MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I do, but as I said in my OP I can currently only start it from the app, I want to start it with the fob as well.
I can start mine with either the app or the fob, but the fob is so much more convenient that I gave up on the app after the first few months of ownership. So, yeah, it is worthwhile to have remote start available from the fob, if you don't mind the time and expense of getting things installed (or doing it yourself).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I can start mine with either the app or the fob, but the fob is so much more convenient that I gave up on the app after the first few months of ownership. So, yeah, it is worthwhile to have remote start available from the fob, if you don't mind the time and expense of getting things installed (or doing it yourself).
I agree that the fob is much more convenient. I do use the app though when we're in a restaurant or at a venue where we're to far from the truck for the fob to work. When it's 110+ outside being able to start it from longer distances is a huge bonus.

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does the Lariat comes with remote start because when I got my used ranger it only came with one key but it doesn’t have the remote start. It does look like the normal gigantic key except for that auto start button. Can anyone tell me, would like to get one of those.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
The remote start provided by the phone app is not the same hardware as the remote start you might get on a key fob. The radio systems are completely different. The link to the Amazon accessory adds the the near-range radio transceiver that is not related to the cell phone system the app uses. That's why you can be miles away and turn on the truck through the app and you must be within 40-50 yards to use the fob. It's possible to have both I suppose, but they probably don't 'talk' to each other.

It's like accessing the truck by grabbing the door handle with the fob in your pocket to unlock the door vs. using a key in the lock.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
Does the Lariat comes with remote start because when I got my used ranger it only came with one key but it doesn’t have the remote start. It does look like the normal gigantic key except for that auto start button. Can anyone tell me, would like to get one of those.
The Lariat does not come with keyfob remote start as standard. You need the 501 package to have the correct in-vehicle receiver that works with the remote start 2-way fob.

MillerLite87

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The Lariat does not come with keyfob remote start as standard. You need the 501 package to have the correct in-vehicle receiver that works with the remote start 2-way fob.
I need to check what package my lariat has.

OP
OP
Davejb

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
i think you need to mentally separate what you already have and what you need. because they are different.
you have an app that is capable of starting your vehicle through the modem. it suggests to the computer to activate the start cycle.
you want a FOB to start the vehicle through a radio frequency transmitter/receiver, which would also tell the start cycle to activate.

if you didnt buy your vehicle with 302A package, then i highly doubt you have the receiver for remote start. if you did, then you would and should have the appropriate key FOB for that.
That is exactly my problem I think, it didn't occur to me they'd have 2 completely different systems for one feature. I an aware that the modem and fob are different signals, just assumed the remote start module would be the same across the board. May end up going with the amazon option that was linked earlier.

OP
OP
Davejb

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
I finally decided I am going this route as the Fordpass app disables the remote start if the truck hasn't run in a few days, don't know who designs this stuff. They apparently have a different part for 2020 models described as "select 2020 models", been trying to get info out of them on what "select" means but no luck so far.

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
Just a heads up for anyone needing a FOB with the remote start button...........I have 1 from my 2019 that I no longer own and do not need it.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I finally decided I am going this route as the Fordpass app disables the remote start if the truck hasn't run in a few days, don't know who designs this stuff. They apparently have a different part for 2020 models described as "select 2020 models", been trying to get info out of them on what "select" means but no luck so far.
I don't think it's Fordpass that is disabling the remote start, it's probably the Battery Management System. Just Fordpass letting you know

OP
OP
Davejb

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
I don't think it's Fordpass that is disabling the remote start, it's probably the Battery Management System. Just Fordpass letting you know
Ok, just doesn't make much sense, the truck ran 2 days ago.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Ok, just doesn't make much sense, the truck ran 2 days ago.
Wow, two days! Usually it is more like 2 weeks. I've heard of people getting getting that after their truck has been left at the airport for an extended time. And mine did it after I had my transplant this spring from my garage. But, not after just 2 days.

OP
OP
Davejb

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
Wow, two days! Usually it is more like 2 weeks. I've heard of people getting getting that after their truck has been left at the airport for an extended time. And mine did it after I had my transplant this spring from my garage. But, not after just 2 days.
Yup. As I'm working from home I don't get out as much, but it's driven at least once a week for shopping and such, and I have a scheduled remote start every 2 days between those trips, so it's been 6 days since driven and 2 days since the last remote start.
Sponsored