First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It sure seems like I don't need to give it as much throttle just tooling around town.
That's what's nice is you don't have to lay your foot into it to make power now. The transmission works much smoother too and the shifts are tighter so the lag is gone. Mine mpg is down a little this tank because I flashed back to the 91-93 performance tune and I've been having some fun with it. ?
Sponsored

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
That's what's nice is you don't have to lay your foot into it to make power now. The transmission works much smoother too and the shifts are tighter so the lag is gone. Mine mpg is down a little this tank because I flashed back to the 91-93 performance tune and I've been having some fun with it. ?
Well if my transmission shifting and cold start confusion doesn’t get fixed at my next appointment, I’m getting a tune. I don’t trust my old windows computer and my wife has a Mac so I may be borrowing g someone’s computer to do the install. Just mentally adding it to my long list of items to acquire. It’s depressing always adding to the list and never crossing anything off. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well if my transmission shifting and cold start confusion doesn’t get fixed at my next appointment, I’m getting a tune. I don’t trust my old windows computer and my wife has a Mac so I may be borrowing g someone’s computer to do the install. Just mentally adding it to my long list of items to acquire. It’s depressing always adding to the list and never crossing anything off. ?
Even if it gets fixed I'd still consider one at some point. It really does make a huge difference in the way the truck shifts and performs with one. Keep an eye out in the Members Marketplace as there's usually some up for sale often.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Even if it gets fixed I'd still consider one at some point. It really does make a huge difference in the way the truck shifts and performs with one. Keep an eye out in the Members Marketplace as there's usually some up for sale often.
Awesome. Will do. I’ll keep an eye out.

Reactions: Doc

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
The Livernois app looks like it belongs in Windows XP so your old computer might work just fine ?

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
The Livernois app looks like it belongs in Windows XP so your old computer might work just fine ?
Well that’s good to know. I’ve already slowly mentioned this to my wife so I’ll let it stew for awhile and let her subconscious normalize the idea of me getting a tune. I just drop little hits every so often and then slowly mention them more and more. It works. Now to go look at my Bilsteins suspension and leaf springs sitting in the garage waiting for install. ? She doesn’t understand truck upgrades but she doesn’t have to. Think I’m going to start waking up in the middle of the night to play recordings mentioning truck upgrades and let her subconscious listen. If you ever don’t hear from me you’ll know I’ve been caught in my scheme and probably buried somewhere in the woods.
1677115320923.gif

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Looks like when I asked to have ASS re-enabled, they made it enabled in sport mode as well. Going to have to email Livernois.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
So I thought Livernois tunes eliminated gear skip. Mine skips. I don't really care just curious. Also has ASS enabled in Sport mode.

Reactions: Doc

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
I have been in the I don't want a tune Camp but considering it more. My main concerns are: mileage, I get great mileage currently with my 4x2, any issues with annual emission checks, and any concern with the transmission handling the added power.

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Well, bought the tuner, and uploaded my file yesterday. I wasn't really sure what to ask for, nor real clear on what exactly they provide by default. I ended asking for towing, perf (87 and 91/93) and soft shift 91/93.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have been in the I don't want a tune Camp but considering it more. My main concerns are: mileage, I get great mileage currently with my 4x2, any issues with annual emission checks, and any concern with the transmission handling the added power.
Brian, we don't have to do emissions here on newer vehicles but IIRC it doesn't effect it if/when you have to. Livernois has been tuning these transmissions for years in the Mustang and F150 and I haven't heard anyone saying there's has issues from it. IMHO I feel it might help seeing as the transmission isn't always lugging now and shifts so much better.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
My mileage has increased with the tunes, assuming you can resist the urge to put the additional power to use...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Brian, In case you're interested a member just put his tuner up for sale today. You can buy his MyCal tuner and then have Livernois tune it to your Ranger for $200.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/livernois-mycalibrator-for-sale-unlocked.24076/#post-547045

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
So I thought Livernois tunes eliminated gear skip. Mine skips. I don't really care just curious. Also has ASS enabled in Sport mode.
The soft shift skips for sure. I think the performance and towing do not.

I went back to the SS after trying others.

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
don;'t know about you folks, but our emissions test consists of plugging in a OBDII reader to see if there are any exhaust or cat system codes. They do a pressure test on your gas cap.

they check for check engine lights that are exhaust related.

no codes - you pass.

Brian, we don't have to do emissions here on newer vehicles but IIRC it doesn't effect it if/when you have to. Livernois has been tuning these transmissions for years in the Mustang and F150 and I haven't heard anyone saying there's has issues from it. IMHO I feel it might help seeing as the transmission isn't always lugging now and shifts so much better.
Sponsored