First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Na
They also have an E30, that tube is dead serious awesome. Fun for a few tanks but went back to 91 since it’s all I can get. Man I wish pumps would just auto put out E30 haha
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
For those running ethanol blend tunes, how do you like it? I have the livernois e30 tune and might want to try it. Does anyone know what I need to be datalogging? Can torque pro do this?

I am purchasing a cheap fire tablet to dedicate in the ranger and having my obd2 sensor connected to it through bluetooth. I'm not sure if anyone knows but with the new android auto update it seems you can't use 3rd party apps anymore. I was using obd2aa in conjunction with torque pro and the obd2 sensor to have gauges on my sync display. Not anymore sadly.

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 1994 Miata K-swap
Occupation
Design Engineer/ Racecars
Updated to V4 93 Performance this weekend. It's a noticeable improvement, I was still on V1. More responsive, shifting feels great, power improvement. Overall feeling is more refined and smooth. Couldn't be happier with how they have worked on and improved their calibrations.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
For those of you flashing a new program in, do you also clear the trans tables and PCM after reflash?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
For those of you flashing a new program in, do you also clear the trans tables and PCM after reflash?
Livernois will do that already. It will throw the transmission into relearn mode right away.

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Updated to V4 93 Performance this weekend. It's a noticeable improvement, I was still on V1. More responsive, shifting feels great, power improvement. Overall feeling is more refined and smooth. Couldn't be happier with how they have worked on and improved their calibrations.
When did they have a update?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Updated to V4 93 Performance this weekend. It's a noticeable improvement...
When did they have a update?
Where can you see the version?

Do you see it when installing the tune?

Looking in the MyCalibrator software I can see the version of MyCalibrator and the version of the tuner, but not the version of the actual tune.

I guess it's a bit of a moot point for me since mine is not even installed and I likely won't be reinstalling it, but I do keep it up to date.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Where can you see the version?

Do you see it when installing the tune?

Looking in the MyCalibrator software I can see the version of MyCalibrator and the version of the tuner, but not the version of the actual tune.

I guess it's a bit of a moot point for me since mine is not even installed and I likely won't be reinstalling it, but I do keep it up to date.
You've got to look at the filenames of the tunes (you'll need to expand the window size/scroll to the right to see the v3/v4/etc).

Travis9935

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
They also have an E30, that tube is dead serious awesome. Fun for a few tanks but went back to 91 since it’s all I can get. Man I wish pumps would just auto put out E30 haha
They have E30 pumps here where I'm at. But it's not the same octane as mixing 91/E85

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I've been running the tow tune for two weeks now and I really like it.

I was worried the transmission behavior would be odd, but it's actually perfect. It doesn't act like a tow mode holding gears too long or not wanting to go into the overdrive gears. The transmission is the opposite of twitchy, it keeps the revs lower 1500-2000 rpm until you apply intentional throttle. I'm liking it better than the performance tune. I also worry about longevity with the performance tunes power level.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

I was worried the transmission behavior would be odd, but it's actually perfect. It doesn't act like a tow mode holding gears too long or not wanting to go into the overdrive gears. The transmission is the opposite of twitchy, it keeps the revs lower 1500-2000 rpm until you apply intentional throttle. I'm liking it better than the performance tune. I also worry about longevity with the performance tunes power level.
Does the tow tune provide a performance boost in normal driving?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Indeed it does. I ran it for well over a year in my truck before it meet its end. Just for the fact that I knew I was going to be towing here and there and that I didnt want to deal with the relearn process I kept it there and had no problems.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I will add that you dont have to switch tunes for different octane either. It is set to run from 87 up to 93 octane!!

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Yup what Frenchy said.

It targets more low end torque too, so probably better day to day driving, then like he said it's a 87-93 tune. Our engines have octane detection, so the tune utilizes that to understand what octane rating the fuel is and adjust the maps.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape

Great summary. My thoughts exactly
Sponsored