Went To The Dealership Today.... LOCKDOWN!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Went to the dealership for a warranty recall and while checking out the new Raptors, I saw this sticker. They added $10,000 to the price of a Raptor, calling it a "Market Adjustment". Is this normal? Are people really paying more than MSRP on these things? I wonder if this is a harbinger of what we may see if the Ranger Raptor ever comes out?
IMG_2803.JPG
I wouldn't pay it, then again I'm not in the market for a Raptor either.... I guess you can always go down, but not up in negotiating. Maybe that's their thinking!?...
Maybe they think they have something special, a ford corporate search should show how many are available on the street while the plant is shut down.
I heard that by the end of this week it is expected that the applied for unemployment benefits number will be 20 million total.
Sponsored

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the dealership for a warranty recall and while checking out the new Raptors, I saw this sticker. They added $10,000 to the price of a Raptor, calling it a "Market Adjustment". Is this normal? Are people really paying more than MSRP on these things? I wonder if this is a harbinger of what we may see if the Ranger Raptor ever comes out?
IMG_2803.JPG
HA HA ! dont worry these dealerships are bout to get a market adjustment, that truck will be down to 50K in a few months, half the country isnt sure they have a job to return to, I hope they have to eat that truck.

atowildcat

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Perhaps its a perverted logic that since the manufacturing plants are shut down, the Raptor is 'rare' in your area!

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
From West Branch north, none are open along the I-75 corridor.
That sucks. I'd say make your way down towards Lapeer but that's a heck of a hike for service and tire rotation.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
IMG_2803.JPG
They forgot the minus in front of that. :D

huckleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Screw FX4
last week when i test drove mine they made copy of license and simply tossed me keys. he referred to the 6 foot rule...

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_2803.JPG
I believe you'll see that on most all Raptors everywhere. It's a "Market Adjustment" because the Market is demanding it. Raptors sale, I took my 2010 Raptor in to trade it on a new one and could not believe they would hardly budge on the price, Raptors here also had the "Market Adjustment" added to the MSRP. I wasn't about to trade my 2010 in on a new one that cost twice as much as I paid for my 2010. I ended up trading in my Raptor for a Ranger and saved literally tens of thousands. I couldn't be happier with the Ranger and some how after a few tasteful mods, it looks a lot like a mini-Raptor. :like:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership I bought my Ranger from is open for appointment sales...only for "essential workers" as defined by our governor's 'stay home' order. Service is open, but they've moved the drop-off/pick-up from inside the building to an outside location and you have to call 5 minutes before you pick up to allow them time to bring your "freshly disinfected" vehicle to you. Weird times.

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I went to my local Ford dealer yesterday to get a new baterry put in my Ford Escape. They were definitely slow but they were open for business. Didn't really talk to anyone about they have been doing.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
That is normal most would pay 5-8k above sticker some 10k over.
When I sold cars 5 years ago for 6 years I had 2k mark ups on fusions 3-4 on trucks and suvs. But yea that was 5 years ago.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
My sister works in a Ford / Hyundai dealership in PA. She is the receptionist for the dealership.

She told me that in PA, the dealers are not supposed to be selling cars. If you attempt to walk-in off the street, she said people are being turned away. Service and parts is open to keep the cars and trucks of the critical people on the road. She did add that they did sell a few cars to people with good stories on why they needed to pick one up now.

I suspect that if you have the funding and really want one and can do it over the phone, you can find someone to sell it to you.

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I'm a retired member of the union that represents thousands of mechanics in the Chicago area, one of whom recently was servicing a car brought into his dealership. Only after working on it did he come to find out that the customer had dropped off the car after taking a relative who was sick (later diagnosed with COVID19) to the hospital. The fate of the customer, his sick relative and the mechanic are currently unknown.

When we start acting like grownups our government officials won't have to treat us like children.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I'm a retired member of the union that represents thousands of mechanics in the Chicago area, one of whom recently was servicing a car brought into his dealership. Only after working on it did he come to find out that the customer had dropped off the car after taking a relative who was sick (later diagnosed with COVID19) to the hospital. The fate of the customer, his sick relative and the mechanic are currently unknown.

When we start acting like grownups our government officials won't have to treat us like children.
I would assume that any mechanic, or customer, dropping off a car, or picking one up, would at least sanitize the most likely touched areas. car keys, steering wheel, shifters, controls console.

Jeez people, its not that tough. Alcohol is everywhere.

Last edited:

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Ours is open here with a little business. The dealership did have to furlough a few employees. I feel for them with everything going on. :(

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I would assume that any mechanic, or customer, dropping off a car, or picking one up, would at least sanitize the most likely touched areas. car keys, steering wheel, shifters, controls console.

Jeez people, its not that tough. Alcohol is everywhere.
When I took my Ford Escape in for a new battery the guy wiped it down good with sanatized towel, can't imagine that any reputable car dealer wouldn't do that
Sponsored