mud flaps????

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
@PNW_Ranger87 I’ll try to get some pics this weekend... it’s dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. I think I took one in the garage after I put them on though, I’ll post it up if it’s on my phone.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Am I just old or does no one believe in mud flaps any more? My 1984 Tacoma, 1989 Tacoma & 1999 Ranger all came with mud flaps. My 2019 XLT that I put a deposit on the other day doesn't have them & I noticed looking at the garage & various member's trucks that no one else seems to have then.
Having said that, does anyone have a recommendation for any particular brand?
Thanks
Al
I too drove a Tacoma..... in my case since 1997. If you have a 4x4, and don't want road rash eating the paint off your truck, you want mud flaps.... not because they look awesome (they don't).... but because they protect the paint on your truck.

I choose WeatherTech mud flaps. They protect better than Ford OEM accessory mud flaps.

Ranger With Mud Flaps.JPG

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
There's a difference between flaps and guards. If you are concerned about looks and rock chips molded guards like WT or the OEM work fine. Beyond that they are snow and mud collectors. In those conditions you need flexible flaps. You can even have issues if it freezes overnight.

The RB XL on mine work so well I drove it for a month in MN/WI and washed it for the first time last week. Not because it really needed it I thought it was about time!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
There's a difference between flaps and guards. If you are concerned about looks and rock chips molded guards like WT or the OEM work fine. Beyond that they are snow and mud collectors. In those conditions you need flexible flaps. You can even have issues if it freezes overnight.

The RB XL on mine work so well I drove it for a month in MN/WI and washed it for the first time last week. Not because it really needed it I thought it was about time!
Agreed. Rally Armors are much more flexible than the RB ones but I love the look of the XL's on my truck!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Gatorback mudflaps in smoke with black ranger lettering. Stupid expensive but seem like the best looking flaps I could find. Wanted something flexible.
Agree, would really like these. But cost is too high for me

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, would really like these. But cost is too high for me
Good thing is they’re easy to install. Bad part double what they should really cost. Max

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Was waiting for the Rally Armor because I heard the WT would collect snow. So far happy with the amount that sticks to them.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Good thing is they’re easy to install. Bad part double what they should really cost. Max
Holy sh..! The gatorback price is crazy!! I could buy a nice gun or plenty of ammo for that price

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered WT flaps yesterday. Hopefully I like them.

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
I ordered WT flaps yesterday. Hopefully I like them.
Let us know what your initial impressions are. Those are the ones I’m leaning towards. What I’d really like is a set of flaps that would be compatible with a fender flare install for later.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Let us know what your initial impressions are. Those are the ones I’m leaning towards. What I’d really like is a set of flaps that would be compatible with a fender flare install for later.
Yeah, I’d like that too but I’m pushing 3 grand in accessories and flares would mean I need new wheels, tires, and a lift.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Gatorback mudflaps in smoke with black ranger lettering. Stupid expensive but seem like the best looking flaps I could find. Wanted something flexible.
DMAX
How do the retainer clips look? Seems rather busy

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
DMAX
How do the retainer clips look? Seems rather busy
They seem big and bulky at first but they fit nicely and snug to the flap. Keeps the flap locked tight to wheel well(no noise). Went to the ski hill twice this week. Nothing got by the flaps onto the paint behind them. I moved mine out slightly wider. I’m impressed. Checked the bolts and everything is lock tight. Installation was easy and would highly recommend them. Everyone who sees them comments on them. They’re not cheap but they do the job. Seems like they’ll last forever.
Sponsored