Feature to roll down windows with Key Fob

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Do the 2019 Rangers have the ability to roll down the windows with the keyfob? Some of the video's I've watched on the subject say just hold unlock down for 3 seconds and it goes on to explain how to roll them back up or stop them at a certain point. I tried this feature but nothing happened. Just wondering if anyone knows if we have this feature?
Sponsored

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
I think the Lariat's 'might' have that function but I have an XLT and I can say that it doesn't by default. That being said, I was lucky enough to get an after market piece of gear that let you do this. RCMustang was getting some one touch modules from Australia for us and they have completely changed my windows for the better. If there's enough interest, he might do another round. You'd have to post there and see.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/one-touch-open-close-window-module-interest-thread.3045/

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, I should have used better search criteria. Found this thread.
Ahh yes, the FORSCAN crowd, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way.
FORSCAN is a program that lets you "hack" the vehicles software.
Done diligently you can do some cool things, but "diligently" is the operative word here.

RCMustang, a member here, has done some cool things to his Ranger, look at his build post. One is auto windows for all 4 windows, he has done 2 group buys for the parts to convert the 2019 ranger to this configuration but says he may not do any more because of the work involved.

Another cool mod he did and is still doing group buys foe is "auto fold mirrors" on lock and start. I have this installed on my ranger and like it because it provides a great visual indication that the doors are locked, I got used to this feature on my Explorer Sport.

Any way, check out others build posts for some great ideas... :)

OP
OP
Shavlik

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

Protomeister

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - black/ebony with BAP
OP
OP
Shavlik

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I had this feature on my two MINIs and it was nice to vent the car out quickly. I just tried it on my Lariat and no joy.
Thanks for checking. I also have the Lariat and also couldn't do it.

OP
OP
Shavlik

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The reference to the moonroof is a giveaway that this isn't documentation for the ranger.
Not really, in each link it indicates "if equipped" with a sun/moon roof it'll vent it as well.Many other links and video's show F250's with this feature. My buddy's F250 has a moonroof that should open to vent hot air with this feature.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
It is not available from the factory, however we recently did a group buy via @RCMUSTANG for a module from overseas that allows this.

Hereā€™s a video of my Ranger with the auto windows and auto mirror controlled via the key fob.

OP
OP
Shavlik

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It is not available from the factory, however we recently did a group buy via @RCMUSTANG for a module from overseas that allows this.

Hereā€™s a video of my Ranger with the auto windows and auto mirror controlled via the key fob.

Oh I like that very much

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Oh I like that very much
We don't have the proper door modules installed by default. Even if we did, they option is nearly always disabled in the USA on domestic vehicles. If you have a fancier car like a F250 or an Explorer, the modules are there, and you can use Forscan to enable it. In the Ranger, you are stuck talking to @RCMUSTANG to get a door module from across the pond.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
We don't have the proper door modules installed by default. Even if we did, they option is nearly always disabled in the USA on domestic vehicles. If you have a fancier car like a F250 or an Explorer, the modules are there, and you can use Forscan to enable it. In the Ranger, you are stuck talking to @RCMUSTANG to get a door module from across the pond.
Mostly correct, except forscan isnā€™t needed on those vehicles. My 15 fusion titanium and our 17 explorer sport both allow remote window operation straight from the factory. Thereā€™s actually an option on the setting menu on the left gauge cluster that allows you to turn it on or off.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Mostly correct, except forscan isnā€™t needed on those vehicles. My 15 fusion titanium and our 17 explorer sport both allow remote window operation straight from the factory. Thereā€™s actually an option on the setting menu on the left gauge cluster that allows you to turn it on or off.

It used to be a Forscan thing then, apparently they've started to figure out that it was dumb to keep turned off.
Sponsored