First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats Dave! I'm glad Granger came through for you.
Thanks Jim! I know we were all talking about it in the other thread from Granger and they really do make it very easy and no BS. It's nice that there's still some honest dealers out there even if you have to travel a bit to get to them.
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Thanks Jim! I know we were all talking about it in the other thread from Granger and they really do make it very easy and no BS. It's nice that there's still some honest dealers out there even if you have to travel a bit to get to them.
Hmm, I wonder how far they ship? ?

world_map-copy.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I have a quote from Granger on a 2022 Ranger XLT FX4. I am ready to jump on it, but my wife is not budging yet. She wants me to wait until we see what the 2023 redesign really looks like. I hate to admit it, but she does have a point.

BTW, I asked Chapman Ford if they were willing to order 2022 Ranger XLT FX4 for the X-Plan price. Haha, their initial response was F--- No! Then they called back and said they would sell one for the X-Plan price + $1,800 for dealer adds – desert protection package, tint, alarm, door edge guards, nitrogen in the tires. I rejected that offer.

If I could get her to change her mind, I think I would be placing an order with Granger.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Well the destination fee doesn't say US only. ?

Alex, do you ever come back to TN?
? Not anymore, it cost to much just to visit. I cannot describe how much I miss home, its a deep gut wrenching feeling when I think about it. Going there and then coming back would be to hard. I still have an active address and Bank though. I dont want to force my wife away from her place and her family. The only family I have left is my Mom and Dad. They are coming to visit me in December if Covid allows it here. I wish they could bring food, I would place about $20,000 order and they would need another plane.:crackup:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have a quote from Granger on a 2022 Ranger XLT FX4. I am ready to jump on it, but my wife is not budging yet. She wants me to wait until we see what the 2023 redesign really looks like. I hate to admit it, but she does have a point.

BTW, I asked Chapman Ford if they were willing to order 2022 Ranger XLT FX4 for the X-Plan price. Haha, their initial response was F--- No! Then they called back and said they would sell one for the X-Plan price + $1,800 for dealer adds – desert protection package, tint, alarm, door edge guards, nitrogen in the tires. I rejected that offer.

If I could get her to change her mind, I think I would be placing an order with Granger.
I was lucky when I found my Ranger, they did have ADM's but I got them to take them off. With the Bronco and the Jeep no one is willing to deal around here.

One thing to keep in mind and it may not matter to you is usually first year runs have issues. Some more than others but something to keep in mind. I would jump on the 2022 and wait until the second year of the redesign.

With the way things are going one of two things could happen. I don't see these shortages going away anytime soon so you get the '22 and enjoy it for a couple years and trade/sell it for a high price for the Gen6. Ford may decide to stay with this allocation system and it could still hurt smaller dealers like Granger. I know their numbers are increasing with these specials but they might still be low compared to these mega lot dealers. Tough decision. ?‍♂

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
? Not anymore, it cost to much just to visit. I cannot describe how much I miss home, its a deep gut wrenching feeling when I think about it. Going there and then coming back would be to hard. I still have an active address and Bank though. I dont want to force my wife away from her place and her family. The only family I have left is my Mom and Dad. They are coming to visit me in December if Covid allows it here. I wish they could bring food, I would place about $20,000 order and they would need another plane.:crackup:
That's to bad, it's got to be hard wanting to come back but you can't. :( Hopefully your parents get to come out there so at least that will fill the void and you guys get to spend time together.

If they don't bring you enough food let me know. I'll see if I can can Door Dash or Uber Eats to make a special delivery for ya. ?????

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
That's to bad, it's got to be hard wanting to come back but you can't. :( Hopefully your parents get to come out there so at least that will fill the void and you guys get to spend time together.

If they don't bring you enough food let me know. I'll see if I can can Door Dash or Uber Eats to make a special delivery for ya. ?????
I called and ordered Outback, but once I gave the address they said WTF :oops: so I guess that ment no delivery.
Whats funny, the Air force in Iraq had a Burger King and Taco Bell. they also had air conditioned buildings :mad:

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I was lucky when I found my Ranger, they did have ADM's but I got them to take them off. With the Bronco and the Jeep no one is willing to deal around here.

One thing to keep in mind and it may not matter to you is usually first year runs have issues. Some more than others but something to keep in mind. I would jump on the 2022 and wait until the second year of the redesign.

With the way things are going one of two things could happen. I don't see these shortages going away anytime soon so you get the '22 and enjoy it for a couple years and trade/sell it for a high price for the Gen6. Ford may decide to stay with this allocation system and it could still hurt smaller dealers like Granger. I know their numbers are increasing with these specials but they might still be low compared to these mega lot dealers. Tough decision. ?‍♂
I agree with you on not buying a first year. I just want to see what the redesign really looks like and what motor(s) options Ford is offering. LOL, I have no doubts that my wife would totally be content with me driving my Tacoma until ’24 or ’25 before replacing it.

You and I can agree that buying a 2022 now for a good price and selling it for a high price for a Gen6 is not a bad idea. There is no way I could ever convince my wife of that though. She is a Dave Ramsey disciple to the n’th degree and would argue until the end that it is a better financial move to keep the Tacoma and gamble on the reliability. Of course, this logic only applies to my car. If her Mercedes broke down and left her needing a tow, she would lose it! If it did it a second time, I would be informed that we are going car shopping.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I agree with you on not buying a first year. I just want to see what the redesign really looks like and what motor(s) options Ford is offering. LOL, I have no doubts that my wife would totally be content with me driving my Tacoma until ’24 or ’25 before replacing it.

You and I can agree that buying a 2022 now for a good price and selling it for a high price for a Gen6 is not a bad idea. There is no way I could ever convince my wife of that though. She is a Dave Ramsey disciple to the n’th degree and would argue until the end that it is a better financial move to keep the Tacoma and gamble on the reliability. Of course, this logic only applies to my car. If her Mercedes broke down and left her needing a tow, she would lose it! If it did it a second time, I would be informed that we are going car shopping.
I do see her point too and it's good she's like that financially. But sometimes (myself included) people get to hung up on saving and don't enjoy themselves . This is so unlike me to buy another vehicle as I'm usually pretty "thrifty" with money. Getting closer to retirement I fell like it's time to splurge a little after all these years of hard work and saving. If I couldn't write it off I'd probably wait and procrastinate it more until the prices were higher and then I couldn't justify it. lol As my good friend Jim @wanted33 would say "You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse". :wink:

? Maybe you could pull a plug wire a couple times to convince her your Tacoma's on the fritz? :giggle:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm not holding my breath on that time frame. One thing that Jeep does (and all the rest should too) is prioritize customer orders BEFORE dealer stock. I heard this from 4 different dealers so here's to hoping it arrives before my Bronco does. ?

The Ranger is staying put right here for the time being. I still have more victims customers to convert ahemmm...AL @Texasota . ?Thankfully most of the newbies seem to have done their homework and pre-read the forum and already added one to theirs. :like:
Well, I mean guess what Ford now does (at least according to EVERY Ford radio commercial I hear these days) is prioritize customer orders over dealer stock lol. One radio ad even says "pay less for your new Ford by ordering it than what you will pay off the dealer lot!"

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I do see her point too and it's good she's like that financially. But sometimes (myself included) people get to hung up on saving and don't enjoy themselves . This is so unlike me to buy another vehicle as I'm usually pretty "thrifty" with money. Getting closer to retirement I fell like it's time to splurge a little after all these years of hard work and saving. If I couldn't write it off I'd probably wait and procrastinate it more until the prices were higher and then I couldn't justify it. lol As my good friend Jim @wanted33 would say "You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse". :wink:

? Maybe you could pull a plug wire a couple times to convince her your Tacoma's on the fritz? :giggle:
You've learned well Grasshopper. I hoping the last check written from my account is to the funeral home, and it will bounce back like a rubber ball. :)

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4

LOL! Good points. Yes the reality of one big repair bill on the Tacoma would not go over well.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks Tracy. I'm confused by the gas part? :crazy: Sorry, I'm tired and had to work today. lol
On the order confirmation near the bottom, it says $1595 for 4 additional gal of gas?(just yanking your chain)

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
On the order confirmation near the bottom, it says $1595 for 4 additional gal of gas?(just yanking your chain)
Hey that's better than CA prices??!!;)
Sponsored