mud flaps????

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
I got the dealer to throw them onto mine for free. I told them "It really chaps my ass that I can buy an offroad package and it doesn't include mudflaps".
Sponsored

OP
OP

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Thanks for the replies. I know it's not expensive or a big deal to add them. Like I said my last three trucks came with them & the Ranger is being marketed as an active lifestyle vehicle & yet you have to order them.
Al

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Thanks for the replies. I know it's not expensive or a big deal to add them. Like I said my last three trucks came with them & the Ranger is being marketed as an active lifestyle vehicle & yet you have to order them.
Al
Fashions change. I wager most people planning to use this truck as an active lifestyle vehicle have no desire for mid flaps. Better to put them on if you want them than to have to take them off if you don't.

Deleted member 773

Bought my truck from dealers stock and ordered the flaps shortly after.

Anyone else have trouble getting them clean? seems they always look like the still have a layer of dirt after a wash.
Try using a higher pH soap or spraying with simple green.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Like spray detailer? I drove some dusty gravel roads yesterday and the texture on the mud flaps kind of held the dust. I got most of it off when I washed it, but they still look a little dirty.
The spray detailer seems to work like a Teflon spray. I squirt them down after I wash them and they come up as good as new.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Mud flaps are a must.
Look great, protect the truck and look great.
Is likely an old thing as OP mentioned.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
My Lariat came without them and no Runningboards. My 05 Ranger came with both and I think they made a major difference in keeping the body and cab in good shape. As part of the deal the dealer agreed to add them at cost to my Larait. Waiting to weeks and both are still not in so I guess they are a popular option.

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the molded ones through ford dealer.

Which was a nightmare btw, buy 2 weeks ago, says will be there end of week, not there end of next week, beginning of third week only fronts...

Good thing is they went on easy.

BetaBreezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Ingot Silver
Occupation
Perfusionist
I shot an email over to RokBlokz when I first got my truck in early June to see if they had any mudflaps in development for the Ranger as they do for the F150 Raptors. They said they’re working on a set and added me to the email list for when they’re released. However, I’m thinking about picking up a set of OEM molded ones in the meantime. I’m not a huge fan of how the OEM black covers up part of the magnetic wheel well trim and worry about scratching the paint there long-term.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I shot an email over to RokBlokz when I first got my truck in early June to see if they had any mudflaps in development for the Ranger as they do for the F150 Raptors. They said they’re working on a set and added me to the email list for when they’re released. However, I’m thinking about picking up a set of OEM molded ones in the meantime. I’m not a huge fan of how the OEM black covers up part of the magnetic wheel well trim and worry about scratching the paint there long-term.
If you ever use your truck on dirt/gravel roads, I'll bet you'll be happy the OEM units cover part of the magnetic wheel trim...without them it takes a beating

Found this out first hand while waiting for the molded ones to arrive.

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I installed a set from Weathertech today. Not too difficult although if I ever meet the tiny handed bastard who invented those clips you screw into I’m going to take several projects worth of frustration out on him. If anyone gets these the instructions say turn the wheel all the way to the left to work on the driver side and right for the passenger side. That’s fine for the outer screws but leaves no room for the inner screw. Turning the wheel the opposite way gives plenty of space to work on that one. I only wish I had figured that out before the install was complete

6F81A9EE-D77C-4FEA-BD50-C43CBDEC724E.jpeg

A55FB494-5790-4AF1-9E09-08B557630ED7.jpeg

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the RokBlokz for the Ranger are out, now.
https://rokblokz.com/collections/truck-mud-flaps/products/ford-ranger-2019-mud-flaps

Did you happen to pick up a pair?

If so, what are your thoughts?
Sponsored