Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ughhhhh

So much technology nowdays. I used to think that Park Distance Control was overkill LOL
All the technology in the world can't overcome someone who is determined to be stupid.

Probably related to this lady trying to fill her Tesla with Premium.

b575c315-tesla-model-s-gas-station-.jpg

Just because someone can afford a nice car doesn't mean that they're any smarter than your average door stop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Just me being me... but it pisses me off even more that it was a freaking Tesla. I'd be livid that anyone hit my truck. But if that someone is driving a low quality ride with a Duracell strapped to the back and a freak named Elon thinks it's a wonderful vehicle..... my anger just went from 0 to meltdown mode in a millionth of a second.
Elon Musk is the best thing to happen to this country since Reagan. You may not like his cars, but his company has pushed technology so far forward in the automobile industry, as well as others, that its importance (and his) can't be understated.

Your free speech depends on him... literally.

OP
OP
Stewthebassman

Stewthebassman

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT F4 Tow package
Occupation
Investment Advisor
Back when I was really into cars, the BMW 7 series was the most expensive and luxurious sedan in the BMW lineup.

It was also imbued with such incredible technology known as iDrive.....only CEOs could afford a 7 series but do you think the CEOs had time to learn all the intracacies of said system? Heck no!

Fast forward to a 2023 Tesla with a distracted Mom hurrying to get home or whatever and

BAM

All the technology in the world can't overcome someone who is determined to be stupid.

Probably related to this lady trying to fill her Tesla with Premium.

b575c315-tesla-model-s-gas-station-.jpg

Just because someone can afford a nice car doesn't mean that they're any smarter than your average door stop.

OP
OP
Stewthebassman

Stewthebassman

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investment Advisor

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
If it were me, I would get a check and buy that kickass flat bed @TopoRanger has. Although iirc it was custom.
It was a super simple build. It only took me 3 days to build it. I’m about to start working on designing drop sides and hinges for it now. Might try to French some wood slat sides too just for shits and giggles haha.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
My wife and daughter were parked at the Sports plex waiting for me to arrive this afternoon.

This lady backs out, clueless and slams right into my Ranger! Didn't even slow down after she hit.

Them electric cars sure have some smashing power!

I have an appointment with a body shop tomorrow at 8 (insurance company recommended).

What do you guys think this will run?

IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
1709829322276.png

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
He's a genius to be sure.

And while he is pushing technology forward his customers are backing into my humble little XLT 😭😭
I can't believe the car had much to do with the crash with all that thing's cameras and sensors it has.

I guess when you told her to go make you a sandwich, it really pissed her off, huh? HAHAHA!

OP
OP
Stewthebassman

Stewthebassman

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investment Advisor
Ah ok, that's why I am not in the Body Shop business lol

It'll come to 7 grand give or take, paint match and all.

Remember, those are Canadian Pesos....

1709828904319.png

We can still get all the panels , which is all insurance would ever pay for anyway, one side or the other , if you need the whole box , it's totaled anyway most likely...

OP
OP
Stewthebassman

Stewthebassman

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investment Advisor
I never met the lady, she smashed into Truckie with my wife and daughter in the car!

I can't believe the car had much to do with the crash with all that thing's cameras and sensors it has.

I guess when you told her to go make you a sandwich, it really pissed her off, huh? HAHAHA!

OP
OP
Stewthebassman

Stewthebassman

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investment Advisor
No clue at this point....it's the 5 ft bed. And as has been pointed out to me by other members and the body shop guys themselves, they're just going to buff it up lol

"A Little Carnuba Wax" will do it!

It says supercab, yours is a crew cab, same part #? This stuff is always ridiculous