got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Thank you so much. Thought maybe I had a bad tuner.
Yeah, just follow instructions. Once plugged in you get a menu, one line item is Programming. They are all in there.
Sponsored

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine have taken a few tries to get them to initially show up in the tuner.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Been driving the 91-93 softer shift performance tune all week. (Except today, home sick as shit). It is all around awesome. Shifts so much better than stock. And the available power is amazing! I swear I use much less throttle in normal driving. Looks like I may be getting a slight boost in MPG as well. For me it only took about a couple of hundred miles for the shifting to settle in nicely. WHY DID I WAIT? I know why, I took my time and researched the hell out of such a drastic (and expensive) mod, to the point I felt comfortable about it.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Been driving the 91-93 softer shift performance tune all week. (Except today, home sick as shit). It is all around awesome. Shifts so much better than stock. And the available power is amazing! I swear I use much less throttle in normal driving. Looks like I may be getting a slight boost in MPG as well. For me it only took about a couple of hundred miles for the shifting to settle in nicely. WHY DID I WAIT? I know why, I took my time and researched the hell out of such a drastic (and expensive) mod, to the point I felt comfortable about it.
Does the soft shift tune still skip gears?

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
yes, not too worried about it.
Thanks for the reply. I mainly do not like when the truck gets hung up on a gear then double shifts and you can feel/hear it. Has done it downshifting but mainly upshifting.

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Many thanks to everyone with the help with the tuner. Plugged it into the truck and uploaded the tune smoothly then adjusted the tire size and wow wow wow what a difference. Who would have known that a 4 popper could run so good. The power is quite impressive. Put about 35 miles on it today and seems like the shifting is already settling in nicely. And does seem like I might end up with better mpg if I can keep my foot out of the turbo. Doesn't seem to need to downshift as much or as often on upgrades. Loving it so far!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Many thanks to everyone with the help with the tuner. Plugged it into the truck and uploaded the tune smoothly then adjusted the tire size and wow wow wow what a difference. Who would have known that a 4 popper could run so good. The power is quite impressive. Put about 35 miles on it today and seems like the shifting is already settling in nicely. And does seem like I might end up with better mpg if I can keep my foot out of the turbo. Doesn't seem to need to downshift as much or as often on upgrades. Loving it so far!!
It's the best mod you can do for the money. The shifting will actually get even better after about a tank or two.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes, the tune really wakes the truck up. Good luck keeping that foot out of it. :p

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Thanks for the reply. I mainly do not like when the truck gets hung up on a gear then double shifts and you can feel/hear it. Has done it downshifting but mainly upshifting.
It's barely noticeable with the tune.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
That is awesome. Another happy tuned customer. Which tune are you running?

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Running the 93 performance at the moment. Also have the roush cai and cat back. Loving this truck. Wasn't too sure if I'd like stepping into a mid size truck from full size but it's now made me a believer lol

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
So fill up after installing the tune. Computer MPG 26.4. Hand calculated 28.8. Probably just a fluke, but I am optimistic. Funny thing is that is the computer MPG is almost always higher than hand calculated previously. But I only put in about 6 gallons so probably not entirely accurate.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So fill up after installing the tune. Computer MPG 26.4. Hand calculated 28.8. Probably just a fluke, but I am optimistic. Funny thing is that is the computer MPG is almost always higher than hand calculated previously. But I only put in about 6 gallons so probably not entirely accurate.
Probably not, my mileage went up after installing the tune too. I get about 1-2 mpg better than before IF I can stay out of the boost. But we all bought the tune for SPG (Smiles Per Gallon) not Miles Per Gallon. ?

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Probably not, my mileage went up after installing the tune too. I get about 1-2 mpg better than before IF I can stay out of the boost. But we all bought the tune for SPG (Smiles Per Gallon) not Miles Per Gallon. ?
It sure seems like I don't need to give it as much throttle just tooling around town.
Sponsored