First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So as I am sure most people here including myself would like the option of a bigger fuel tank for offroad adventures or perhaps you dont want to stop as much on the road. Currently I am in the works with a company from Australia to get such to happen. Prices on the fuel tanks would be unknown at this time but if we can get enough support I'm sure we can get a nice group buy too happen. I want your input on this guys!! Lets make this a possible thing!!
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
it depends on size. what i would like to see is fuel tank on passenger side to offset my fat behind. will it be easy swap all needed parts in a kit? i would love 500 mile range in a vehicle

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The plan is to make the swap easy. As for an offset tank on the passenger side can't happen due to the exhaust location. Also the size for the Australian Rangers is 140L or about 37 gallons for the replacement tank. Due to the US ranger having the EVAP canister on the fuel tank the size of the tank will most likely be smaller but it is unknown as to how much.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
So as I am sure most people here including myself would like the option of a bigger fuel tank for offroad adventures or perhaps you dont want to stop as much on the road. Currently I am in the works with a company from Australia to get such to happen. Prices on the fuel tanks would be unknown at this time but if we can get enough support I'm sure we can get a nice group buy too happen. I want your input on this guys!! Lets make this a possible thing!!
I’d consider one for sure! Perhaps 2 choices of tanks. 24 gallon and a 35 gallon. ?

Last edited:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I have some interest.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The new Rangers needs duel fuel tanks like my 1983 Ranger had. I could go for ever on both tanks.
Something to remember, we have a 19 gallon tank in our trucks. With my setup I can average about 24 as long as I can keep a good steady throttle(and not have to deal with idiots on the road). Chances are the new tank will be close to 35 or 36 gallons which is close to double the size. With just 30 gallons I could go 720 miles if the conditions were met.

Phatpossom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd Crew
Occupation
Meat Cutter
I could go for less stops at the gas station
Edit: Would this affect skid plate placements?

Last edited:

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
You have my attention. Very curious about install difficulty and price point.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying that I want to be an investor on this particular project, but the prospect of aftermarket Ranger tanks, either a larger one to replace the current one, or an add-on "double" tank would be very interesting. Our current c. 19 gallons does not get us very far, and it would be great to make fewer stops at gas stations. As Chris says above, if we could get up to around 30 gallons and 700 miles per tank(s), that would be awesome, especially for road-trips, vacation travel, etc.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
To be honest I'd be interested in simply a 26 gal tank (size I had in my old F150).

That would get me 600 miles on a tank with a bit to spare on the open road. I'd be happy with that.

BUT I must ask...would this involve removing the bed of the truck? If so then I'd probably just admire from afar. :p
Sponsored