AUXITO Led replacement Install question

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Due to my PIAA's blowing out at some point(no wonder my lows were so dim) I decided to give the AUXITO's a try. For those who have installed the low beams did you connector line up at 12 and 6 after bulb was installed into the housing or to get it snug did you have it off center. I noticed that seems to adjust the height a bit, but we already have height adjustment.
Sponsored

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Mine had an Allen key in the box and there is a little set screw along the housing that allows you to rotate the collar. You cannot do it installed so you have to put the bulb in and then take out and adjust the collar so they align right. I didn’t see instructions and figured it out on a whim after finding the Allen key.

OP
OP
jflogerzi

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine had an Allen key in the box and there is a little set screw along the housing that allows you to rotate the collar. You cannot do it installed so you have to put the bulb in and then take out and adjust the collar so they align right. I didn’t see instructions and figured it out on a whim after finding the Allen key.
Hum... I don't remember seeing an Allen key in the box. Does yours have the additional ballast or just the LED bulb?

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I just installed mine in the last week, ordered from Amazon. I installed both H11 and 9005, high and low beams. They were just the bulbs (no ballasts), and no Allen wrench. They were clocked perfectly.

I also ordered H11 Yellows for the fogs, and I am happy with them as well.

OP
OP
jflogerzi

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed mine in the last week, ordered from Amazon. I installed both H11 and 9005, high and low beams. They were just the bulbs (no ballasts), and no Allen wrench. They were clocked perfectly.

I also ordered H11 Yellows for the fogs, and I am happy with them as well.
If possible can you take a picture of the low beams with dust cover off? My high beams are fine but low beams don't appear to be who knows

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If possible can you take a picture of the low beams with dust cover off? My high beams are fine but low beams don't appear to be who knows
What specifically is wrong with your low beams?

The low beams are a tight squeeze. IIRC they are the outer most pair. My UPR catch can is in the way of the driver's side.

I may be able to get picture of the passenger side, but I am not sure the angle is going to show you anything. You pretty much have to put them in by feel. I know it was slightly irritating trying to insure they they were seated correctly. It is easy to get them in two of the three tabs and the bulb will be cocked. Look at how your stock bulbs were seated, and start the LEDs in the same clock position. I think they had 2 small tabs and on larger one.

I'll be under the hood tomorrow anyway and will give it a try.

Last edited:

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same problem. My low beams were at 45 degree angles. (The LED chips were not at 9 and 3 like the website instructed.) I did not see any Allen key or any way to adjust them. The beam pattern that it threw out was very scattered and not uniform at all. I became frustrated and returned them for my stock halogens which have great uniform light coverage when combined with the Fogs. I kept the Auxitos in the high beams though because those line up correctly and man are those bright on dark roads. I love them.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I had the same problem. My low beams were at 45 degree angles. (The LED chips were not at 9 and 3 like the website instructed.) I did not see any Allen key or any way to adjust them. The beam pattern that it threw out was very scattered and not uniform at all. I became frustrated and returned them for my stock halogens which have great uniform light coverage when combined with the Fogs. I kept the Auxitos in the high beams though because those line up correctly and man are those bright on dark roads. I love them.
I was able to get mine to line up and still went back to halogens. Kept LED in the fogs and high beams. I like a good country road now.

OP
OP
jflogerzi

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting so they are supposed to be at 9 and 3? Where did u see this mentioned on their site

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting so they are supposed to be at 9 and 3? Where did u see this mentioned on their site
I'm not sure if they mentioned it on the Amazon posting for that specific bulb, but it mentioned it enough on a lot of the other Auxito listings to the point I assumed it would be the same. Maybe that's a poor assumption, but they did not work well in my experience. I don't care where the high beams point and their light distribution as long as a lot of light gets downroad and these seem to light up an incredibly far distance away.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I'm going back to halogen on the low beams as the light spray on the Auxito, clocked correctly, is still bad enough to turn off some street lights at night. I've adjusted them down and still getting flashed by oncoming drivers and triggering some dusk to dawn street lights to turn off as I approach.

My auxito bulbs are the ones with no external ballast and no allen key for adjustment.

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
These are the ones I have. AUXITO H11 LED Bulbs, 120W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B71GWVCC

1677077618290.png

The arrow is pointing to the hole for the set screw. The “blade” should point straight up and down 12 & 6 so your LED bulbs point to 9 & 3. I had to adjust my housings down quite a bit after the install too.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ones I had were very easy to seat incorrectly. Be sure to push them into the tabs holes so that they seat evenly all the way around. Then twist to lock., It is very easy to set just 2 of the tabs in position and twist. They will appear to be in position, but the bulb will be cocked at an angle. Before you remove the halogens, carefully look at the position of the plug. Align the Auxito the same way and wiggle it until it feels correct, then push it in and twist. It should go forward and the red gasket should compress a little bit as it seats evenly.

If the bulb is not seated correctly, you will get glare.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
1677105284413.png

These were the H11 model I had. No ability to rotate them unfortunately.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The same ones I put it. Mine didn't need rotating, but aligning them to the correct tabs took a couple of tries.
Sponsored