First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Should have bought a manual shift, probably stop her from wanting to drive it.
? Seeing as she's only 5' tall I could add a lift and 35's and she won't be able to climb inside. ?
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
? Seeing as she's only 5' tall I could add a lift and 35's and she won't be able to climb inside. ?
Be careful you don't lift it so high that YOU can't get in it either!
That'd be hard to explain! ;)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Be careful you don't lift it so high that YOU can't get in it either!
That'd be hard to explain! ;)
That's an easy solution.....I can add power steps and not tell her about it. ? :D

PowerStep.jpg

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dave look at this awesome jeep safety feature I just noticed. When the wheel comes off while going down the road and flies through somebody’s living room window, there’s a little picture on the wheel so you know which vehicle its supposed to go too ha ha!!

BC9EB8C4-1442-465B-9F5F-377BE3E45DE0.jpeg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks, that’s good to know Kent. I know comfort is subjective and I’ll have about 4 months before leaving. Maybe we’ll take a weekend trip up to Sedona or Flagstaff to get a better idea on the ride comfort. It’s only a couple hour drive but in my Tacoma my back would be aching by the time we got there.
Dave, one of the best things I've bought for my Jeep was the Hot Head headliner with the assassin sounds strips for my hard top. It quiets things, and insolates the cabin from extreme temp changes. If you decide that you like the idea of the liners I recommend you also buy the liners for the side panels of the top. I've found the KO's on the Rubi are much quieter than I thought, and they handle well at speed. The only thing I see that may make a trip uncomfortable in the 2 door would be the shorter wheel base. But as you say, comfort is subjective to the driver and passenger, and what they fine uncomfortable. We've taken our 4 door on a 5K+ mile road trip, and found the seats to be quite comfortable. YMMV

BTW, that's a good looking Rubi you have there. Congratulations, and enjoy.

Last edited:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, one of the best things I've bought for my Jeep was the Hot Head headliner with the assassin sounds strips for my hard top. It quiets things, and insolates the cabin from extreme temp changes. If you decide that you like the idea of the liners I recommend you also buy the liners for the side panels of the top. I've found the KO's on the Rubi are much quieter than I thought, and they handle well at speed. The only thing I see that may make a trip uncomfortable in the 2 door would be the shorter wheel base. But as you say, comfort is subjective to the driver and passenger, and what they fine uncomfortable. We've taken our 4 door on a 5K+ mile road trip, and found the seats to be quite comfortable. YMMV

BTW, that's a good looking Rubi you have there. Congratulations, and enjoy.
Jim, With the heat here that's already high on my list to buy. I wasn't sure about doing to hardtop and sides but since you said it makes a big difference I'll most likely do those too. I'm going to try and drive it as much as possible between now and the time we leave. Maybe even take a day trip up to Flagstaff which is about a 2 hour drive. I couldn't stand that drive in my Tacoma so if I'm comfortable in the Jeep I should be good to go.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm starting to think that Ford hired some marketing types from the Microsoft Windows teams.

All you hear is...

It has all these new features and it's gonna be GREAT when you get it!!!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim, With the heat here that's already high on my list to buy. I wasn't sure about doing to hardtop and sides but since you said it makes a big difference I'll most likely do those too. I'm going to try and drive it as much as possible between now and the time we leave. Maybe even take a day trip up to Flagstaff which is about a 2 hour drive. I couldn't stand that drive in my Tacoma so if I'm comfortable in the Jeep I should be good to go.
I really think you will be surprised at the ride, and drive of the new JL Jeeps, I was. And don't forget, check and adjust the psi in the tires. If it's to high the Jeep will drive like a rudderless ship. That I know from experience. :)

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Ahhh haaa! The footprints on the sliders are from ChilJL. I told him to duck you while he was there taking pics for you.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ahhh haaa! The footprints on the sliders are from ChilJL. I told him to duck you while he was there taking pics for you.
Better not be any ducks in my Jeep when it arrives! :mad:

No Ducks!.gif

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Finally heard from the transporter today. They've been delayed with the storms on the east coast but will be picking it up tomorrow and will be here Monday or Tuesday. I had one of the guys on the JL forum take some better pictures for me, he was there today picking his up

The new sliders I bought I had them directly shipped to the dealer. They were only charging me $65.00 for the instal and for that price it wasn't worth messing with them. Plus the neighbors kids wouldn't hear a bunch of new swear words echoing from my garage. ?:lipssealed:

PXL_20220120_182256607.jpg

PXL_20220120_182304587.jpg

PXL_20220120_182311065.jpg

PXL_20220120_182322515.jpg
What are you paying for the transport? Debating if I want to fly in and pick up my ranger from Granger ford(Iowa back to CA) is 1700 miles