First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
My Morimoto XB come on almost simultaneously, there is a very, very slight delay with the driver side. I can't even see it in the video, but in slow-mo the all 3 passenger lights come on, before any on the driver side do.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Onemig

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
May I ask what issue are you having with them?
The headlights were not working properly

My message to them:

“Hi,

I bought a set of CB headlights for my 2022 Ford Ranger. Upon receiving the package, inspected and tested the headlight. 2 things I noticed that prevented me from installing the light and decided to contact Morimoto first.

1. The DRL harness is missing
2. The driver side headlight has an issue. When using either the hazard lights or the left turn signal, the inner most LED projector lights up and the middle LED projector flickers. This happens together with the turn signal.”

They said the issue is because the lights only work properly while the engine is on. Funny they mentioned this since I stated at the beginning of my email that my package did not come with the DRL harness.

I decided to have them ship me the DRL harness, and test the headlights again once the harness arrived.

The headlights are now installed together with the DRL harness and it is working as intended, key point being that it works properly while the engine is running and DRL harness attached. W/o the engine running, I was still having some minor hiccups, although not as much vs. when the DRL harness was missing.

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
The headlights are now installed together with the DRL harness and it is working as intended, key point being that it works properly while the engine is running and DRL harness attached. W/o the engine running, I was still having some minor hiccups, although not as much vs. when the DRL harness was missing.
I have the same behavior on mine but since I bought them from someone else I can not go through their support.

My truck went into limp mode twice and both times it was left off with the hazards on for about 5-10 minutes. Saw another member on here mention that the lights trying to go through the startup sequence and shutting off in the middle of it is probably generating error codes. Dealer never asked or said anything about the lights but they did replace one of the control modules.

I'm somewhat tempted to just strip them of their controller and just do it myself. If they ever give me a hard time that'll be the way forward.

I might also try to use Forscan to change the DRL to be the turn signals to see if they can't be amber DRLs.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I had some similar issues with mine, when I first installed them but marked it up to;

1) Installing the RTR grille & lights at the same time. They are connected in series to the headlight harness.

2) Being in Canada, my lights are all automatic. The only control the headlight switch offers, is to turn parking or headlights on when it's daytime. My DRL come on when ever the truck is running. My headlights, tail lights and running lights come on automatically at dusk, whether my switch is in the off, on or automatic position. The only way to turn them off is to put the truck in park, then apply the parking brake. Or at least this was all true wth factory Lariat lights and no RTR grille lights.

The video above shows testing with the truck running in park. DRL come on when my lights are set to off. When I turn to running lights, the DRL dim and the RTR grille lights come on with the marker and tail lights. That is how everything should function. The next day when I was out on the road, I had my lights off, so it only should have been DRL, but in a reflection I noticed the RTR lights were on as well. After some playing I found that in park, they work as prescribed, but in gear, the XB DRL dim to running lights, and my RTR lights come on.

I disconnected the DRL harness, and had the flickering/extra headlight issues, so I re-connected it and was just going to accept it for what it was. Then while making Forscan changes to my tire size, I noticed DRL settings and one of them was "running lights on with DRL", which was set to on (weird because my running lights didn't come on with my original Lariat DRL). I turned that off, and now my DRL stay at full brightness during the day, but now my RTR lights come on as soon as I start my truck too.

Also my headlights are now not automatic when I'm in the off position. At night I can now have just DRL and RTR lights on, with headlights, running lights and tail lights all controlled by the switch.

Wes.harris07

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CVL manager
I purchased a set of XB headlights but now I’m thinking that the $1100 can be used for something else since I have the lariat headlights and the pics I saw posted looked pretty similar. Might be a little brighter. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
The Morimoto headlights produce a great amount of light. Compared to the OEM LED's, a bit brighter but they also feature the sequential turn signals and a super modern look.

All Morimoto headlights, third brake lights, fog lights and side markers are currently marked down 20% during the Black Friday sale.

Phone ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Website ---->>>>
OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

61696.19_Ford_Ranger_XB_LED_Headlights.100.jpg

61696.19_Ford_Ranger_XB_LED_Headlights.110.jpg

61696.19_Ford_Ranger_XB_LED_Headlights.120.jpg

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If I had to do it again, I would have purchased some Lariat lights. I wouldn't bother with the swap.
Sponsored