MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Us Lariat folks seem to have a hard time finding appropriate size tires. Most posts are about 17" wheel sizes which is understandable. Can we start a thread for stock 18"wheel tire options? I'm installing the Fox 2.0 kit soon and would like to see what everyone else is using. Lariat owners unite!
I have a 2019 Lariat with the 18-inch wheels added by the Black Appearance Package. After putting in the Fox 2.0 kit, I changed out the stock Hankooks for Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W in stock size, 265/60/R18. There is nothing wrong with the Hankooks. I just wanted something more aggressive, and I am very satisfied with the results on all counts.
Sponsored

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2019 Lariat with the 18-inch wheels added by the Black Appearance Package. After putting in the Fox 2.0 kit, I changed out the stock Hankooks for Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W in stock size, 265/60/R18. There is nothing wrong with the Hankooks. I just wanted something more aggressive, and I am very satisfied with the results on all counts.
Any reason you stayed with the stock tire size, even after a level? Those Falken's are on my short list as Hankook replacements. Do you notice a better or more firm ride withe them over the Hankooks?

Skylais

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I just installed the Dueler AT Revo 3 after reading someone else’s post on how they minimize road sound but still provide an aggressive look.

only a few days after install I drove From Houston to big bend ranch state park.
On the road, these things are as quiet if not more quiet than the bridgestones that came with the truck. Off road, they basically saved me. With the original tires, there is now way I could have gone where I went in the state park. The areas I drove required high clearance, and very rough terrain. No punctures and excellent traction.

Very pleased with these tires.

I am not a fan of the rims but don’t want to spend money on new ones for the time being. Eventually want to level the front as well.

CCE00057-1905-429E-8421-E2E4A38FEA38.jpeg

20D149DF-B286-4613-BE52-3D8C1A64F170.jpeg

0BCA37E2-DC02-4338-B238-4559B4A531BF.jpeg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason you stayed with the stock tire size, even after a level? Those Falken's are on my short list as Hankook replacements. Do you notice a better or more firm ride withe them over the Hankooks?
My Ranger is basically used as a daily driver and for vacation trips rather than for off-roading, and so, while I wanted something more aggressive and durable--just in case--I did not really need anything larger, and did not want to add even more weight and resistance. The Falken tires give a firm but comfortable ride, meaning that you feel the road, but it does not beat you up, and they are very quiet, despite some reviewers complaining about the noise!

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
What level /lift is required to fit 33.2 tires without any other mods? I have the 18 inch black appearance package wheels and have already swapped out the rear shocks with Fox 2.0’s.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have 18 inch wheels but i can help out a bit. For a 32 inch you can go 265/65-18. For a 33.2 you can go to 275/70-18. That one should fit without any other modifications(excluding the leveling or lift kit). This is data based of a 34-10.50x17 fitting with no problems after a lift/level install.
FYI, I put 265-65-18s on mine with no lift and I get a tiny bit of rubbing on a hard left turn - otherwise no issues. At this point I've just lived with it. I ended up getting the Toyo AT3's - I love them.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
FYI, I put 265-65-18s on mine with no lift and I get a tiny bit of rubbing on a hard left turn - otherwise no issues. At this point I've just lived with it. I ended up getting the Toyo AT3's - I love them.
Interesting that you're getting a little bit of rubbing. By chance did you add spacers?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that you're getting a little bit of rubbing. By chance did you add spacers?
Nope - everything stock. It is not a lot, and only on a right hand (sorry, I said left before) turn. Left hand turns seem fine. It seems to be only enough that you can hear it - I should look in the wheel wells and see if I can see where it has been rubbing just for grins.

OP
OP
Pirate

Pirate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Bush Pilot
What level /lift is required to fit 33.2 tires without any other mods? I have the 18 inch black appearance package wheels and have already swapped out the rear shocks with Fox 2.0’s.
You’re cutting out the crash bars regardless of lift at that size iirc

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Decide on your needs and get a premium tire brand. Goodyear, BFG, Falken ect. Heavy duty tires are typically...heavy. This decision can effect performance in many ways. Load range, weight, off road ability, sound, are all factors. Some brands may not make a tire in your size load range preference. Online selectors by size like at tire rack or discount tire are helpful.

If you dont need the ground clearance something close to oem size will provide great performance with your suspension upgrade. Id stick with a c load range unless you plan to have frequent heavy loads or prefer a very firm feel-ride.

Last edited:

briwill70

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Im running 265/70r18 falken wildpeak at3w on my 2020 lariat with 3" Eibach pro truck 2.0
I am also running the Wildpeaks (on stock suspension) and no complaints. 265/65/18. They have been great.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
You’re cutting out the crash bars regardless of lift at that size iirc
What would be the max tire size on 18 wheels without crash bar removal / mod or trimming?
Sponsored