First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Have been following your build and really like all you have done.
I need the particulars on that Rotopax setup. Part number and mounting technique would be much appreciated if you get a chance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
srt42b

srt42b

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thank you everyone. This is what I ordered from Rotopax. I used jack nuts to attach to bed side but had to use 1/4" spacers behind the mount since it's recessed right there;

2 Gallon Gasoline GEN 2
SKU RXX-2G

LOX Pack Mount
SKU RX-LOX-PM

1, 2, 2.25, and 4 Gallon Extension
SKU RX-EXT

2 Gallon Water GEN 2
SKU RXX-2W

OP
OP
srt42b

srt42b

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Made it through the weekend and the truck survived a 4/10 trail. Had a little rubbing so need a little more dremel work on the fender flares, but otherwise she did great. Had better clearance and turning radius than the Raptor and ended up with less pin stripping. Also hung with the lifted JL's. Now I definitely need sliders, skids and plastidip.

20200609_083524.jpg
20200609_073737.jpg
20200609_073827.jpg
20200609_073810.jpg
20200609_083605.jpg

20200609_090215.jpg

20200609_083647.jpg
20200609_083628.jpg

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Got all lights installed and wired to the Trigger 6. Found out Ford now uses micro2 fuses after crimping the add a circuit. Oops.

Also mounted my Hi-Lift and Rotopax.

Getting alignment and oil change today. Aligning headlights today as well. Going camping this weekend to test everything out.

Almost done with phase 1. Just have shovel and ax to mount and replace winch hook with a thimble.

20200604_220350.jpg

How did you mount your Rotopax?

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone. This is what I ordered from Rotopax. I used jack nuts to attach to bed side but had to use 1/4" spacers behind the mount since it's recessed right there;

2 Gallon Gasoline GEN 2
SKU RXX-2G

LOX Pack Mount
SKU RX-LOX-PM

1, 2, 2.25, and 4 Gallon Extension
SKU RX-EXT

2 Gallon Water GEN 2
SKU RXX-2W
Ah... do you have a picture of this install?

OP
OP
srt42b

srt42b

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I'll try to get some pics when I clean her up in the next couple days. I need to get photos of the lights too.

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try to get some pics when I clean her up in the next couple days. I need to get photos of the lights too.
I'm generally curious to see how/where you fastened the rotopax mount to the sheet metal in the bed. I'm looking at doing something similar. It's doable to reach the back fasteners but it's up there.

OP
OP
srt42b

srt42b

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It is accessible but might make for a long frustrating day. Although there is a grommet right where I mounted mine so that would help. I just used jack nuts since I had to for the Hi-Lift anyways. It was a 30 min job. Also of note, I have a bed extender so I mount mine horizontal and forward a bit. If I didn't need to clear the rails when the extender was swung in, I would have mounted them vertically and closer to the tailgate.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
For you Baja Designs reverse lights did you only wire them into the 6 shooter or are they also tied into the reverse circuit?

OP
OP
srt42b

srt42b

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
For you Baja Designs reverse lights did you only wire them into the 6 shooter or are they also tied into the reverse circuit?
I wired them directly to the Trigger. I use them for off-road and camping. Don't want to blind everyone at the grocery store.

OP
OP
srt42b

srt42b

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Photos didn't come out great but you get the idea. You can see my washers between the mounting base and extension to compensate for the recess in the bed side.

20200618_173725.jpg

20200618_174411.jpg

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
BDS intrusion beams are great. I personally wouldn't run without some type of intrusion beam as they are there for safety. Did you already install your Icon tubular UCAs? If not, triple check that all the parts are there. When I got mine they were missing the "buckets" and Icon had to mail them out to me.

I didn't receive bucket brackets with mine and I've got the truck all apart.

Let this be a cautionary tail to everyone else haha

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
That's for sure. Looks like the frame mounted options are pretty limited right now.

I also need to figure out where to fit my oversize spare. Thinking either roof rack or hitchgate.
Are there any at all? I could only find body mounted online.

domtur123

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
No intrusion bars. There is no space for them in my setup, even the aftermarket ones, unfortunately. I know it's a hot debate but it's unknown what would happen with a lift and meaty tires. Similar to a Raptor that doesn't come with them.

Icon UCA's are in and came with everything, thankfully. I didn't check before pulling everything off the truck. ?

I ordered a set of wheel spacers. Thinking it over, I don't want to weaken the integrity of those front body mounts. Not my truck below but here's a visual of what's going on. Red line is where I had to cut the frame (after removing crash bars), yellow line is where it rubs under full lock and suspension compressed. You can see the body mount toward the back of this crash bar frame. Wheel spacers should get it far enough away from that yellow line.

Frame.jpg

Now I will have quite a bit of poke on this setup (probably around 3.5"). And no one offers wide enough flares. ā˜¹
Did you have any issues getting the tire to clear the front bumper? I know Iā€™ll have to cut quite a bit but I donā€™t want to touch the actual painted parts of the body. Iā€™m trying to run a similar setup and I am concerned it will contact the stock front bumper. The only difference Iā€™m running is a -25 offset wheel. Same size tire and 17x9 wheel with a 3.5ā€ lift.
Sponsored