Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
How easy would they be to take off and reinstall? I'm not a big fan of mud flaps but I do use them in the winter and take off in the summer.
These would be easily taken off if you’d want to, but the u-clips that you gotta stuff behind the wheel well liner are kind of a pain to get to.

Honestly, they kinda disappear on the truck. I was so used to having them on my old Ranger, that they look natural to me. The plastic fasteners would survive removal and reinstall if you’re not too ham fisted with them.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. When you get a chance sometime, could you post up a picture or two of how they mount?

Edit.. sorry I was thinking it was you who had the Weathertech ones!
Here are a couple of quick pics of the mounting. A few of the plastic fasteners inside of the front fenders come out and are replaced by those u-clips and screws. It was only tough to place 1 of the 2 u-clips needed only because I wasn’t comfortable pulling the wheel well liner as far back as the instructions show...didn’t want to deform it. Then just a couple of small clips hanging onto the flap and fender. The back mud flaps are super easy to install

BC5B8D23-45BE-45DD-B1E4-6A67D6FE9AD4.jpeg

DA3FED9F-BE31-422D-A8FD-04ECC6629987.jpeg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Here are a couple of quick pics of the mounting. A few of the plastic fasteners inside of the front fenders come out and are replaced by those u-clips and screws. It was only tough to place 1 of the 2 u-clips needed only because I wasn’t comfortable pulling the wheel well liner as far back as the instructions show...didn’t want to deform it. Then just a couple of small clips hanging onto the flap and fender. The back mud flaps are super easy to install

BC5B8D23-45BE-45DD-B1E4-6A67D6FE9AD4.jpeg

DA3FED9F-BE31-422D-A8FD-04ECC6629987.jpeg
Thanks! So I could just leave those u-clips in and just put a black screw in and it wouldn't show if I took them off in the summer. That's all I do with my Mazda and it's Rally Armor flaps each spring when I take them off.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! So I could just leave those u-clips in and just put a black screw in and it wouldn't show if I took them off in the summer. That's all I do with my Mazda and it's Rally Armor flaps each spring when I take them off.
That would work.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
My truck is Magnetic, and my mudflaps are brown. I got OEM ones, and they were also magnetic-ish when I put them on. They have not been clean since.

I should add that Husky is trying to sell me splash guards since I got my floor mats, and that the OEM ones took no more than 15 minutes to install.
Thanks for posting this... I was just getting ready to order some of the factory ones.... think I'll go with the Weathertech... I also like that they don't have a Ford logo on them... I mean the big blue oval on the tailgate is enough... do we really need the logo on each mud flap too? :crazy:

Last edited:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
My factory ones look great. Easy clean up.

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I just run the OEM mud flaps as well. Like them a lot and they mount super secure. All of the drilling required was just into plastic, so not a big deal in my opinion. Just installed some 275/65R18 Aggressive All Terrains, that like to throw rocks.... so, some urethane or rubber extensions may be in order.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Here's my theory on "mud flaps". If you are seriously going off road they need to be flexible. Otherwise the mud or snow just sticks and won't fall off (self clean) so you end up with a packed full wheel well that rubs the tires and can freeze overnight and cause issues steering. Some of the moulded "flaps" actually look like mud scoops because they are concave. Good for gravel but not mud or wet snow. I'm leaning towards the basic Ford rubber flaps, any better options that are actually flaps?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Thanks for posting this... I was just getting ready to order some of the factory ones.... think I'll go with the Weathertech... I also like that they don't have a Ford logo on them... I mean the big blue oval on the tailgate is enough... do we really need the logo on each mud flap too? :crazy:

The logo is essentially invisible, and I suspect that the weathertech's will be thinner (the floormats are way too thin IMO), and made of the same material that will never be clean again (Unless you like getting on your hands and knees with a scrub brush...) after your first trip down a brown dirt road.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I contacted Rally Armor last night to check on a Ranger offering. They replied that they are working on it but have no estimated date yet.

I’ve had a set of them on my Mazda since it was new in 2010 and they’re holding up great. They are urethane so they stay super flexible and very little will stick to them.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Here's my theory on "mud flaps". If you are seriously going off road they need to be flexible. Otherwise the mud or snow just sticks and won't fall off (self clean) so you end up with a packed full wheel well that rubs the tires and can freeze overnight and cause issues steering. Some of the moulded "flaps" actually look like mud scoops because they are concave. Good for gravel but not mud or wet snow. I'm leaning towards the basic Ford rubber flaps, any better options that are actually flaps?
This is my concern travelling in a high snow area. I like mud flaps but not snow collectors.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my concern travelling in a high snow area. I like mud flaps but not snow collectors.
If that’s what you’re after then then Rally Armor flaps are exactly what you want... hopefully they will be out soon!