First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Chris. Hopefully there's an adventure to tell and not another "Jeep loyalty...yeah right" thread in the future. :(

We're so looking forward to the trip back from IA going to Badlands, Mt. Rushmore and a whole bunch of others along the way. I'm just hoping it doesn't come in to early as it'll be way to cold (for me) in all those states we're going to. ?
Dave, one thing I have found is that Jeep owners are ready to help with anything they can. They love to talk "Jeep". I have yet to find a Jeep owner that didn't want to answer my questions. Oh, and BTW, start practicing your best "Jeep Wave". There's so many Jeeps out there you can get carpel tunnel if you use too much wrist. I usually leave my hand on the steering wheel, and just throw up the index, and middle finger. It easy, and works as good as any. lol

Jeep wave.jpg
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That mister bottle works great when you need just a fine mist and don't want to splash everything in sight. It's a little slower putting the product on but it saves you time from re-cleaning other areas you'd hit with a regular spray bottle.

:turkey:They have some really good daily specials.

https://www.detailedimage.com
Well shit Dave, you've gone and done it now. I'm blaming you when the wife gets on my ass for ordering more clean up stuff, as she calls it. If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me. :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :bandit: :piggybank:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, one thing I have found is that Jeep owners are ready to help with anything they can. They love to talk "Jeep". I have yet to find a Jeep owner that didn't want to answer my questions. Oh, and BTW, start practicing your best "Jeep Wave". There's so many Jeeps out there you can get carpel tunnel if you use too much wrist. I usually leave my hand on the steering wheel, and just throw up the index, and middle finger. It easy, and works as good as any. lol

Jeep wave.jpg
That's not going to happen. lol When I rode street bike it was the same, every darn bike you'd pass they'd wave. It was fun at first but got annoying real quick. Besides I have tunnel vision when I drive and hardly notice my friends when they wave to me. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On the order confirmation near the bottom, it says $1595 for 4 additional gal of gas?(just yanking your chain)
Alex pointed it out to me. I guess I was more tired than I thought as that one went right over my head. lol When I first got the quote back I saw that too and realized the line items didn't line up with the price....Thank God. :shock:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That's not going to happen. lol When I rode street bike it was the same, every darn bike you'd pass they'd wave. It was fun at first but got annoying real quick. Besides I have tunnel vision when I drive and hardly notice my friends when they wave to me. ?

Oh believe me I understand. I have the Jeep, and the Corvette. I wave at Jeeps when one waves first, because there are so many of the things on the road. I used to wave first, but it seemed like every corner I was waving. With the Vette it's an odd occurance if you see 2 on the road all day. :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well it's official, I received my VIN today so now the waiting starts. I actually hope it doesn't come in to early because our trip back would be in the cold and snow and that's not happening. Granger will have to hold it until it's at least in the 70's. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's official, I received my VIN today so now the waiting starts. I actually hope it doesn't come in to early because our trip back would be in the cold and snow and that's not happening. Granger will have to hold it until it's at least in the 70's. ?
So what the cluck cluck cluck ?,

got a new car, but too cold out....send Jeeves to get it...talk about Hollywood first world problems!!????

just giving you grief man, you beat the boogeyman "C", get on with your bad self:sun:

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
That will be about June in Iowa...

A few years ago I had to be in Wisconsin the first of May for a wedding. I got snowed on!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That will be about June in Iowa...

A few years ago I had to be in Wisconsin the first of May for a wedding. I got snowed on!
Yeah but WI gets like one week of summer don't they? lol ?

The weather changes out that way daily and I'm expecting it to be cold and I'll just have to deal with it.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
A little more than that. I was in Madison, that is only about 100 miles further north than Granger. Admittedly that was a cold spring that year. Then again I remember one year (when I still lived up there) riding home from Freeport IL with my new motorcycle in the snow the last week in April. In that area snow in March is common and April is less common, but happens.

I love it down here, been here just over 30 years. No regrets at all.

Edit: Then again you will be driving a Jeep. Why would you care about a little snow? Enjoy the trip. I have fond memories of my 99 TJ, had it for 19 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This right here tells me my decision to go with the Jeep was a good one. Here's a member who just received his new Bronco 4 days ago and the new (supposedly fixed) MIC hardtop is already having issues. It's starting to pull apart at the seams and there's some honeycombing going on just like the first ones did. Ford should win best Jeep salesman of the year! ?

MIC Hardtop 2.0.jpg

MIC 2.jpg

MIC3.jpg

Here's another members brand new hardtop. :mad:

MIC Hardtop Seam.gif

Another one from the dealers lot. Quality is job 1! :facepalm:

MIC 2.0 Falling Apart.jpg

Last edited:

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I would want to vomit if that my my new car. That sucks. In other good to me news, my Gladiator has been assigned a build date of 11/24. Hopefully it does in fact get built around that time as it would be nice to get this thing by January.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
ummm. more resin and wrap some of those wovings around the end. looks like they do a rough mold and then just cut it off. not going to stay together if the fibres arent wet enough
I agree but Ford said they took care of these issues? This is not a Webasto problem anymore as Ford went into their factory and took over when the first hardtops had these same problems. The first ones are from a customer here in AZ and is only after 4 days of ownership and it's not even hot here anymore. Can you imagine what I'll look like after 4 days in 110 heat? :facepalm:

I can see more recalls and more delays coming soon. Ford is going to lose a whole bunch of money on this failed project!

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Yeah but WI gets like one week of summer don't they? lol ?

The weather changes out that way daily and I'm expecting it to be cold and I'll just have to deal with it.
We have two seasons here: Winter, and Highway Construction.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee