Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Currently on 3.4 Build 21194 an have been for a WHILE.
I try to update it and it tells me this is the current version.

Then this last weekend we were on a road trip out in South Arizona in and out of areas with limited to no cell service and damn sure no wifi. One morning I go fire her up and Sync acts funny, like all of my settings and preferences got reset. It had forgotten my iPhone as a previously connected phone so I had to reconfigure it all.

Now for the last few days off and on, sometimes the phone works and sometimes it doesn't. I have to reboot the truck and the phone to get them to recognize each other. I've also replaced the lightning cable with a new one. Seems to have helped a little but not entirely. May be just a coincidence.

I assumed the Sync updated and caused all of this but today when I checked, it was still 3.4 B21194.

So what version is everyone running? Am I on the latest? Or is my Ranger tugging me because it's too lazy to download a new version? Do I need to reset something to make it pull down a new version? Anyone else with a recently wonky Sync experience?
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Hello Greg:
I am at 21194 and Ford says that is the latest. I'm not having any problems (fingers crossed) with this version. Have you tried a Master Reset?

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I've had the same issue this past 2 years - Using Android Auto.

I finally switched to Apple Car Play - And this has solved it for me. Initially set it up and from then on it's automatic when the key is turned on. So much easier and robust.
Sponsored