Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
Hate to keep asking
Can you post a pic like this, I want to get an idea of how they look with the wheels on.
mud flap.png
Sponsored

LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
I looked at a bunch of reviews and went with WeatherTech flaps, front and rear. Installed myself. Very happy with them. Good stiffness, without being like a board, and I believe price is considerably less than OEM. Installation will take an hour or two. They say you need a trim plug removal tool; you don't. The retainer pins you have to take out you can easily get with your fingers or a small screw driver. If you do go WeatherTech go to a local shop that sells them (just about any four wheel or truck place) and get them to order for you; then you don't have to pay shipping costs (which you do if you order direct from WeatherTech). One installation point, they say to turn your front wheels to aid with getting the room needed; I found with FX4 and Hankook tires turning them the opposite direction they suggest actually makes it easier.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
They seem big and bulky but the fit nicely. Keeps the flap locked tight to wheel well. Went to the ski hill twice this week. Nothing got by the flaps onto the paint behind them. I moved mine out wider. I’m impressed. Checked the bolts and everything is lock tight. Installation was easy and would highly recommend them. Everyone who sees them comments on them. They’re not cheap but they do the job. Seems like they’ll last forever.
Thanks
Hate to keep asking
Can you post a pic like this, I want to get an idea of how they look with the wheels on.
mud flap.png
Thanks
Hate to keep asking
mud flap.png
2F90DE9A-980A-485C-A787-8D4D85057C82.jpeg

BDD6D4AF-B725-4EC3-8FF2-5FC0222015A8.jpeg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I looked at a bunch of reviews and went with WeatherTech flaps, front and rear. Installed myself. Very happy with them. Good stiffness, without being like a board, and I believe price is considerably less than OEM. Installation will take an hour or two. They say you need a trim plug removal tool; you don't. The retainer pins you have to take out you can easily get with your fingers or a small screw driver. If you do go WeatherTech go to a local shop that sells them (just about any four wheel or truck place) and get them to order for you; then you don't have to pay shipping costs (which you do if you order direct from WeatherTech). One installation point, they say to turn your front wheels to aid with getting the room needed; I found with FX4 and Hankook tires turning them the opposite direction they suggest actually makes it easier.
Did you use the little paint protector strips? I'm not sure exactly where they should go

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Did you use the little paint protector strips? I'm not sure exactly where they should go
I'd like to know if those paint protector strips were used by LMKFX4XLT as well. I just received my set of WeatherTechs and i'm waiting for better weather conditions to install.

They are really rigid. I won't be able to knock snow off of them with just a foot tap like I used to do on my 94 Ranger's flimsy but durable OEM mud flaps.

The protector strips that came with the guards seem really small and thin, but i hope they will protect the paint from any scuffs or indentations should i decide to replace these in the future. My set came labeled "RHS" (passenger) and "LHS" (driver) . I might just go with 3M film instead, but don't know if that will make a difference in quality,

Last edited:

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
I was curious today and contacted Rally Armor. They replied quickly and said they do not have a date yet and have a few other products ahead of flaps for Rangers. Are the RokBlokz good about collecting snow? I am looking to keep salt and snow out as best as possible.

LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
Yes, I put them on. Take a look at the attached pic. They go on the area between the flap and the wheel well. Install them on the wheel well (grey in pic) with about 1/8 inch exposed beyond where the flap and grey painted area meet. Keeps the flap from rubbing/damaging that area under the flap.
C9F2649D-CA69-4A0E-8692-378EECE5754F.jpeg

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ended up paying the guys installing my cap to put the flaps on. I didn't have time/patience to do it right now. They got it done at the same time.

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a set from Weathertech today. Not too difficult although if I ever meet the tiny handed bastard who invented those clips you screw into I’m going to take several projects worth of frustration out on him. If anyone gets these the instructions say turn the wheel all the way to the left to work on the driver side and right for the passenger side. That’s fine for the outer screws but leaves no room for the inner screw. Turning the wheel the opposite way gives plenty of space to work on that one. I only wish I had figured that out before the install was complete

6F81A9EE-D77C-4FEA-BD50-C43CBDEC724E.jpeg

A55FB494-5790-4AF1-9E09-08B557630ED7.jpeg
I installed the Weathertech ones also and am very happy with them...the install was fairly easy but did require some nimbleness...I'm a big fan of Top Coat F11 and I use it on everything including glass, plastic and rubber...it is very expensive but to me is worth it...

Flaps 1.jpg

Flaps 2.jpg

DaRodent

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Fiesta, 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I too went with the Weathertech front and rear. I am happy with them though I have hot gone off road with them but no problems in the snow.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Sorry for the bad quality, but here are the XL Rokblokz. If your wheels/tires sit any further in than mine then I would go with the normal size. Awesome quality though, 100% recommend!

05FF42B5-924B-45D9-A528-CAFD2AA87ACD.jpeg

View attachment 25149

E1736B17-2891-41BE-9C6A-BC17BF25F41A.jpeg

4FD0B2A7-45E1-4AC0-A337-35D2C5F63C9D.jpeg

75795E7F-92A3-4D95-915E-A734772117C5.jpeg
@_Ian_ I realize you posted this a few months ago, but do your tires rub the Rokblokz at all?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I installed the Weathertech ones also and am very happy with them...the install was fairly easy but did require some nimbleness...I'm a big fan of Top Coat F11 and I use it on everything including glass, plastic and rubber...it is very expensive but to me is worth it...

Flaps 1.jpg

Flaps 2.jpg
What steps are those?
Sponsored