First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I decided I wanted LED’s and since I couldn’t find any info online I thought I’d share my findings.

License Plate Lights: 194 (Also Fit: 158/168/12961) Access through underside of bumper, easy access, turn counter clockwise to remove.

Third Brake / Cargo Bed Lights: 912 (Also Fit: 904/906/921/917) There are 3 and they're all the same. No need for a Red bulb due to the red reflector housing. Held in place with 4 T20 Hex Screws. Turn bulb socket counter clockwise to remove.

Turn Signal/ Parking Lights: 7444A (Also Fit: 7443A) A is for Amber. You could use other styles/colors but I would not recommend. Passenger is extremely easy to access, driver is a bit of a squeeze. Turn counter clockwise to remove.

Keep in mind that these LED are directional. They need to be installed in the correct orientation. If incorrectly installed they will not illuminate, so if you decide to change them I advise you to test before reinstalling. I am not sure if this characteristic is common with all LED's but it definitely is with these Philips bulbs.

Another note; I'm not sure how I feel about the LED parking/turn bulbs. They don't appear to be as bright once installed and since there is a resistance difference in them vs the stock bulbs; the dash turn indicator blinks twice as fast, although the blinkers themselves appear to blink normally. I may just toss them, we'll see how annoying it gets sitting at stoplights. Maybe I'll install a resistor. I'll keep you guys updated.

Bulbs used for Third Brake/Cargo Bed Light
License Plate Bulbs.jpg

Bulbs used for License Plate Lights
3rd Brake Bulbs.jpg

Bulbs used for Turn Signal/Parking Lights
Turn Bulbs.jpg

Back view of Third Brake Light
Third Brake Back.jpg

Stock Turn Signal/Parking Light
Turn Stock Bulb.jpg

LED Turn Signal/Parking Light
Turn LED Bulb.jpg

License Plate Bulb as seen from underneath
License Plate bulb location.jpg
Excellent post Lightning!
However I was a non-beleiver in not using colored LED's for the lamps function until I watched a you tube video.
Using a 5K white in a red lens causes the light to look almost orange, while using a red hued LED maintains the original red, only brighter.
Sponsored

SumthinSilly

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
I decided I wanted LED’s and since I couldn’t find any info online I thought I’d share my findings.

License Plate Lights: 194 (Also Fit: 158/168/12961) Access through underside of bumper, easy access, turn counter clockwise to remove.

Third Brake / Cargo Bed Lights: 912 (Also Fit: 904/906/921/917) There are 3 and they're all the same. No need for a Red bulb due to the red reflector housing. Held in place with 4 T20 Hex Screws. Turn bulb socket counter clockwise to remove.

Turn Signal/ Parking Lights: 7444A (Also Fit: 7443A) A is for Amber. You could use other styles/colors but I would not recommend. Passenger is extremely easy to access, driver is a bit of a squeeze. Turn counter clockwise to remove.

Keep in mind that these LED are directional. They need to be installed in the correct orientation. If incorrectly installed they will not illuminate, so if you decide to change them I advise you to test before reinstalling. I am not sure if this characteristic is common with all LED's but it definitely is with these Philips bulbs.

Another note; I'm not sure how I feel about the LED parking/turn bulbs. They don't appear to be as bright once installed and since there is a resistance difference in them vs the stock bulbs; the dash turn indicator blinks twice as fast, although the blinkers themselves appear to blink normally. I may just toss them, we'll see how annoying it gets sitting at stoplights. Maybe I'll install a resistor. I'll keep you guys updated.

Bulbs used for Third Brake/Cargo Bed Light
License Plate Bulbs.jpg

Bulbs used for License Plate Lights
3rd Brake Bulbs.jpg

Bulbs used for Turn Signal/Parking Lights
Turn Bulbs.jpg

Back view of Third Brake Light
Third Brake Back.jpg

Stock Turn Signal/Parking Light
Turn Stock Bulb.jpg

LED Turn Signal/Parking Light
Turn LED Bulb.jpg

License Plate Bulb as seen from underneath
License Plate bulb location.jpg

Awesome post!
Do you feel these are similar quality to what Diode has out? Should I spend the extra money on the leas significant bulbs or go with a similar set up to what you have here. I’ll eventually get switchbacks up front but curious if you think the brake, rear blinkers, reverse lights, and cargo light are good to be replaced with a similar set up.

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome post!
Do you feel these are similar quality to what Diode has out? Should I spend the extra money on the leas significant bulbs or go with a similar set up to what you have here. I’ll eventually get switchbacks up front but curious if you think the brake, rear blinkers, reverse lights, and cargo light are good to be replaced with a similar set up.
I haven’t had any personal experience with the diode lights, that being said Philips makes quality stuff, I’m happy with them. I’ve been wanting to get some switchbacks also, but the prices are pretty steep.

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know why a pack of 912 LED bulbs would have this warning on it? I bought them to use in my center brake/cargo lights. TIA

004F0C48-7B89-4671-813D-B37A3AAD63BE.jpeg

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
OP, good info.
Only thing I suggest is better bulbs.
Lasfit.
Lasfit customer service is good.
Had a small side market bulb act up. They sent two replacements.
Bright bulbs with no hyper flash.
Built in circuits.

FD893CCE-D80B-42FE-8510-4972EC943396.jpeg

DC4F97D7-6525-445A-B3F8-6A3F425A02B4.jpeg

A88D3C16-FD01-4FA0-9C72-1CF3A5EB9CDB.jpeg

D34738C3-5D52-4380-9491-AE5A833BAA67.jpeg

0108C522-E453-4D37-BD1F-845E785928A6.jpeg

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Anyone know why a pack of 912 LED bulbs would have this warning on it? I bought them to use in my center brake/cargo lights. TIA

004F0C48-7B89-4671-813D-B37A3AAD63BE.jpeg
The idea is on SUV's and trucks they are up higher and are so bright they blind other drivers. On a sedan they are typically lower and not in line of sight.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
No idea why they’d put a warning on them but I gotta say, if you want to get some serious L.E.D bulbs I’d go with Diode Dynamics. I have them in a couple of my vehicles and they are just stellar.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?find=2019-ford-ranger-315314&sid=ih0VuU0k7n
I concur, I don't bother with any other LED's other than those sold by Diode Dynamics. They are somewhat pricey, but what price for safety?
As a reminder for Lariat owners, the high-mount/cargo lamps are already circuit board mounted LED's, at least on my 2020, they are..

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I concur, I don't bother with any other LED's other than those sold by Diode Dynamics. They are somewhat pricey, but what price for safety?
As a reminder for Lariat owners, the high-mount/cargo lamps are already circuit board mounted LED's, at least on my 2020, they are..
And the warranty can’t be beat. Hands down one of the best quality L.E.D’s. And through the years I’ve tried them All!

“Select Products: 8-Year Limited Warranty

In addition to the above 3-Year Replacement Limited Warranty, Diode Dynamics carries an 8-year Limited Warranty on select products. Currently, this includes and is limited to all Stage Series products.

After 3 years of Replacement Limited Warranty, Diode Dynamics will continue to warrant that select products are free of defects for up to 8 years from when the product was ordered. These products must be returned at the customer's expense to Diode Dynamics, for inspection, and will be replaced or repaired, at the sole discretion of Diode Dynamics. Shipping back to the customer will be covered by Diode Dynamics.“

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Well it started out being Auxito 912 LED bulbs, I was going to buy them, but it was a pair. They had what was supposed to be a value pack of Auxito’s and this is what I ended up with. My question is, They not worth sending back, does anyone think I shouldn’t try them? And if anyone thinks they may overhead my light socket area/ reflector area, or damage my center brake light/cargo area lights? Next time I’ll make sure and double check, the Auxito was in pairs and this seemed like a value pack of them which they are not.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Are we not able to swap on bulbs in the tail lights? I removed the housing and see no spot to replace bulbs.

Deleted member 1634

Are we not able to swap on bulbs in the tail lights? I removed the housing and see no spot to replace bulbs.
I know that XLT and Lariat have LED tail lights as standard. Not sure on XL.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I know that XLT and Lariat have LED tail lights as standard. Not sure on XL.
I have the xlt, I just don’t see where you swap the bulbs at. There’s one main connector that didn’t want to come off and a metal plate below it.

Deleted member 1634

I have the xlt, I just don’t see where you swap the bulbs at. There’s one main connector that didn’t want to come off and a metal plate below it.
There are no "bulbs" in the tail lights. The whole assembly is an LED housing, so there are diffused circuit board LEDs throughout, built directly into the assembly. You already have LED tail lights.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
There are no "bulbs" in the tail lights. The whole assembly is an LED housing, so there are diffused circuit board LEDs throughout, built directly into the assembly. You already have LED tail lights.
I'm aware they were led, so are the license plate lights but I wanted brighter ones. I was hoping to swap out the reverse for brighter bulbs. This sucks..
Sponsored