First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
so if you were to put the old radar module in the new tail light you are good to go? that's easier. Im still going to just leave it with the glue as long as I can, it's not really noticeable and not leaking water so its good enough for me but good to know thanks!
Yes, you would be good to go doing that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rangyves

First Name
Tassé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Mecanic
Just got my lens from ebay, the fu....g thing is broken with no broken plastic patrs in the wrapping or the box so packed broken the mot.... f......,now he wont answer my mails

20230526_155815.jpg

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Just got my lens from ebay, the fu....g thing is broken with no broken plastic patrs in the wrapping or the box so packed broken the mot.... f......,now he wont answer my mails

20230526_155815.jpg
Complain to eBay. If they can't get the seller to respond, they will refund you from his account.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
State Farm put up quite the fight but to no avail , I WIN ! no deductible ! But i fear a counter move from them in the future , i may have won a small battle here but the war rages on ! (long story but decades long war with state farm )
If you've had them for decades you should certainly shop around. Insurance companies give you no benefit for longevity. In fact quite the opposite.

They're all scammers, might as well pay as little premium as possible. Of course I probably wouldn't go low their, but I've had great success shopping around and will do so again in another year or so.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
If you've had them for decades you should certainly shop around. Insurance companies give you no benefit for longevity. In fact quite the opposite.

They're all scammers, might as well pay as little premium as possible. Of course I probably wouldn't go low their, but I've had great success shopping around and will do so again in another year or so.
Yep.

Until recently I had super good service thru USAA and an awesome rate. Might have argued that point.

Then.... they said F you and for no reason shot my rates thru the roof.

Maybe they learned I tuned a Ranger and figured I have lost my mind.

So for the first time in 24ish years I'll be insured by someone else. Calling USAA to try and sort this out... I was all but laughed off the phone. No tickets, wrecks, etc.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yep.

Until recently I had super good service thru USAA and an awesome rate. Might have argued that point.

So for the first time in 24ish years I'll be insured by someone else. Calling USAA to try and sort this out... I was all but laughed off the phone. No tickets, wrecks, etc.
I had a similar issue but in the opposite direction. I was with Geico for about 15 years. Then a few months ago they raised my rates about 20%. No tickets, no accidents, no claims ever, a perfect driving record. But after Geico decided that I guess due to inflation they were more than willing to take a bigger chunk of my money I got another quote from USAA and it was actually less than what I was paying Geico before their 20% increase. I had gotten quotes from USAA a few times before this and they were usually a bit higher than what my Geico rate was so I was kind of surprised they were lower this time. So I switched.

The thing about auto insurance these days is that it is super easy to switch providers. It takes about a half hour online to get a quote and then switch and that includes canceling the old policy. Geico made me actually do online chat to cancel and when they asked me why I told them you raised my rates 20%. They didn't even try to retain my business. They just said, "Okay sorry to see you go."

So I agree with what others have said. If you want to get better rates it's probably best to shop every two years or so because insurers defiantly don't seem to care about your long term business. They are probably banking on people that are too lazy to shop around when they increase rates. But also many do seem to give new customer discounts that expire over time from what I have read.

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yep.

For the first time since I left the Navy, USAA gave me competitive rates on homeowners coverage that beat the company I had been with for almost 10 years. I plan on switching my auto coverage to them when the current coverage expires. But I check every time it is coming due. I will not pay for USAA just for the name.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
.. If you want to get better rates it's probably best to shop every two years or so because insurers defiantly don't seem to care about your long term business. They are probably banking on people that are too lazy to shop around when they increase rates. But also many do seem to give new customer discounts that expire over time from what I have read.
Well said Mark; I totally agree.

OP
OP

Rangyves

First Name
Tassé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Mecanic
New info for led tail lights, anzo usa has a model that accept bliss but out of stock

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Has anyone on here successfully purchased a new taillight with Bliss from a seller on Ebay (usually from China) to replace a cracked taillight. Looks about the same but does not include a module. If so, is it easy to transfer the current module to that new taillight and install?

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I can't find it, but recent post explained how someone not only transferred the Bliss module, but also swapped board out of his to new module because his module shell and antenna board were damaged.
So can be done. Good luck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dex, I merged this with a recent thread with info on how to do this.
Sponsored