Aftermarket wheel options

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
So what’s the common thought on offset? I see a lot of 0 and -12 but not as many +12 or so. Even with crash bar removal I’m not sure of a zero offset would clear with a 285/70/17 tire.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Most of the Icon wheels have a +25 offset. This places the tires just outside the fender depending on the size you are running. +18, +12, 0, and -12 wheels just keep moving the tire further and further out which makes potential rubbing worse as you go.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
Most of the Icon wheels have a +25 offset. This places the tires just outside the fender depending on the size you are running. +18, +12, 0, and -12 wheels just keep moving the tire further and further out which makes potential rubbing worse as you go.
my question was more about what are the go to vendors for ranger fitments

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
my question was more about what are the go to vendors for ranger fitments
I'm sorry, I was just commenting on your post quoted below.
So what’s the common thought on offset? I see a lot of 0 and -12 but not as many +12 or so. Even with crash bar removal I’m not sure of a zero offset would clear with a 285/70/17 tire.
I found that this website here is a great way to do some research to find out what type of wheel you like. They don't show every brand, but it does a pretty good job of presenting everything in one spot. After that, just start searching for the lowest prices. Also, check the listed sponsors on Ranger5G and see what kind of discounts they are offering. Sometimes it depends on who is having a sale at a particular time.

Many people have been getting the best pricing from Discount Tire since they can get just about any wheel and guarantee the lowest prices.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anyone replaced their rims and tires on stock suspension? If so what are the specs. -Thanks!
I have an FX4.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Anyone replaced their rims and tires on stock suspension? If so what are the specs. -Thanks!
I have an FX4.
Just do some searches and you will find all kinds of info and examples on this forum. There is a tire size thread as well. Typical offsets if you don't want much wheel poke is +20 to +30 with 8.5"-9" wheels. Run less offset if you want poke. Most don't run less than 0 offset because it sticks out too far and you run into big fitment issues up front.

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just do some searches and you will find all kinds of info and examples on this forum. There is a tire size thread as well. Typical offsets if you don't want much wheel poke is +20 to +30 with 8.5"-9" wheels. Run less offset if you want poke. Most don't run less than 0 offset because it sticks out too far and you run into big fitment issues up front.
I was reading thru the post about biggest tires without lift, 99.9% said they lifted theirs.