FORD ends MACH E mark up

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
indication that a least initially a high level of demand. Kudos to Ford for taking action on the markup.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Can we just be real for a moment?
That is NOT a Mustang. It is an all electric Ford Fusion with a pony on the grill.

My wife is on her 6th Mustang and hates this E-Bomination so much that she will never buy another Mustang. I think if they had kept it to two doors she could have seen it through, but four doors is strictly sedan country. Worse than the Mustang II of the 1970's.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Glad Ford stepped in and did something about it.

And calling it a mustang though i dont see it as bad considering that real Mustang lovers know what a real one is and that having sub brands could help keep them alive

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
That is NOT a Mustang. It is an all electric Ford Fusion with a pony on the grill.

My wife is on her 6th Mustang and hates this E-Bomination so much that she will never buy another Mustang. I think if they had kept it to two doors she could have seen it through, but four doors is strictly sedan country. Worse than the Mustang II of the 1970's.
Um...you do know you can still buy a mustang..right?

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm sorry, but I can't really give Ford any credit for that. They were only trying to protect themselves from the media backlash. Stopping the markup of only that one car at that one dealership isn't worthy of any praise.
When the Jaguar F-Pace first came out, my wife was looking to get one. They were selling faster than the dealers could get them, but Jaguar would not allow any dealer to gouge and they were not allowed to sell above MRSP. THAT is worthy of praise and how it should be.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Levine is a straight up sheister.

After the debacle that was/is the Bronco release I don't trust a thing he says or does.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Like $59,400 ain't enough to start with. It would be hard to make me believe Ford didn't bake a $7500 upcharge in the price of the thing to start with. Can't let the customer get that Government handout for buying an electric vehicle now, can they.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is called capitalism. If you don't want to pay for the mark up don't buy it. Seems simple to me.
Yes simple except that in my experience reseller agreements require their msrp not be changed, if a dealer falsifies/misrepresents the msrp that's usually a no no, the way around that of course is all of the add on made by the dealer
I doubt that Ford is acting in this case without having the legal right to do so.

Last edited:

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
That thing can sit there until the wheels fall off. They will come down on the price if they want it sold or someone will pay what they are asking.
If I try to sell my ranger for $50k because I think it is "premium" and no one buys it that is my problem.
I can see Ford's problem with the "market adjustment" but as a consumer I can decide to take my business elsewhere.

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger

so is it no longer a pony car then???

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pony car

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nothing sells cars better than seeing them on the road.
Sponsored