Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I'm not sure how I managed it but I did the 3.3 to 3.4 upgrade and my screen is now blank. I shut the truck off, pulled the drive, restarted and the screen is blank.

Any ideas?
Have you let it sit off for about 5 minutes prior to starting up again? That's trigger a cold vs warm reboot.
Sponsored

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
Have you let it sit off for about 5 minutes prior to starting up again? That's trigger a cold vs warm reboot.
Yes, I did. I just did a "soft" reset (power & fwd buttons). That seems to have brought it back to life. I think it finished the Sync update (shows 3.4). Climate is still there. No favorites, previous or Home destinations in Nav. Radio presets are still there.

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the update again. Hopefully it will be clean.

Is the NA 119 update seperate?

rpeterson53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Is this upgrade to 3.4 worth doing ? I have 3.3 with FORScan ability to modify a configuration. I just can’t believe what I read about the experiences on this upgrade. My other vehicles allow updating the software without running the engine, just having the car powered and having a power source powering the car. Mazda map updates are on an SD card cones on the computer. I just can’t believe Ford can’t get this right after all the grief reported here.

What changes will I note going to 3.4 ?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Is this upgrade to 3.4 worth doing ? I have 3.3 with FORScan ability to modify a configuration. I just can’t believe what I read about the experiences on this upgrade. My other vehicles allow updating the software without running the engine, just having the car powered and having a power source powering the car. Mazda map updates are on an SD card cones on the computer. I just can’t believe Ford can’t get this right after all the grief reported here.

Speed
It's slower to load but faster in use.
Improved VR.
The GUI is a bit different but overall I think there were notable improvements and I'm happy I updated to 3.4.

Last edited:

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Yeah, v3.3 -> v3.4, especially with updated maps, is quite different under the hood. Nav generally gets some form of tweaks every release given it's the most complex domain. FYI, you don't need to dive into that destination menu first, you can just say "Destination POI" if that's the lingo you're comfortable with.
Well thanks to you and your team for the new update. I really like the VR much better than 3.3 and the VR in my 2011 Escape.
Now go down the hall and kick some butts to get my Climate Controls back.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid

I know of many that have just hooked it up to power and done the map updates that way. I just cycled the vehicle on every half hour or so to keep it alive if it doesn't have the option to disable the auto shut down. The SD cards are nice, but my bet is they went this route to prevent thefts. I know from a prior job that was a big problem.

As far as if the upgrade is worth it, you mileage may vary. Totally depends on what you do / use. If you listen to AM radio and do nothing else, then you may not see an advantage. if you're a heavier user of the features, like VR for example, then there would be some advantages.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Prior to the update to Sync3.4 I enabled the three climate features with FORScan, as my APMI was defaulted to DISABLE which would have resulted in loss of climate controls.

Ford needs to hire a graphic designer as the appearance of all the displays looks like a kid's first attempt at a PowerPoint presentation.

0814200716.jpg
0814200716_HDR.jpg

New design from Sync3.4. Under MENU - Additional Climate Controls it appears there are less controls in the new menu than the older 3.3 controls. Is this normal or is something missing again due to the glitch like Climate Controls?

0805201444_HDR.jpg
0805201444a_HDR.jpg

Sync 3.3 views and Additional Climate Controls menu. The missing controls under this menu in 3.4 are actually on the main display, so no big deal, however, under 3.4 the design and layout of this sub menu is horrible. Will have to play with the design and see if I can get the Ford Classic and Lincoln Timeless mix back. As result of another glitch in the system.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Prior to the update to Sync3.4 I enabled the three climate features with FORScan, as my APMI was defaulted to DISABLE which would have resulted in loss of climate controls.

Ford needs to hire a graphic designer as the appearance of all the displays looks like a kid's first attempt at a PowerPoint presentation.

0814200716.jpg
0814200716_HDR.jpg

New design from Sync3.4. Under MENU - Additional Climate Controls it appears there are less controls in the new menu than the older 3.3 controls. Is this normal or is something missing again due to the glitch like Climate Controls?

0805201444_HDR.jpg
0805201444a_HDR.jpg

Sync 3.3 views and Additional Climate Controls menu. The missing controls under this menu in 3.4 are actually on the main display, so no big deal, however, under 3.4 the design and layout of this sub menu is horrible. Will have to play with the design and see if I can get the Ford Classic and Lincoln Timeless mix back. As result of another glitch in the system.
Perhaps you can answer a couple questions of mine.

You stated you Enabled all 3 Climate settings (Climate Domain, Climate Icons - both Mode and Recirculation) prior to updating to v3.4 as were all previously defaulted to Disabled. What trim level do you have? Ex: XLT 301A, XLT 302A?

Also by doing this, when you updated to v3.4, you didn't lose your climate controls?

Last edited:

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an XLT 302a package non NAV. Following the Ford instructions it only took about 25 min, and it maintained Climate Controls.

I believe the credit goes to UofMEngineer who said that there was a glitch in the system that allowed the climate controls to appear and function even though the Hexcode was wrong. Someone else did post the code and change needed to Enable the Climate Domain, or do it the easy way and just Enable it under the menu option in FORScan.

Below was my original settings. I Enabled these first then updated with the Ford Factory files to v3.4

APMI_1of4.jpg

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I have an XLT 302a package non NAV. Following the Ford instructions it only took about 25 min, and it maintained Climate Controls.

I believe the credit goes to UofMEngineer who said that there was a glitch in the system that allowed the climate controls to appear and function even though the Hexcode was wrong. Someone else did post the code and change needed to Enable the Climate Domain, or do it the easy way and just Enable it under the menu option in FORScan.

Below was my original settings. I Enabled these first then updated with the Ford Factory files to v3.4

APMI_1of4.jpg
Excellent !!

I know my XLT 302A APIM at 7D0-04-01 was set to xxxx-xx8x-xxxx. Trucks with later build dates at this same module address are set to xxxx-xx0x-xxxx. It would appear all those set to 8 lost the climate icon. Those that were set to 0 did not.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the build data of your truck? Mine was July2019 set to 7D0-04-01 xxxx-xx8x-xxxx

Is there an actual date in which Ford corrected this code? This may help those who do not have FORScan and are about to update.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
What is the build data of your truck? Mine was July2019 set to 7D0-04-01 xxxx-xx0x-xxxx

Is there an actual date in which Ford corrected this code? This may help those who do not have FORScan and are about to update.
It is easy enough to see if you have the code by downloading the as built data from Ford as has been described here many times. No need for Forscan if you just want to know how yours is set.

Timothy Farley

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat 4wd
Ok fixed Climate control with Forscan. Everything is there now except under Additional Climate Controls , power seats is missing. Can someone tell me where to enable that. Thanks.
Sponsored