OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Another way to look at this reliability thing is to think big picture.
In today's market with so many choices available, a manufacturer cannot afford to bring a vehicle to market with known problems, particularly at today's prices. The consumer won't stand for it and It would be death for the model.
Thanks for the thought, and overall agreed.
I'm more questioning issues that weren't known with a new model, since the vehicle hasn't been out long enough.

Eg the new class of Subaru's have problems with their CVTs, which didn't appear until a short while after release, but there's a reasonably large outcry from many owners. The manufacturer didn't intend problems and vetted the best they could -- but extensive real-world trials (ie first models) are the thorough way to tell for sure that the design works. Same with Tesla's, etc.

But, as pointed out earlier in this thread, which was helpful to hear, this Ranger chassis has been up around the world for a while (even if the engine has not), so that would give a chance to vet it.
Sponsored

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
I have almost 20,000 miles and the only complaint I have is the AC. I live in Florida and when it gets around 85 degrees the AC doesn't perform good. I have had it in 2 times and they say there isn't anything wrong. I will probably have to wait until next summer to take it in again because it is cooling off here.
Howard,
Might try installing an electric fan in front of the A/C condenser and trigger it when the compressor engages.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
RE deletes. Vehicles are getting so darn expensive (have you seen the price of the Caddy suburban - $110K) they are out of reach for many (most) people. Even used cars are getting costly. Manufacturers are doing everything to keep costs affordable. Cutting those little things add up and ease supplier involvement and development costs. Don't have to like it, it just is.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Vehicles are getting so darn expensive (have you seen the price of the Caddy suburban - $110K) they are out of reach for many (most) people.
After seeing someone mention this in another thread, I went and priced one out. Let me just say that there’s no way in hell I’d ever pay that much for a GM vehicle that doesn’t end in ZR1. I’m not a GM fan to begin with, but that’s just too far for any car in that class.
Sponsored