Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
okay which member volunteered their car for the install haha. Dust falling out of every bolt & fitting. Pretty wild it's 40% brighter than the stock LEDs.

Seemed to be a very favorable review. they are on my short list.

I purchased a set of these from a distributor in here in Canada. I had some reserve pulling the trigger because of the price but they looked decent and was in the "sweeter" spot price wise then the morimitos.

They arrived and I took them to my local ford dealership for installation...the technician brought me out to the shop to show me a broken plastic tab trapped inside the housing on the passenger side light assembly that we could not figure out what it was from and also when attempting to aim the driver side light assembly up and down the adjuster screw did not do anything....small fractional turns left and right did nothing for the aim.

Lesson learned to me ...a little over $300 in labor charges to have halogen lights removed ...these gtr's installed and then removed and halogens put back in....I think the guy went easy on me for feeling bad they didn't work out.

I had a small he said/she said battle with the distributor I purchased the lights from as they were trying to play the blame guy that the ford technician may have damaged the light assemblies but in the end I was able to RMA for full refund...minus the labor.

It's a process to get access to these assemblies on this truck or else I would have attempted myself....but again lesson learned....I'm either going to stick with oem led if I can ever find them ...OR may go the route of drop in LED's but I've read unpopular reviews of doing so in the halogen assembly.

I gambled and it didn't pay out this round.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I purchased a set of these from a distributor in here in Canada. I had some reserve pulling the trigger because of the price but they looked decent and was in the "sweeter" spot price wise then the morimitos.

They arrived and I took them to my local ford dealership for installation...the technician brought me out to the shop to show me a broken plastic tab trapped inside the housing on the passenger side light assembly that we could not figure out what it was from and also when attempting to aim the driver side light assembly up and down the adjuster screw did not do anything....small fractional turns left and right did nothing for the aim.

Lesson learned to me ...a little over $300 in labor charges to have halogen lights removed ...these gtr's installed and then removed and halogens put back in....I think the guy went easy on me for feeling bad they didn't work out.

I had a small he said/she said battle with the distributor I purchased the lights from as they were trying to play the blame guy that the ford technician may have damaged the light assemblies but in the end I was able to RMA for full refund...minus the labor.

It's a process to get access to these assemblies on this truck or else I would have attempted myself....but again lesson learned....I'm either going to stick with oem led if I can ever find them ...OR may go the route of drop in LED's but I've read unpopular reviews of doing so in the halogen assembly.

I gambled and it didn't pay out this round.
Hm interesting. I ordered a set so I’m curious if the aiming was a defect in your set or just the product as a whole. I’ll be installing this week hopefully.

Do not go drop-ins. They are unsafe, and the hundreds of members here claiming otherwise are delusional.

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hm interesting. I ordered a set so I’m curious if the aiming was a defect in your set or just the product as a whole. I’ll be installing this week hopefully.

Do not go drop-ins. They are unsafe, and the hundreds of members here claiming otherwise are delusional.
I hope they work out for you.

As I mentioned they look really good and for me the real selling point was a more oem look with them.

I don't have the stomach to pay labor again for something again that may or may not work again....but if your doing it yourself it's not an issue you'll face.

These assemblies will be on par with the oem as they are a reflective led design vs the morimitos projector led type setup.

Also...I'm not sure what sets these apart but they are VERY similar to VLAND brand on ebay/Amazon....I wonder if the GTR carbide is just a rebranded model...I'm unsure

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I hope they work out for you.

As I mentioned they look really good and for me the real selling point was a more oem look with them.

I don't have the stomach to pay labor again for something again that may or may not work again....but if your doing it yourself it's not an issue you'll face.

These assemblies will be on par with the oem as they are a reflective led design vs the morimitos projector led type setup.

Also...I'm not sure what sets these apart but they are VERY similar to VLAND brand on ebay/Amazon....I wonder if the GTR carbide is just a rebranded model...I'm unsure
Not sure which VLAND you are talking about, but they look quite different: https://www.amazon.com/Projector-Headlights-Compatible-2016-2021-Sequential/dp/B09SHKLVFL

https://www.gtrlighting.com/Carbide-LED-Headlights-2019-Ford-Ranger?quantity=1

I like that the GTRs are DOT certified (or claim to be). The inability to adjust headlights vs the effort of getting them certified makes me think it may have been a defective set, but I bought a pair and will report back upon install

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure which VLAND you are talking about, but they look quite different: https://www.amazon.com/Projector-Headlights-Compatible-2016-2021-Sequential/dp/B09SHKLVFL

https://www.gtrlighting.com/Carbide-LED-Headlights-2019-Ford-Ranger?quantity=1

I like that the GTRs are DOT certified (or claim to be). The inability to adjust headlights vs the effort of getting them certified makes me think it may have been a defective set, but I bought a pair and will report back upon install
They could of been defective for sure....but nonetheless a pain in the ass to dig in to attempt a swap only to find out it's a no go and then have to back track again.

I hope your set treats you better.

As far as GTR vs VLAND that I was mentioning

I've attached the images straight off of Vland's and GTR's websites.

If there is differences...they appear negligible....and yes I'm aware the VLAND site is showing the global ranger model.

My belief is that they are more than likely one in the same.

Screenshot_20221120-121347.png

Screenshot_20221120-121333.png

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer

Somebody with a brain cell! Praise the lord!!

Drop ins are bad - i've been way too into detail on other threads here but so happy other people are seeing the light

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Second set of headlights were installed today. Drivers side was also damaged, couldn't adjust and set way too low.

I ordered them for a steep discount on eBay simply listed as "closeout."
Clearly they are returns, as all four had marks from install, and the adjusters on all four showed wear.

Of the two total sets I received, three of four headlights had broken adjustment rods. I pulled the adjuster module off the back of all four headlamps, and on the 3 broken ones the rod that is actually turned to aim headlights was loose and had play from side to side and up/down. On the fourth, working headlight this adjuster rod was firm with zero play. It's like the bracket inside the housing was loose on the 3 broken ones.

It's tough to say whether this is a widespread defect, or the "closeout" seller I purchased from simply had 2 of the few broken sets. Given both were broken in the second set I am thinking the issue is more on the "common" than rare side.

On the bright side, I had this down to a bit over 2 hours start to finish, vs the 5 hours on initial install (with approximately half an hour, and 1 hour of trouble shooting broken headlights each time). The ford dealer that quoted 3 hours must have had a smoke break in there (because there are surely more competent & quicker mechanics I'd expect to be familiar with the contortions needed to access certain fasteners).

I'm back to stock. Will decide in the future if any aftermarket LEDS are worth the headache.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. The Alpharex ones are about the safest bet for “cheapest” replacement lights unless you can find Lariat OEM ones cheaper. Then the Mori’s are at the high end but still less than 2 new factory LED lights
Sponsored