Good mud flaps?

f_399

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor - Ranger Wildtrack - Ranger XLT - Everest
I hesitated on getting aftermarket mud flaps for a long time.

i pulled the trigger because my tires were throwing rocks onto the body, this is what it got

518EF57C-99D7-410C-AD07-3603477EB5A6.jpeg

45CE071D-31ED-43F5-8979-81484F7CB2F2.jpeg

f_399

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor - Ranger Wildtrack - Ranger XLT - Everest
Angle showing how the tire extends out

50562482-E288-4E21-A12F-1E680597EC40.jpeg

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
I'm installing weathertech so I don't have to drill the fenders or remove the wheels.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm installing weathertech so I don't have to drill the fenders or remove the wheels.
I have been wavering between the WeatherTech and the Ford molded. These look like they are new no drill guards for the Ranger, I don’t remember seeing them before and at now $70 with free shipping they have me interested.

1585014794856.png

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Installed the Weathertech's today, 1hr, perfect fit
I highly recommend them?

20200329_141142~2.jpg

20200329_141149~2.jpg

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to give the Husky Molded Flaps a try. At $72 shipped, was worth a shot. Put them on today in a fairly decent amount of time. Few notes:
  • They seem a bit flimsy compared to others I have put on in the past, but should hold up well in this area.
  • The clear paint protection film was bit of a hassle to remove from the sheet as you cannot see the outline of the cut out. I had to pull more than should be necessary to separate the film from the sheet. But it is easy to apply.
  • Biggest PITA was attaching the clips that hold the top to the inner wheel well. Fronts were the worst, rears went on easier. Several F'Bombs dropped...
  • They use double sided tape to mount to the inner frame on the front and to the wheel well liner in the back.
    • Twice the tape came off the mud flap, so I replaced it with some 3M heavy duty tape, clamped the rear for a few hours to ensure they bond.
  • They look decent enough, time will tell as to how they hold up. Guess they are worth $72...

Gossamer Husky MF (4).jpg
Gossamer Husky MF (1).jpg

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to give the Husky Molded Flaps a try. At $72 shipped, was worth a shot. Put them on today in a fairly decent amount of time. Few notes:
  • They seem a bit flimsy compared to others I have put on in the past, but should hold up well in this area.
  • The clear paint protection film was bit of a hassle to remove from the sheet as you cannot see the outline of the cut out. I had to pull more than should be necessary to separate the film from the sheet. But it is easy to apply.
  • Biggest PITA was attaching the clips that hold the top to the inner wheel well. Fronts were the worst, rears went on easier. Several F'Bombs dropped...
  • They use double sided tape to mount to the inner frame on the front and to the wheel well liner in the back.
    • Twice the tape came off the mud flap, so I replaced it with some 3M heavy duty tape, clamped the rear for a few hours to ensure they bond.
  • They look decent enough, time will tell as to how they hold up. Guess they are worth $72...

Gossamer Husky MF (4).jpg
Gossamer Husky MF (1).jpg
I ordered mine a day or so before you posted and they just came. Those clips: dead on as well as the front double sided tape sucks to hold. Same issues with peeling the clear decals too.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I spent extra and went with Gatorback. Got them with out the metal plates to make the price more palatable - LINK.
Still pricey but real thick rubber mud flaps. And if I win the lottery someday I can buy the metal inserts then.
Install was easy. 1 hole to drill in the plastic rear wheel liner, which I was able to do without removing the rear wheels. But be careful not to over tighten!
Very Happy with them.

20200415_174139_HDR (2).jpg

Last edited:

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Put on weathertechs for the same reasons . They are rugged and keep the rockes off the rockers . Even protects the front of the steps or rails .
Sponsored