Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I've never been crazy about Mustangs. IMO the Dodge Challenger was the only "re-make" that actually captured the retro-look properly. The most recent Mustang re-design just looks like they are trying to be a European sports car. Yes they are fast and nice looking, but they just don't do anything for me. Same line of thought on the Chevy Camaro. When I think muscle car, I want it to look like a muscle car.

I did however think these (SVT Cobra R) were cool looking back in the day;

2000-svt-mustang-cobra-r-for-sale-2.jpg

Now if only I had enough time and money to make a Hellcat engine fit in a Ranger... because I just want to see if it can be done. lol
I drove one of these back in the day. Never lost a pursuit.
1614214576669.png
Sponsored

24dRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I love the original, the fastback, Fox body and the newest ones. Not a fan of the Mustang 2, SN 95 (even though I owned a 98 Cobra) nor the slab sides. The E is not a Mustang but neither are some of those I mentioned above IMHO.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda like the dreadful Mustang II. I like the look of the Mach E, and would probably order one if I were in the market, Mustang or not. E-Toronado?
I used to not like the Mustang II. But in comparison to the Mach-E, at least it's not a porky station wagon! LOL

There are a couple of Mustang II's I'd love to own like the Cobra or Stallion editions. But for some reason the 71 to 73 shape resonates with me. They aren't much loved either!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Smart marketing move by Ford - geared to attract attention, get people into the showroom to check it out, maybe take a test drive. Use a widely recognized name to pique interest. Sends a signal that Ford is serious about EVs.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I will be looking closely at the MachE next year.

The AWD versions have piqued my interest.

Do I think they should've called it something other than Mustang?

Yes, but since Ford is basically abandoning cars except for the Mustang, I guess they wanted to hang that moniker on it to position it as a "car" and not a CUV.

Never mind that it IS a CUV because Marketing.

Reactions: Doc

20Ranger4wd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Sport 4x4
Kind of. In the end it's the customers' sandbox and the money makes the rules. Time will tell I guess.
Very true. And I am exiting the sandbox and taking my money with me. All the soccer moms can have fun in their “Mustangs” without me. I’ll probably keep the old Fox, but don’t plan on buying another mustang again.

And on another subject, WTF is with the aggressive ads on the website? I can hardly type a reply here...

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It has occurred to me that one day soon, I will be at a Mustang car show, with my sexy V8 sports car, and have to share the show field with a soccer mom's bloated station wagon branded as a Mustang.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I like the concept of the mach E but don't like having the mustang name on it. But I don't own the rights to the name lol.

I've had several mustangs...first being a red '74 Mustang II which was actually fairly cool for a high school kid in 1981. I've had a 79 turbo, 87 notchback, 83 t top coupe an 97 cobra with a Kenne Bell blower on it.

If I were to get another one it'd be either a newer one with all the power an conveniences or a '65 since that's the year I was born.

83 t top.jpg
97cobra.jpg

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
I can’t help but read, “Mustang Mach E” as “Mustang Mockery”.
not a fan of how auto companies are misusing fan- favorite names for sales like Blazer, Cherokee and now Mustang... but the Mach-E does look really cool otherwise!
and these aggressive ads have got to go!!!!
Sponsored