Went To The Dealership Today.... LOCKDOWN!

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.12degnorth.com
Vehicle(s)
93 Ford Ranger, 2013 Nissan Xterra, 1991 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Vehicle & adventure upfitting
Went to the dealership for a warranty recall and while checking out the new Raptors, I saw this sticker. They added $10,000 to the price of a Raptor, calling it a "Market Adjustment". Is this normal? Are people really paying more than MSRP on these things? I wonder if this is a harbinger of what we may see if the Ranger Raptor ever comes out?
When the Raptor first came out, the dealers were told depending on there truck sales of 3,000 dealers [Ford & Lincoln], most dealers would be lucky to see 2, maybe 3 raptors allocated to their lots in a year. They were putting $10k-25k addendum's on these vehicles because of the demand.

Those willing to have their wallets dented the hardest and or most in order to have usually just "bragging rights" got what they wanted, and the dealers profited from it.. It creates a sense of urgency for the emotional buyers, Automotive sales is literally a psychological-contact sport on the sales floor. You can either dominate it, tread water really well, or wash out... It's not for everyone.

Demand is a funny human behavior..

And unless I haven't been paying attention, I last read that not only did Thailand get the Raptor Ranger first, we weren't slated to get it at all on our shores. Has this changed and where did you find the source for that information at?
Sponsored

Simplemann14

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger stx
Occupation
Retired
My local Delaware Ford dealer (where I bought my Ranger) is still open for service and sales, but they do the transactions by phone, text, or internet, and then pick up and/or deliver the vehicle to your home. Since I hardly drive anywhere anymore, not much need for service of any kind.

For anybody who was on the fence about buying a Ranger, this is a great time to buy! They are offering essentially the same 2019 Ranger Lariat Super-crew FX4 that I purchased in August for about $7,000 less!
Make sure you have them change out the DI pump before you buy.!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Make sure you have them change out the DI pump before you buy.!
I too have an STX, and I can hear the DI pump if I open the hood, It is after all, a mechanical high pressure pump.
I don't hear it when the hood is closed and I am inside the truck.
I don't mind "normal" sounds anyway... In fact I get all concerned if I don't hear them!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I too have an STX, and I can hear the DI pump if I open the hood, It is after all, a mechanical high pressure pump.
I don't hear it when the hood is closed and I am inside the truck.
I don't mind "normal" sounds anyway... In fact I get all concerned if I don't hear them!
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the DI pump.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Had my 30K maintenance today (not at the dealership), and my mechanic could not find an engine air filter for my truck. He checked 8 dealers in the Houston area (huge area) as well as local parts stores ...nothing!

Watch this and be enlightened about shortages...

We're in for more.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Stealerships around here are all open for business. South Mississippi/South Louisiana. Don't even think they are following the 6' rule anymore lol.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Had my 30K maintenance today (not at the dealership), and my mechanic could not find an engine air filter for my truck. He checked 8 dealers in the Houston area (huge area) as well as local parts stores ...nothing!

We're in for more.
Excellent video. In fact I’m bringing this exact thing up at our management seminar. I said it before on here. Ford cancelled orders because of projected slowdowns. To to save a few million they are now losing billions

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

We're in for more.
Wow, talk about a snowball effect!

Stealerships around here are all open for business. South Mississippi/South Louisiana. Don't even think they are following the 6' rule anymore lol.
No one's been doing that here since last summer. I don't think most knew what 6' was. lol

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

We're in for more.
Great video up until the ten minute mark where it became a Toyota praise and worship session. :giggle:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Great video up until the ten minute mark where it became a Toyota praise and worship session. :giggle:
The concept of continuous improvement came from them. The 5S system is a modern example. They wrote the book, credit given to credit due.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went in for an oil change at my dealer Tuesday. I've never seen a dealer lot so empty, and not a single vehicle in the showroom. Blamed on the chip shortage.
Sponsored