. A real rebel for these here parts. They like my kind round' here. Looks like I'll be riding my motorbike more than the Ranger.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
It's always been that way. We use to snowmobile up there back in the early 2000's and it was really high back then compared to here in the states. Gotta pay for that "free" health care somehow. :rolleyes:
Yup, always been that way, were like between the US & Europe for the price of gas.
BTW, gas tax does not pay for health care, at least, I don't think so. If I'm not
mistaken health care get $ from our income tax, which is high.
I have no issues with 'free' health care, it's not, I pay for it it every second week, it saved my life.
The way I see it, it's all the same anywhere you go. You pay more here, but less
there. Again, if I'm not mistaken, some states have very low income tax but the
municipal tax is through the roof.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I hate it here. I can't even call it Commiefornia without getting scolded by my neighbors. The EV crowd votes for these higher taxes because it doesn't hurt them. Wait till they start taxing them too for batteries, overage charges for draining the grid, special parking passes, and whatever else they can come up with to steal your money.

I'm in the Taxation is theft crowd. A real rebel for these here parts. They like my kind round' here. Looks like I'll be riding my motorbike more than the Ranger.
I can promise you two things in life...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I like Texas, but I’m getting home sick. The north east will always be home and I’ll always be a Yankee. Half of my family comes from Maine dating back to the 1600’s.

Does New Hampshire have cheap acreage if you aren’t afraid of driving an hour to work?

My ex and I were in New Hampshire a couple of years ago camping in the mountains and I loved it. Vermont is beautiful too. But politically all three states scare me and they could vote rights away pretty fast.
The only thing I miss about the N'east is the food, specifically Italian and seafood. We still haven't found one decent place that serves either out here. Other than that I have zero desire to ever return and still haven't gone back since moving 6 years ago. Plus I cant do super cold areas now after living out here.

I laughed when one of my customers said "you want good Italian go to Olive Garden". :puke: You're talking to someone who's grandparents are Italian and owned their own restaurant back in the day.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yup, always been that way, were like between the US & Europe for the price of gas.
BTW, gas tax does not pay for health care, at least, I don't think so. If I'm not
mistaken health care get $ from our income tax, which is high.
I have no issues with 'free' health care, it's not, I pay for it it every second week, it saved my life.
The way I see it, it's all the same anywhere you go. You pay more here, but less
there. Again, if I'm not mistaken, some states have very low income tax but the
municipal tax is through the roof.
I'm sure you're right. I was just making a joke because everyone seems to always think that healthcare is "free". Nothing is ever free.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I'm sure you're right. I was just making a joke because everyone seems to always think that healthcare is "free". Nothing is ever free.
?

& yes, food is good in the NE. All those big name restaurants(chains) are garbage.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Only problem is it took twenty years to get this bill done and in the meantime they had gutted the funding for all the "things" that would have normally been annual maintenance items, making them deferred maintenance which let it all crumble...and an "easy" way to say "look how good we are doing". Probably a better compare would have been a 20 year graph line ...:crackup: but almost nobody here wants to see/hear real info.
Agreed it took too long for it and we resultingly had terribly crumbled under maintained roads. But they were previously poorly maintained before hand due to the large state we have and the number of people using the roads. Is there an instant solution to our 100+ billion dollar infrastructure problem caused by years of neglect and population usage? No. But is SB1 positively affecting road maintenance, yes. But I am plenty happy to see that directly after SB1 the roads started being maintained at a higher rate, still needs ton of progress and $$$.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.