First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Must be mostly a lariat thing? All the pictures and covers I see are for passive entry keys not the XL/XLT flip keys. Only flip key I saw was the one they destroyed by removing the button. I set mine off once before I changed it to double press in Forscan, hasn't happened since.
Sponsored

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Must be mostly a lariat thing? All the pictures and covers I see are for passive entry keys not the XL/XLT flip keys. Only flip key I saw was the one they destroyed by removing the button. I set mine off once before I changed it to double press in Forscan, hasn't happened since.
I'm assuming I need a scan tool for this? Thanks for the tip; that damned panic button is driving me crazy.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I'm assuming I need a scan tool for this? Thanks for the tip; that damned panic button is driving me crazy.
Yup, ODB2 reader and a Windows laptop.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I got this one for mine. I tried carrying the key in my pocket, because it's small enough, but I set off the Panic alarm three times on the first day, and was starting to see scratches on the plastic body from all the other crap in my pocket. Started wearing a belt clip again, just for the key fob, but the key blade still kept flipping out unintentionally. So I started looking for a decent cover. This is TPU, and it adds a little thickness around the flip button so the unintentional key deployment rarely happens any more.

BONUS: the color matches the truck (almost). LOL. SO if you have a Blue truck...
The included clip is nice, and seems sturdy enough, but I already have a better one, so...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZKZWTZX

1625598468366.png
Sponsored