First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
What rpm are you guys taking the little 2.3 ,with my tune n drive I’m getting a little over 6000rpm’s
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What rpm are you guys taking the little 2.3 ,with my tune n drive I’m getting a little over 6000rpm’s
I have a very fast mustang. It hits 6000 rpm frequently. My truck rarely sees anything over 3500 rpm.

Pickup trucks are so slow relative to actual fast cars, even with a tune, so I just focus on doing truck things and leave the speed to the purpose built sports car. I like to play the mpg game Ford so thoughtfully installed on the center console menu.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
You can be the tester....just put it in park and floor the gas pedal....see how high the rpm's go, and how long you can keep them up before "There She Blows" !!!!

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I have a very fast mustang. It hits 6000 rpm frequently. My truck rarely sees anything over 3500 rpm.

Pickup trucks are so slow relative to actual fast cars, even with a tune, so I just focus on doing truck things and leave the speed to the purpose built sports car. I like to play the mpg game Ford so thoughtfully installed on the center console menu.
This.

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Now if you are asking if any of us have raised the rev limited in the ECU, I'm in the 'no' camp on that one. There's nothing up there to be gained with the stock setup since it is optimized for midrange torque. Maybe with a different turbo/intake/exhaust you'd see gains with a raised limiter, but this engine really isn't set up for that.

I don't much go in for 'bragging rights' I bought the truck to do work, and it does that just fine, if I wanted a race car, I'll buy/build a race car, that's not really what street-driven trucks are for in my mind. (Not saying I won't ever tune it. Another 40-50hp would make towing duty a bit easier, but I'm in no rush)

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Only as high as the PCM would allow under full throttle.

OP
OP

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
So when you guys go with a aftermarket tune,you still don’t rev it to the limit? What’s the point of buying the tune then?

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
So when you guys go with a aftermarket tune,you still don’t rev it to the limit? What’s the point of buying the tune then?
I can't speak for other forum members but I personally don't like the Idea of sending piston #3 to the moon.
Sponsored