OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
It is called capitalism. If you don't want to pay for the mark up don't buy it. Seems simple to me.
Not an untrue fact. However on the flip-side you have court of public opinion, which is quite capable of sinking someones ship. So in a sense, the cause and effect are still capitalism.

Company presents product.

Consumer reacts to product.

Company adjusts product as needed.

That is exactly what happened here.

A company is free to ask what they want for a product, I as a consumer am also free to voice my opinion with the world on the matter. The company either reacts to that opinion or it doesn't.

In this case the dealership bent the knee. Nothing was stopping them from telling Ford Corporate to pound sand.

There, I blew your mind. Class over. :)

Edit: People often mistaken public gripe with private product pricing with government intervention of private product pricing. One is in fact an affront to capitalism, the other is very much part of the capitalist system.
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

sootie007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 LT 4 x 4
Occupation
Electronics
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say I sat in the MachE at the CF Auto show and walked away damx impressed , fit , finish , back seat .....would I buy one ? Hard NO ...lifestyle, price point, range I could afford etc - just not me but its a pretty cool car for what it is .....should they have done the tie in branding with the classic 2 door, V8 pounding Mustang again a Hard NO.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Can we just be real for a moment?
That is NOT a Mustang. It is an all electric Ford Fusion with a pony on the grill.

My wife is on her 6th Mustang and hates this E-Bomination so much that she will never buy another Mustang. I think if they had kept it to two doors she could have seen it through, but four doors is strictly sedan country. Worse than the Mustang II of the 1970's.
Ok…lets be honest here. This is not close to the disaster of the Mustang II. I have owned 6 Mustangs too and I like the Mach-E. I would love to own a Mach-E GT.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Its good Ford is challenging Telsa IMO, but they could of named it anything besides a Mustang. Even Mach 1 E would be fine.
Another personal opinion, dealerships should never be allowed to mark up anything. They have their profit margin they should stick too. Anyone tried to buy a graphics card lately? They are pricing them way out there.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I just think that using the Mustang name was a poor choice. To me, it shows a lack of confidence by marketing or the company itself. If the car performs well enough then a new name to the brand should not make a difference. If fact, it would only help to bolster the Ford brand.

Instead, they chose the name Mustang with the hopes of instilling in the minds of the public a car that is already well known and established. It just smells of taking the easy route instead of being bold and confident in the new introduction of an E vehicle.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You guys bitching about the name are in for some hurt.

Mustang, and Bronco are going to be their own brand.

There will be 4 or 5 different Mustangs in the next decade. Most of which won't be what we'd expect.

Think Ram.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Can we just be real for a moment?
That is NOT a Mustang. It is an all electric Ford Fusion with a pony on the grill.

My wife is on her 6th Mustang and hates this E-Bomination so much that she will never buy another Mustang. I think if they had kept it to two doors she could have seen it through, but four doors is strictly sedan country. Worse than the Mustang II of the 1970's.
Glad Ford stepped in and did something about it.

And calling it a mustang though i dont see it as bad considering that real Mustang lovers know what a real one is and that having sub brands could help keep them alive
It drives me nuts too that it's called "Mustang". Mach E would have sufficed as a stand alone name. I personally think they look really nice in person. But I agree, Mustang?? It's like the "Bronco Sport". While I think it did clearly help with marketing and sales at least preliminary, I just think it does an injustice to the real Bronco name and heritage, even if the thing is somewhat off road worthy.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military