Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Those that have an nGuage Tuner, how do you like it, pros/cons?
Also, Questions and Answers welcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fish

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Roush Tune loaded but bought an nGuage so I can c different data that can be collected thru the OBD II port & also can record different data using the nGuage. It has been working out well. I even found that u can use 1 of the guage positions 2 b able 2 view current gear position, which I find myself glancing at frequently. Maybe not the most cost effective way 2 go but I have found does work 4 that purpose quite well.
1 Question, I have is when I do data log some info, when u pull the data up in a spreadsheet, it also gives u a column that has a header stating TIME. Does anyone know what this Time column is referring to, Seconds, Tenths of Seconds ?
Thanks 4 any help.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the NGauge with 5Star tunes from Stage3. Are you guys using the suction cup window mount or install it somewhere else? It looks like TFL Trucks used the window mount in this video but can't tell for sure:

OP
OP
Fish

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the NGauge with 5Star tunes from Stage3. Are you guys using the suction cup window mount or install it somewhere else? It looks like TFL Trucks used the window mount in this video but can't tell for sure:

Yes, I did get the mount that has the suction cup for the window but I have had it come off a couple times. The mount itself is a nice mount but holding the window is the issue I have had. I even tried to clean the window very good b4 putting it on. I think I am going to use that mount but turn it into a screw mount and then it should be good.
Roger

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

I have the NGauge with 5Star tunes and its mounted to my windshield. I have it as far to the left and bottom of the windshield as possible, and it only came loose once, but I didn't have it attached well. Hasn't loosened since.

Sigtau125

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat fx4
Occupation
Medical technologist
I have the NGauge with 5Star tunes and its mounted to my windshield. I have it as far to the left and bottom of the windshield as possible, and it only came loose once, but I didn't have it attached well. Hasn't loosened since.
How did you run the ngauge cable?

OP
OP
Fish

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase

How did you run the ngauge cable?
I ended up getting a housing that the
nGauge fit into from Amazon, got a board & shaped a wooden piece 2 fit into the recessed area of the dash. Painted it black, used velcro 2 fasten it in 2 ad in removal & then screwed the housing 4 the nGauge onto it. So far, it has worked out good. Sort of like the old school tach mounting.
For now I just have the cable running around the dash/steering column. But I would like 2 drill an access thru the dash pocket, @ the nGauge & route it inside 2 the obdII port out of sight.
I'm not sure how 2 remove the tray that forms the pocket in the dash yet so I'm waiting 2 figure that out b4 drilling the hole 2 run cable. If anyone can help me out with this info it would b greatly appreciated.

20200530_131227.jpg
20200530_131742.jpg
Sponsored