Treimche's White Platinum Ranger

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Why run so much preload instead of running a lift to offset the preload? I ask because I'm about to install the Icon Stage 3 and debating preload to achieve the 3.5" lift I already have with the Rough Country.
Sponsored

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Why run so much preload instead of running a lift to offset the preload? I ask because I'm about to install the Icon Stage 3 and debating preload to achieve the 3.5" lift I already have with the Rough Country.
What do you mean by "running a lift to offset the preload"? Are you talking about adding a spacer on top of the coilover to add lift? I'm not about to stack parts like that. Other than adding preload to the Fox coilovers, a person could install longer or stiffer springs, but that's not something I know how to calculate. Maybe Fox would know what springs to use? Idk, but raising the collars in order to raise the front end was fairly easy. The front rides a little bit stiffer than when it was at Fox's pre-set height, but it is in no way stiff or harsh. It still rides a lot better than the stock FX4 shocks/springs. With the additional preload, the front closer matches the rear since the rear springs are still quite stiff. This setup rides great and I love it!

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Great build and an amazing looking truck - makes me wish I would have got a white lariet!
Thank you!! To be completely honest, I almost went with the blue, and I really love the blue still, but the white platinum is just so good.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Nice Lariat. Are your RokBlokz Original size or XL ?

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Added some nice LED puddle lights today. These are a super quick and easy upgrade from Amazon for like $17. Check the before and after pics, it is a huge difference and I don't really understand why they didn't use LEDs in the first place.
Pics ar as follows:
Stock puddle lights after being popped loose.
New puddle lights unboxed.
Stock puddle lights (left) vs new LEDs (right).
New LEDs connected and connectors heat shrinked.
Leds lit up in my shop with the lights off.
Stock puddles lit up in my shop with the lights off.

IMG_7685.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

IMG_7687.jpeg

IMG_7689.jpeg

IMG_7683.jpeg
Looked on Amazon for those lights, only found ones for Fusion and F150. Can you share part number or link?

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I appreciate the help, and from all I've read of your posts, I respect your opinion. With that said, These might work doesn't seem like your typical response. I'm no engineer, so I'm relying on your expertise. Would you use these on your truck?

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I appreciate the help, and from all I've read of your posts, I respect your opinion. With that said, These might work doesn't seem like your typical response. I'm no engineer, so I'm relying on your expertise. Would you use these on your truck?
After further review, they are not compatable with 2019 Ranger. Thanks for thing of me anyway...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi .

I have the bright on order from this seller, so yes I am going to use them on my Lincoln MKX as I found several OEM lugnuts that were swollen. Found this out at Costco when installing new tires on the MKX. The "might" I used is based on the look you wish to achieve based on gloss level style etc. If they appeal to you. Make sense? Seller said they would fit my MKX, which is the same as the Ranger. If I do not like them upon receipt, I will just trow them away...I will let you know as I get them tomorrow.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After further review, they are not compatable with 2019 Ranger. Thanks for thing of me anyway...
Hi,

Actually, I believe these would fit. It does not jive with the compatibility chart, but they are M12x1.5 with a 60° cone which is OEM. So Yes, I would use them on my Ranger...infact I have them in chrome now to replace the OEM Ranger lug nuts as these are solid and I believe the OEM lugnuts are the composite type prone to swelling over time. My only problem is that I need 4 more as these are for 5 lug wheels and Ranger has six... They are cheap enough I may order 20 more just to get the 4 I need. Sigh....

My big headache is my Lincoln MKX...half the lug nuts are swollen and I cannot find nice looking M14x1.5 in chrome. Going to try ones for FCA Dodge Hellcat and see if they will work....via specs they should fit, but there is a warning that they do not fit factory wheels....Do not know why as of yet. Simple little part but what a headache. These composite lug nuts are not Ford's greatest idea IMO!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Just looking for some black wheel nuts that have same contact surface as stock if you're in the know...
Throughout my years of being a car guy, I have yet to find black lug nuts that will last. I have had black powder coated lug nuts but those chip off and look like total crap after being removed and reinstalled a few times. I currently have black anodized lug nuts on both my car and my Ranger. The set on my Ranger look fantastic since they're new, but the set on my car are brown since anodizing fades in the sun. I don't know what type of finish is on the nuts in that eBay link above, so use at your own risk.
Sponsored