Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
Excellent !!

I know my XLT 302A APIM at 7D0-04-01 was set to xxxx-xx8x-xxxx. Trucks with later build dates at this same module address are set to xxxx-xx0x-xxxx. It would appear all those set to 8 lost the climate icon. Those that were set to 0 did not.
I am curious what your build date is. Mine is 11/12/19 and I have the dreaded 8 in my code.
Sponsored

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
So... Funny story on all these climate control problems. Not long after I got my truck earlier this year I found the unofficial update and ran it. At that time I lost my climate control. Read through these forums, got me some forscan and fixed it. Ford released their next update, which looks like I only received the map files, not sure, but that's what it looks like. I ran that update and it didn't affect my climate. However, I was still on 20021. Downloaded and installed the unofficial update for 20136 and everything stayed good also. Now... While playing in forscan after loosing my climate the first time I downloaded and changed settings back to match the as built. Guess what, when I did that I lost climate control. So, why did I have climate control and no seat controls on the APIM when I bought the truck, then my as built takes away my climate control? Regardless, I have butt warming settings and fully functioning climate control on my screen thanks to all the forscan advise. I think it cost me 15 for the adapter, and I bought the lifetime license just to support them in giving this benefit. I love that I can use forscan on other Ford's as well. Does it work on non-fords? Have researched or checked yet.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
What is the build data of your truck? Mine was July2019 set to 7D0-04-01 xxxx-xx0x-xxxx

Is there an actual date in which Ford corrected this code? This may help those who do not have FORScan and are about to update.

1597417264062.png

1597417216333.png

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just did sync 3.4 update. No climate either.

Enabled the 3 forscan climate items in the apim, and didn't show up immediatly.
Did a soft reboot and it was there. All fine now.
Sync 3.3 looked better IMO.

My build date is 11/19. Heres my 7D0-04-01

7D0-04-01 0000 3480 0D9D

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm not going to plow through 65 pages of files....

This said, in the last three days, I've spent more time talking to Ford and their Sync supplier, than I would like. But, I finally spoke with a really knowledgable Ford Rep, with a sweet voice and disposition. Only to find out, she uses an iMac at home! Great!

The reason the down loaded files don't work when using Apple's iMac software, is that it doesn't organize them correctly. Considering what base operating system Ford's Sync operates on, I down loaded the free version of Win-Zip for iMac. Further, from talking to the young lady, even Window's built-in, zip application, doesn't do it correctly most of the time.

The photo below is what the unzipped file should look like on a Mac or PC. If it doesn't, download some other app and try it.

I'll agree with one or two comments from above. Apparently, not everything works until you reboot the program after the update. All this reminds me of the old adage about try, try, again!

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 12.34.09 PM.png

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Wow, just finished updating both Maps and Sync, including DL'ing Forscan to fix the climate screen. It's tempting to pull the stick during the Maps install, but having read this and other threads, I stuck with it and it finished after about 1.5 hours. It reboots twice as described, but it flashes some awfully confusing messages in the process, such as "restart your vehicle as soon as convenient". Needless to say, I ignored those, but it sounds like the update scripts contain some cruft that needs to be dealt with to make it less confusing.

Anyway, like they say, sometimes you just have to make it be about the journey as well as the destination, and try to enjoy the ride :whew:

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
My climate control worked while I was updating, even with the new 3.4 UI. But when it completely finished, the climate control was gone.

I just made the changes in FORScan and climate control is back. I added the heated seats buttons as well.

Last edited:

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I'm guess I'm lucky, my 3.3 to 3.4 upgrade went off well. I thought it was done at one point and it fussed at me to put the USB drive back in, took about 45 minutes. My climate controls and everything worked just as it did before. I then followed up with the NA119 map update, which took 60 minutes for part one, then it rebooted, had me restart the truck and then it took another 40 minutes. Camera looks like it did before, voice commands working. Mine is a 2019 lariat with the 501A package, I think my build date was in January.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Did my update this afternoon Lariat no nav. Build date 6/2019. Update took less than 30 minutes. Checked (thanks to UofM engineer) the as built 7D0-04-01 was set to xxxx-xx0x-xxxx. No loss of climate controls. No issues. I like being able to see Sirius channel name artist and song on my right dash screen.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Prior to the update to Sync3.4 I enabled the three climate features with FORScan, as my APMI was defaulted to DISABLE which would have resulted in loss of climate controls.

Ford needs to hire a graphic designer as the appearance of all the displays looks like a kid's first attempt at a PowerPoint presentation.

0814200716.jpg
0814200716_HDR.jpg

New design from Sync3.4. Under MENU - Additional Climate Controls it appears there are less controls in the new menu than the older 3.3 controls. Is this normal or is something missing again due to the glitch like Climate Controls?

0805201444_HDR.jpg
0805201444a_HDR.jpg

Sync 3.3 views and Additional Climate Controls menu. The missing controls under this menu in 3.4 are actually on the main display, so no big deal, however, under 3.4 the design and layout of this sub menu is horrible. Will have to play with the design and see if I can get the Ford Classic and Lincoln Timeless mix back. As result of another glitch in the system.
I guess I'm going to have to play with ForScan again. I went under menu and the heated seats aren't showing up there. Can anyone point me where to look to fix this?

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
My total upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 took just 21 minutes.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
My total upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 took just 21 minutes.
Yeah Thatā€™s the easy one. The maps, thatā€™s a different deal.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Thatā€™s the easy one. The maps, thatā€™s a different deal.
The Nav update file is huge. I get 300Mb download speed and Iā€™m using a USB 3.0 drive. The file has to be downloaded, unzipped, and transferred to USB. Iā€™m guessing the download and install took me ~90 mins. Actually takes about an hour for the install with the truck running. I forgot to disable auto-stop on the engine, so I had to start the truck again and resume the install. Plus another 15 mins using FORScan to re-enable climate control.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'm going to have to play with ForScan again. I went under menu and the heated seats aren't showing up there. Can anyone point me where to look to fix this?
Itā€™s under another option further down the configuration menu. I think they call it power seats, then you have the options (disable) (heat and cool) (heat). This is all from memory, so donā€™t count on my description. Next time Iā€™m on FORScan I will take a screenshot.

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I'm not going to plow through 65 pages of files....

This said, in the last three days, I've spent more time talking to Ford and their Sync supplier, than I would like. But, I finally spoke with a really knowledgable Ford Rep, with a sweet voice and disposition. Only to find out, she uses an iMac at home! Great!

The reason the down loaded files don't work when using Apple's iMac software, is that it doesn't organize them correctly. Considering what base operating system Ford's Sync operates on, I down loaded the free version of Win-Zip for iMac. Further, from talking to the young lady, even Window's built-in, zip application, doesn't do it correctly most of the time.

The photo below is what the unzipped file should look like on a Mac or PC. If it doesn't, download some other app and try it.

I'll agree with one or two comments from above. Apparently, not everything works until you reboot the program after the update. All this reminds me of the old adage about try, try, again!

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 12.34.09 PM.png
Sponsored