First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Nice truck, just please don't do like so many other Ram owners I have seen, and check their brains in when driving a Ram, when ever I see extreem tail gating, lane changes into a no room for them situation, entering the right side exit ramp from the farthest left lane, 99% of the time its somebody behind the wheel of a Ram.....So please don't be that guy.....
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I think the Rams are nice looking an have a nice interior. My buddy's Ram 3500 quad cab has every option an it's pretty sweet. He has to take it back for an electronics grimlin with the audio system having a roaring noise in the back ground. He uses it like a big car. I told him to get a 1500 but he had to have the Cummings diesel. It rides like an old wooden wagon. STIFF. He actually bought a 1500 to drive while waiting on his ordered 3500. They agreed to give him what he paid for it on trade when it came in if he didn't put more than 7,500 miles on it.

There's a few ford dealerships I drive past an their lots are empty. The local dodge dealership lot is loaded. Glad I don't need to buy a vehicle right now in this market but I am trying to buy a house. It's crazy too. I think this ranger will be my last new vehicle. I might start buying lease returned certified pre owned. I bought 2 in the past an it worked out well.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
This is not basjing Ford, this was my experience.......

I liked the 2019 Ranger Lariat but didn't love it an needed to get back to a full size truck. So after trips to three Ford dealers I gave up on a trade to a F-150. Rediculous mark ups, advertised trucks that weren't available, and other tricks that dealers pull I gave up on Ford. I had one saleslady calling me every day and they have no inventory. Not sure what she was going to sell me. She admitted to my wife they advertise trucks they don't have, WTF? Maybe I just had bad luck but these were dealers I have dealt with in the past and did well with.

Made a trip to a RAM dealer and had a completely different outcome. Everyone I came in contact with was friendly and they seemed happy to be doing what they do. My salesman was at this dealer for 10 years so they are doing something right. The showroom was packed on Saturday. I got an excellent deal on a RAM 1500 Sport. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles I had on the Ranger Lariat but so far I am impressed with the ride. Heck, it even has wireless Android that works.

Good luck with the Rangers guys. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the nextgen Mustang GT when it comes out so I am not completely giving up on Ford yet.
2022 RAM Sport.jpg
Ah I see you got the Boomer Edition package.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I liked the 2019 Ranger Lariat but didn't love it an needed to get back to a full size truck.
That's how I got mine. Guy leased it in 2020, after 5 months decided it wasn't big enough and turned it in for an F-150, thus JohnnyO got a good deal just before the shortage and prices on used trucks went through the roof.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Pretty confident many trucks built during the pandemic will have some build quality issues. Just the name of the game.
My cousin owns a repair shop and used car lot, mostly he buys rebuildables at auction and fixes them up to sell, although he normally buys new vehicles for himself. He told me not long ago that he wouldn't buy a 2021 or 2022 anything, says they will all have problems. He has a 2021 Chevy Silverado that he bought new and had a new engine put in on warranty at 13,000 miles.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
My cousin owns a repair shop and used car lot, mostly he buys rebuildables at auction and fixes them up to sell, although he normally buys new vehicles for himself. He told me not long ago that he wouldn't buy a 2021 or 2022 anything, says they will all have problems. He has a 2021 Chevy Silverado that he bought new and had a new engine put in on warranty at 13,000 miles.
Does he have info on the inside or just a gut feeling like me?

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I was heavily considering buying a new RAM 1500 truck three years ago, but my awesome FORD TRUCK experience for the last 35 years bitch slapped me....so, here I am and NO regrets!!!

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Nice truck, just please don't do like so many other Ram owners I have seen, and check their brains in when driving a Ram, when ever I see extreem tail gating, lane changes into a no room for them situation, entering the right side exit ramp from the farthest left lane, 99% of the time its somebody behind the wheel of a Ram.....So please don't be that guy.....
It seems to be mostly the black on black ones with a flowmaster muffler that do it; it looks like he got the Dad Spec version so he's probably fine.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
It seems to be mostly the black on black ones with a flowmaster muffler that do it; it looks like he got the Dad Spec version so he's probably fine.
Well I’m glad I didn’t say it lol. In my experience it doesn’t matter what color ram it is. All though Usually white and usually a rebel. Usually has like 22s and tire sidewall about an 1 inch thick. Merging 4 lanes over, tailgating, running red lights, never using blinker, and merging into you. All though I don’t know much about the quality, the interior of the rams I have been in are pretty dang nice! Enjoy your truck.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
Well I’m glad I didn’t say it lol. In my experience it doesn’t matter what color ram it is. All though Usually white and usually a rebel. Usually has like 22s and tire sidewall about an 1 inch thick. Merging 4 lanes over, tailgating, running red lights, never using blinker, and merging into you. All though I don’t know much about the quality, the interior of the rams I have been in are pretty dang nice! Enjoy your truck.
I've encountered a ram that was planning to pass me in a lane that ends and merges, so I just floored it and left him in the dust.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Sorry but the Ram isn't like the older ones and I would seriously entertain buying one if I couldn't get into an F150. Out here they're everywhere (along with F150's) and a lot of my customers drive them and have nothing but good things to say about theirs. I would seriously give them a look IF I were in the market for another full size truck.

You could say you regret just about any purchase now a days. We just had a member have an issue with his waste gate and his Ranger is only 2 days old. Chris @Chris M couldn't get rid of the vibration in his but he did chose to give the Ranger another chance but many here have this same problem. Heck I may regret buying my Jeep but every time I go over to the Bronco forum and see all the people on there complaining about blown engines, electrical problems and 4wd issues I feel I made a good choice so far.?‍♂
Wow it is really that bad in the Bronco forum? The engine thing in particular, I figured Ford had these things sorted with their Turbo engines.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Geezus 40 blown engines already on the bronco….. what are chances the raptor has that issue

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is not basjing Ford, this was my experience.......

I liked the 2019 Ranger Lariat but didn't love it an needed to get back to a full size truck. So after trips to three Ford dealers I gave up on a trade to a F-150. Rediculous mark ups, advertised trucks that weren't available, and other tricks that dealers pull I gave up on Ford. I had one saleslady calling me every day and they have no inventory. Not sure what she was going to sell me. She admitted to my wife they advertise trucks they don't have, WTF? Maybe I just had bad luck but these were dealers I have dealt with in the past and did well with.

Made a trip to a RAM dealer and had a completely different outcome. Everyone I came in contact with was friendly and they seemed happy to be doing what they do. My salesman was at this dealer for 10 years so they are doing something right. The showroom was packed on Saturday. I got an excellent deal on a RAM 1500 Sport. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles I had on the Ranger Lariat but so far I am impressed with the ride. Heck, it even has wireless Android that works.

Good luck with the Rangers guys. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the nextgen Mustang GT when it comes out so I am not completely giving up on Ford yet.
2022 RAM Sport.jpg
Hey, the Ram is a great truck, and I hope that you will enjoy it. My experience has been that there is a huge difference among Ford dealers, and I understand the central Ford people are trying to stamp out these "ridiculous mark-ups" by dealers, but I don't blame you for dropping them after three bad experiences in a row!