First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
That's your truck. All vehicles, locations, Temps will vary. Your unleashed tune seems kinda low compared to other tuners. Honestly
Really.? This is the same truck 93 octane (STOCK) tuned by Unleashed, show me one with more Torque …
1638656669804.jpeg
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
The fuel economies in that test were basically identical between the higher and lower octane. We're talking 99+ percent similar efficiencies in every test with the exception of one where lower octane edged out the higher by about 4%
Yup you are agreeing with my point that the gasoline efficiency does not make up for cost difference... I said specifically it's for power output difference... Unless I am mistaken at where the debate is currently at... .7 seconds faster to 80 mph is a pretty big difference if the person is into power, if not then just keep running 87..

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
while i appreciate the data for this truck, it is different than our Ranger in many areas, and therefor the data cant 100% be transferred.
One thing that I note while browsing the data...the fuel mileage gains are negligible, and then when compared to running in S or Tow, the fuel mileage goes the other way, negligibly as well. Seems to cancel itself out if you were run higher octane and rip around in sport. You'd done yourself no service except pay more for fuel. But then again, I'm talking out my ass because the F150 ecoboost is not our Ranger ecoboost.
Yup you agree with me as well then about cost per mileage being more efficient with 87.... I was specifically stating the power advantages of premium. It is clearly there, .7 seconds faster 0-80 is big.

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
HP was temperature related, 110 degrees in the Dyno room.
Isn't Fla like super humid too? Maybe that could have played a part in the whp. Most dyno's I've seen on 93 octane are around 305 whp. Your wtq is amazing though

Reactions: Doc

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
What’s your point? my focus RS makes 350hp stock at the crank with the 2.3.. the EB mustang makes 320hp with premium fuel. Not all the 2.3’s are are not the same!

Who said 300 whp? 300 hp @ Crank! Look at the Bronco Premium fuel vs reg fuel stock numbers. I feel like the forum is behind on times. Apparently fb pages is with it more.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Rangers make advertised 270 @ crank with premium fuel. Dyno proves this. If you don’t believe it then I don’t know what to tell you ?

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Rangers make advertised 270 @ crank with premium fuel. Dyno proves this. If you don’t believe it then I don’t know what to tell you ?
Sure bud. Apparently you're not apart of any fb pages because it's already been proven that on reg it dyno's around what the factory numbers are and more on premium. Obviously the Rs's have a totally different tune. A tuned Ranger makes slightly more than a RS. Rangers make 300 hp with premium! So you're trying to tell me the rated 270 crank on premium stock and there's zero drivetrain loss? GTFO dude!????

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Add another to The ignore list. Lol. Some people think they know it all…??

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I’m sure the tuning strategies are in fact different.

has anyone confirmed that the bronco motor is tuned the same or differently from our ranger from the factory?
I know the numbers immediately had some boners here, but i never saw anyone confirm if there were changes in the computer to get those numbers

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Weather plays hell with performance here in the southeast during the summer. Straight swamp ass here. Lol. Right now it’s cool to cold and BOOST WEATHER!! Lol.
yes and i saw that, but how repeatable is that?
one test isnt convincing me yet.
I can go out today and rip a whole bunch of 0-80 runs and never be consistent enough to make that claim

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
i'm too lazy to find them...would you mind?
Here's a 5star... Obviously it's more than 270 crank if it's making 263 whp. The ranger drivetrain loss is typically around 15% So that obviously makes more than 270 Crank like oem states. Not the first time Ford 2.3 turbo engines are under rated. My long ago previous Speed3 was under rated as well. (Yes it was a Ford engine, it had Fomoco all over it)

2019-ford-ranger-dyno-results.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Weather plays hell with performance here in the southeast during the summer. Straight swamp ass here. Lol. Right now it’s cool to cold and BOOST WEATHER!! Lol.

It does the same here. When I first got my tune it was August and 110 outside. Sure it made a difference from stock but boy what a difference once it cooled off. This time of year with the cooler weather it feels like a 30hp gain and way more responsive.?
Sponsored