Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My fuel tank pressure sensor has to be replaced on my 2019 Ford Ranger and is on backorder. My question is can I safely drive my truck until the sensor is replaced?
Sponsored

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
My fuel tank pressure sensor has to be replaced on my 2019 Ford Ranger and is on backorder. My question is can I safely drive my truck until the sensor is replaced?
From Dr. Google:

If you step on the gas pedal and notice a lack of acceleration, then it could be due to the fuel pressure sensor. If the sensor is bad, then it will interfere with the air and fuel ratio. This will cause a noticeable loss of power from your vehicle as you're driving.May 27, 2020

OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
They released it to me today and said I could use it. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar issues because I'm a little wary about using it with a sensor working improperly.

BassMaster21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Same issue happen to me on the 4th when entering a highway ramp my check engine light came on. Dealer said early August for a new sensor. I've put 1000 miles on it since with no issues. I have been trying to take it easy until I get the sensor though.

OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Update on this thread: My dealership put a emergency order on the sensor and replaced it 2 weeks ago. It took most of the day for the repair, but I'm happy with the service.

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
My CEL went on a month ago. This happened after an oil change several months ago and it lasted a few days. Now it stays on.
Brought her in 2 weeks ago and was diagnosed with a faulty fuel sensor as well. I was told it was ok to drive, but noticed slight power loss on acceleration.
Dealer just got the replacement in and is replacing it as I type this. Hoping for a clean fix and restoration of power.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
My CEL went on a month ago. This happened after an oil change several months ago and it lasted a few days. Now it stays on.
Brought her in 2 weeks ago and was diagnosed with a faulty fuel sensor as well. I was told it was ok to drive, but noticed slight power loss on acceleration.
Dealer just got the replacement in and is replacing it as I type this. Hoping for a clean fix and restoration of power.
?

OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My fuel tank pressure sensor has to replaced once again. It was replaced in July and once again the light has come and the dealership is telling me it's the same issue. So, now I have to wait for the sensor to come in, which probably will not be any time soon. Not very happy here.

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
My fuel tank pressure sensor has to replaced once again. It was replaced in July and once again the light has come and the dealership is telling me it's the same issue. So, now I have to wait for the sensor to come in, which probably will not be any time soon. Not very happy here.
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, and now fearing the worst after mine was just replaced. It took about 10 days to get the part in and a little less than 2 and a half hours to install. I had to nearly empty the tank before taking my Ranger to the dealer shop. They told me it would be easier for them if I did.

OP
OP
Olga

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, and now fearing the worst after mine was just replaced. It took about 10 days to get the part in and a little less than 2 and a half hours to install. I had to nearly empty the tank before taking my Ranger to the dealer shop. They told me it would be easier for them if I did.
They placed the order for mine 2 weeks ago but it hasn't shipped yet.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Where do this sensor connect? On top of the fuel pump assembly or somewhere else on the fuel tank? I have a fuel cell I want to use and the goal is to not have a CEL.
Sponsored